Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Stop 'blind recommending' please!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stop 'blind recommending' please!!!! - Page 6

post #51 of 74
I recommend stuff blindly all the time. I have no idea most of the time what im talking about, but at least i admit it.
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdcpu4life;14361785 
I recommend stuff blindly all the time. I have no idea most of the time what im talking about, but at least i admit it.

Hahahah me too me too
post #53 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nw0rb;14361815 
Hahahah me too me too

How are you running on 4 MB of system ram?!

I recommend at least 8 MB of ram...

Might want to change it to GB in your sig buddy smile.gif
Edited by amdcpu4life - 7/26/11 at 11:48pm
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggin;14361638 
Funny you would say that as I bought my 555's for Dubstep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw&feature=related

When you remove the foam, the bass really picks up. I also listen through an amp. I dunno, but the bass is so loud that occasionally when I'm listening full blast(near deafening)volumes, they fall off.

You're listening too it FAR TOO LOUD if that's the case then because the HD555 has recessed bass, It a fact. This isn't opinion. It's fact. Look after your ears bud. An amp won't do much for the HD555 sound quality wise (unless it's the 120 ohm version) either. An amp will not drastically change the way it sounds.
post #55 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;14361370 
Logitech MX518 (I'll admit this one deserves to be blindly recommended).

The newer MX518s are overrated these days. They aren't as good as the originals and the G500 is much superior to the MX518. Better tracking, better grip....
post #56 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;14361370 
Some of the most common blind recommendations:
Corsair PSU/WC, Sennheiser headphones, Western Digital HDD, Coolermaster HAF series, Logitech MX518 (I'll admit this one deserves to be blindly recommended).

We're past it but previous blind recommendations (or recommendation "crazes" if you will) included: HD4890 and the P45-UD3P in particular, Antec Cases...

I see Spinpoints getting recommended a lot more than WD.
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi;14361880 
You're listening too it FAR TOO LOUD if that's the case then because the HD555 has recessed bass, It a fact. This isn't opinion. It's fact. Look after your ears bud. An amp won't do much for the HD555 sound quality wise (unless it's the 120 ohm version) either. An amp will not drastically change the way it sounds.

You say that the HD555 has recessed bass and that it's a fact. What makes it a fact?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix;14361914 
You say that the HD555 has recessed bass and that it's a fact. What makes it a fact?

Because he said so.
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
~TheDarkTower~
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.0 GHZ [1.425v] [Stable] Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 Evga Gtx-260 Core 216 896 MB [725/1475/2400] G-Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3-1333 8GB [2x4GB] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB Sata [7200 RPM] Lite On CD/DVD BURNER [Sata] Windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit] Emachine 19" Widescreen HD [1440x900] 
PowerCase
NZXT 800 Watts [Sli Ready] Cooler Master Elite 430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggin;14361734 
Exhausts can add horsepower.... you don't "feel" it, but you can DYNO it.

I didnt want to get into this in this thread, and this was not my point, but take my word for it that on this car, exhaust (other than long tubes) does not add any measurable (that means dyno, and 1-3 HP is not considered measurable increase as back to back runs can vary more than that) power. It is just not a restriction on THIS specific car until you get to high boost power, which again is not relevant to the posts I was talking about.

My point was that people want to justify spending money, especially as the amount gets higher, and they don't want to feel like they got ripped off.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 74
so what headphone good for dubstep ? biggrin.gif
_______________________________________________________
anyway agreed to this....
it's like just dx(soundcard), hd555, and ad700 are the only gadget in OCN -_-"

people asking for headset, saw ppl always give recommendation a "headphone"
it's headset they want !!

ppl want gaming and skype headset(got better mic for sure), u give them clip on mic...helloow ?
_______________________________________________________________
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k (@stock) Asus Maximus 7 Hero DA(palit)gtx 1080 gamerock Corsair Red Vengeance 2333mhz 2x8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung ssd pro 512,  Prolimatech Supermega w10 pro 64 AOC 27" I2757FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Filco Camouflage Corsair HX850 W Bitfenix Shinobi XL ZxR, beyer dt 770pro,polk 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k (@stock) Asus Maximus 7 Hero DA(palit)gtx 1080 gamerock Corsair Red Vengeance 2333mhz 2x8gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung ssd pro 512,  Prolimatech Supermega w10 pro 64 AOC 27" I2757FH 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Filco Camouflage Corsair HX850 W Bitfenix Shinobi XL ZxR, beyer dt 770pro,polk 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Stop 'blind recommending' please!!!!