Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread! - Page 792

post #7911 of 8091
Okay our official Overclock.net SWTOR guild has a website now: http://sithsfortech.guildlaunch.com

Join us on the Shadowlands server.
post #7912 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos07 View Post

OCN has a SWTOR guild on Shadowlands?

Yes we do... our guild is on Repub and Empire factions on Shadowlands. http://sithsfortech.guildlaunch.com to sign up there.
post #7913 of 8091
Found some interesting stats on tanking in 2.0 and after. Conflicts with Noxxic, big time, or at least their stat priorities.

Can't link it now since I'm at work, but I'll get it up when I'm on and preparing for raid tonight!

Let's put it this way... I have a BH PT tank, and I'm augmented 14x Redoubt. bigeyedsmiley.png





Thanks - T
post #7914 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post

Found some interesting stats on tanking in 2.0 and after. Conflicts with Noxxic, big time, or at least their stat priorities.

Can't link it now since I'm at work, but I'll get it up when I'm on and preparing for raid tonight!

Let's put it this way... I have a BH PT tank, and I'm augmented 14x Redoubt. bigeyedsmiley.png

Thanks - T

I recommend staying away from Noxxic.
I'm assuming the tanking stats you just found out are from 1 of these 2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567164
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

Both are good, their numbers are very close to each other. You can use either of them for optimizing tank stats.
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7915 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maou View Post

I recommend staying away from Noxxic.
I'm assuming the tanking stats you just found out are from 1 of these 2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567164
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779

Both are good, their numbers are very close to each other. You can use either of them for optimizing tank stats.


I'm assuming as well. rolleyes.gif

It basically tosses the pre-2.0 Absorb for Powertechs on it's head, and makes most of the modern gear useless, even after itemization. The only thing you can really do as a PT is augment fully into defense, and hope for the best!

Thanks - T
post #7916 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post




I'm assuming as well. rolleyes.gif

It basically tosses the pre-2.0 Absorb for Powertechs on it's head, and makes most of the modern gear useless, even after itemization. The only thing you can really do as a PT is augment fully into defense, and hope for the best!

Thanks - T

For Powertech/Vanguard tank, shield is what you want the most ,not defense. Defense is what Guardian/Jug loves though tongue.gif
BIS for PT tank
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/42750c58-32fc-4f35-92dd-03637ae825f7
Edited by Maou - 5/22/13 at 8:55am
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7917 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maou View Post

For Powertech/Vanguard tank, shield is what you want the most ,not defense. Defense is what Guardian/Jug loves though tongue.gif
BIS for PT tank
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/42750c58-32fc-4f35-92dd-03637ae825f7


I'll have to look at the post again, but the one I had at home shows pool with DEF requiring the most, then SHIELD, then ABS, but I could be remembering wrong.

I'd just as soon NOT do that, as it's impossible on a PT anyway. We have no DEF stats on any endgame gear. None. hmmsmiley02.gif

At any rate, I'll have to keep all those augments anyway, just to hit the mark for DEF that is called for! Sad, frankly. redface.gif



Thanks - T
post #7918 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post




I'll have to look at the post again, but the one I had at home shows pool with DEF requiring the most, then SHIELD, then ABS, but I could be remembering wrong.

I'd just as soon NOT do that, as it's impossible on a PT anyway. We have no DEF stats on any endgame gear. None. hmmsmiley02.gif

At any rate, I'll have to keep all those augments anyway, just to hit the mark for DEF that is called for! Sad, frankly. redface.gif

Thanks - T

PT/VG tank endgame gears do have defense.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/47887/underworld-supercommandos-boots
+148 Aim
+199 Endurance
+79 Shield Rating
+89 Defense Rating
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/47888/underworld-supercommandos-gauntlets
+148 Aim
+199 Endurance
+79 Accuracy Rating
+89 Defense Rating
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7919 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maou View Post

PT/VG tank endgame gears do have defense.
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/47887/underworld-supercommandos-boots
+148 Aim
+199 Endurance
+79 Shield Rating
+89 Defense Rating
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/47888/underworld-supercommandos-gauntlets
+148 Aim
+199 Endurance
+79 Accuracy Rating
+89 Defense Rating


Ah, I stand ever-so-slightly-but-still-posing-a-good-point corrected... That's not enough to hit the mark, to be sure... thumb.gif
NTM I'm sure as bloody well not putting whatever's got that ACC on it into tanking gear... Oi vey... rolleyes.gif




Thanks - T
post #7920 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post




Ah, I stand ever-so-slightly-but-still-posing-a-good-point corrected... That's not enough to hit the mark, to be sure... thumb.gif
NTM I'm sure as bloody well not putting whatever's got that ACC on it into tanking gear... Oi vey... rolleyes.gif


Thanks - T

I recommend not following that mark if it's above 800 for defense. Check out the threads i linked earlier for more accurate tank stats distribution.
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
Zetsubou
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX 970 SLI G-Skill 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB Black Samsung EVO 850 500GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Dell U2410 Seasonic X-750 CM 690 II Advance Razer Naga 
Mouse Pad
Goliathus Control 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread!