Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time. - Page 4

post #31 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius01 View Post
Electrical misfire in the brain. Epileptics experience it many times a day due the chaotic electrical signals inherent in their condition.

Instead of sensory input passing to the short-term memory it goes directly to long-term memory, hence why you think you've experienced an event previously.
Well that could be it, except for the fact deja vu continues ahead of what's actually happened. Hence remembering something a few seconds before it happened.
post #32 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
I completely disgree about saying that we "must make assumptions". That is completely false. Why bother experimenting and proving theories when accoring to you all we have to do is assume everything.
You've made countless assumptions by posting in this thread, getting out of bed in the morning, etc. Making assumptions is necessary. Assuming certain things does not make "experimenting and proving theories" useless. You assume evidence should be valued in your second sentence, you assume you aren't talking to figures of your imagination in this thread, etc.
post #33 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
The fact that tomorrow is not yesterday is something of a clue.
Actually all moments in time coincide. We just can't figure out how to move between them.
post #34 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetables View Post
You've made countless assumptions by posting in this thread, getting out of bed in the morning, etc. Making assumptions is necessary. Assuming certain things does not make "experimenting and proving theories" useless. You assume evidence should be valued in your second sentence, you assume you aren't talking to figures of your imagination in this thread, etc.
I have made none of the assumptions that you claim that I have in your post. Please do not try to "put words in my mouth". Thank You.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
I agree with the part about Occam's razor, but you failed to prove which viewpoint is simpler- therefore your comment has no meaning.
Semi-random neurons firing vs subconcious/metaphysical connection to past lives? The simplier viewpoint is pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
Again, I clearly stated that my belief in Deja Vu is MY OPINION and that it proves nothing.
I question your belief system. You believe something without ANY evidence (stating as such) but yell at others for their beliefs that have reasonings/evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
I completely disgree about saying that we "must make assumptions". That is completely false. Why bother experimenting and proving theories when accoring to you all we have to do is assume everything.
At some point in the process, assumptions are absolutely required. Unless one has absolute and complete knowledge of everything before one creates an experiement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
I have made none of the assumptions that you claim that I have in your post. Please do not try to "put words in my mouth". Thank You.
Actually, he is right and you are wrong. You subconsciously assume what you see is what is all the time. You assume that when you step out of bed that you will touch the floor. This falls into philosophy.... which is the base of your "arguements". Many of these "arguements" have been debated for centuries already. Science has already acknowledged it is not absolute but continues onward with an understanding that it may be wrong. Scientists work knowing that they are basing their experiments on current observation/information.

When was the last time you've taken a college level philosophy or science class?

Bluntly and flatout... based on your statements, you are trying to argue with people who have more understanding on these subjects.
Edited by DuckieHo - 7/26/11 at 8:11am
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
I have made none of the assumptions that you claim that I have in your post. Please do not try to "put words in my mouth". Thank You.




I believe we are talking to a brick wall fellas
Edited by Vegetables - 7/26/11 at 8:06am
post #37 of 200
Time has to be fluid as we age.
Main system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
980x Evga e760 classified GTX 580 tri-sli 12 gb corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
x3 OCZ Vertex 2 200 gb+ 2 tb spinpoint f3 Sony bluray burner/player Windows 7 64 X3 Asus 24 inch In 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Antec 1200W x2 Lian-Li x2000 RAZER Lachesis Banshee 
Mouse Pad
Some old mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Main system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
980x Evga e760 classified GTX 580 tri-sli 12 gb corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
x3 OCZ Vertex 2 200 gb+ 2 tb spinpoint f3 Sony bluray burner/player Windows 7 64 X3 Asus 24 inch In 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Antec 1200W x2 Lian-Li x2000 RAZER Lachesis Banshee 
Mouse Pad
Some old mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Semi-random neurons firing vs subconcious/metaphysical connection to past lives? The simplier viewpoint is pretty obvious.


I question your belief system. You believe something without ANY evidence (stating as such) but yell at others for their beliefs that have reasonings/evidence.


At some point in the process, assumptions are absolutely required. Unless one has absolute and complete knowledge of everything before one creates an experiement.
ALL of the things you are stating in this post are false. You have already made it perfectly clear that you disagree with my viewpoint, and that irks you. I am sorry that my approach of questioning things rather than blindly accepting them causes you such consternation.

However, I would like to ask a simple thing of you: Please refrain from letting this anger drive your actions. You are after all a "Moderator" here, therefore you should not go around attacking people and trying to cause flamewars. If you really want to attack me I think that out of respect for this Forum and all of those who post here that you should either abstain from attacking people with whom you disagree, or at the very least log off with your moderator's account and log in with some other account and continue your attack without trashing the integrity of the Forum.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
ALL of the things you are stating in this post are false. You have already made it perfectly clear that you disagree with my viewpoint, and that irks you. I am sorry that my approach of questioning things rather than blindly accepting them causes you such consternation.

However, I would like to ask a simple thing of you: Please refrain from letting this anger drive your actions. You are after all a "Moderator" here, therefore you should not go around attacking people and trying to cause flamewars. If you really want to attack me I think that out of respect for this Forum and all of those who post here that you should either abstain from attacking people with whom you disagree, or at the very least log off with your moderator's account and log in with some other account and continue your attack without trashing the integrity of the Forum.
Which statements are false?

You ARE blinding accepting. You had stated so explicitly. You have opinions without evidence.

What anger? You really don't know what you're talking about... and you are not open to understanding.

You don't even realize that your viewpoint/opinions/questions are based on some assumptions.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
What about Deja Vu? I've experienced events that haven't occured and yet I have a memory of them.
your brain needs new firm ware
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.