Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Looking for a New Keyboard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a New Keyboard. - Page 2

post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster;14347341 

Seriously
?

It was my understanding that good Ducky's are hard to find in the US. If you don't want to buy off OCN where would you go?

Then again, I'm very skeptical of many online retailers. Newegg and Amazon are my two favorites.
post #12 of 23
XArmor's build quality is generally very acceptable. However, Ducky, on their 9000 series at least, has superb build quality. Out of the hundreds of keyboards OCN has sold or given away we've had maybe one or two defective boards.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
for less than $140 though he's pretty much limited to the MX Blues. Browns cost a lot more... every MX Brown keyboard I've seen that wasn't a junk board with brown switches thrown in always cost $150+. I guess he could go with MX blacks but they aren't really much of a mechanical switch if you ask me.




Amazon.com: XARMOR-U9BL Backlit Keyboard Illuminated Mechanical Keyboard: Electronics


That's the MX Blue variant of the XArmor. IMO it's the nicest mechanical you'll find with a wrist rest to boot, along with media function keys if you ever want them. Plus the layout is clean too. You could get a Razer Black Widow, but IMO those things look awful.

The XArmor MX Blues are about $135, so just under your $140 budget.
What are you talking about? The browns are not in a different price range from the blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
It was my understanding that good Ducky's are hard to find in the US. If you don't want to buy off OCN where would you go?

Then again, I'm very skeptical of many online retailers. Newegg and Amazon are my two favorites.
I don't understand your argument or your logic. If you can find them on tankguys then you can find them in the US. Why would you have any reason to be skeptical of tankguys?
Edited by ChoboGuy - 7/26/11 at 12:31am
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoboGuy View Post
What are you talking about? The browns are not in a different price range from the blues.



I don't understand your argument or your logic. If you can find them on tankguys then you can find them in the US. Why would you have any reason to be skeptical of tankguys?
Every Brown I've seen goes for $150+.

Why would I be skeptical of tankguys? I've never used them before. I've used Amazon and Newegg for years.
post #15 of 23
.

Filco browns are about as expensive as mainstream brown boards go and they are priced at about $140-$150. There are many other MX brown boards out there that are priced around the $100-$120 range that are highly regarded (e.g. Leopold, Das, Ducky).

AFAIK the only backlit MX brown in the market as of now is the XArmor and that has a retarded price on Amazon ($180 when it should normally be around $130). If the OP wants a good backlit MX brown, he can wait for the Ducky Shine to come out.

I've never seen any complaints about tankguys. People on here get their keyboards and are happy with them.
Edited by ChoboGuy - 7/26/11 at 5:34pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
for less than $140 though he's pretty much limited to the MX Blues. Browns cost a lot more... every MX Brown keyboard I've seen that wasn't a junk board with brown switches thrown in always cost $150+. I guess he could go with MX blacks but they aren't really much of a mechanical switch if you ask me.




Amazon.com: XARMOR-U9BL Backlit Keyboard Illuminated Mechanical Keyboard: Electronics


That's the MX Blue variant of the XArmor. IMO it's the nicest mechanical you'll find with a wrist rest to boot, along with media function keys if you ever want them. Plus the layout is clean too. You could get a Razer Black Widow, but IMO those things look awful.

The XArmor MX Blues are about $135, so just under your $140 budget.
wow, looks good stuff. I like it.
post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoboGuy View Post
Lol XArmor has brown boards that you can get off Amazon for $85 before shipping .

Filco browns are about as expensive as mainstream brown boards go and they are priced at about $140-$150. There are many other MX brown boards out there that are priced around the $100-$120 range that are highly regarded (e.g. Leopold, Das, Ducky).

AFAIK the only backlit MX brown in the market as of now is the XArmor and that has a retarded price on Amazon ($180 when it should normally be around $130). If the OP wants a good backlit MX brown, he can wait for the Ducky Shine to come out.

I've never seen any complaints about tankguys. People on here get their keyboards and are happy with them.
The OP wants one that is backlit. The one you linked is not backlit. Whatever though, I'm not here to argue with others. I already made my suggestion...
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
The OP wants one that is backlit. The one you linked is not backlit.

This maybe not completely true.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/1...rmor-u9-3.html

The link is about the u9plus (blue) but thre's a chanche that the same happen with the brown version.
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
The OP wants one that is backlit. The one you linked is not backlit. Whatever though, I'm not here to argue with others. I already made my suggestion...
I'm just trying to correct your information. Browns are NOT in a different price range from blues. Even when talking about backlit MX browns, the only one available on the market right now is the XArmor.

Here it is for $130.
post #20 of 23
Just wait for the Ducky Shine. Should have multiple switch types available and PBT keycaps with backlight.
haticK
(18 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Samsung 850 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ADATA Premier SP610 Western Digital VelociRaptor LG 14X Blu-ray Rewriter Asetek 590LX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW Ducky DK9008S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM1000 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Corsair Sabre RGB Laser SteelSeries 9HD 
AudioAudio
Creative SoundBlaster Z Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
haticK
(18 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Samsung 850 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ADATA Premier SP610 Western Digital VelociRaptor LG 14X Blu-ray Rewriter Asetek 590LX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW Ducky DK9008S 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM1000 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Corsair Sabre RGB Laser SteelSeries 9HD 
AudioAudio
Creative SoundBlaster Z Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Looking for a New Keyboard.