Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time. - Page 5

post #41 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggin View Post
Time has to be fluid as we age.
How do you figure?

Movement doesn't have to be fluid, even though we move fluidly. Electrons instantaneously jump between energy states without regard for time and can exist in many places at once.

It is very poor science to make assumptions about the laws of the universe based on simple human experience.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.5GHz @ 1.32V Asus P8P67 Pro EVGA GTX 580 Mushkin 2133 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840  WD Black Silver Arrow Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2211H Rosewill RK-9000BR Seasonic X750 HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis Grado HF2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
ALL of the things you are stating in this post are false. You have already made it perfectly clear that you disagree with my viewpoint, and that irks you. I am sorry that my approach of questioning things rather than blindly accepting them causes you such consternation.

However, I would like to ask a simple thing of you: Please refrain from letting this anger drive your actions. You are after all a "Moderator" here, therefore you should not go around attacking people and trying to cause flamewars. If you really want to attack me I think that out of respect for this Forum and all of those who post here that you should either abstain from attacking people with whom you disagree, or at the very least log off with your moderator's account and log in with some other account and continue your attack without trashing the integrity of the Forum.
What are you still on about? You have done nothing but complain about other peoples opinions and disregard anything anyone here has to say. Duckie is right in what he is saying and believe it or not he has more knowledge than you do(That was an assumption by the way). Yes he is a moderator and for good reason. He is not attacking you only trying to correct your false arguments. I have no idea if you are trolling or are just completely ignorant, but please just stop now. It's getting annoying. I just want to read a good science article and have a meaningful and logical discussion about it.
post #43 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
How do you figure?

Movement doesn't have to be fluid, even though we move fluidly. Electrons instantaneously jump between energy states without regard for time and can exist in many places at once.

It is very poor science to make assumptions about the laws of the universe based on simple human experience.
Planck Length and Planck Time are basically the smallest possible measurable distance and time. If we were ever able to probe the universe at this level, things would not be so fluid.

Yup, quantum physics gets weeeeeeeeird and is really nice at giving people headaches in trying to understand.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_08 View Post
So can we see the birth of our planet if we go see so many light years ahead that has already happen in the past?

As wouldn't it be also possible to see ahead in the future? Or can we only see the past that has already happen?
If an alien lifeform were standing on a planet 100 lightyears from earth, with a great big telescope, looking at where earth was exactly 100 years ago, they would in fact see earth as it was 100 years ago, and all the people walking around, etc...

That's because those events happened, and the light has bounced away and floated into the universe carrying that information for anyone to pick up. Now, seeing the future cannot be done in the same way, because light goes from source to destination, not vice versa. The action hasn't happened yet, no light has hit the objects involved, so you cannot 'see' the event that hasn't taken place yet. (although that would be pretty B.A. thb...)


and on another note:

LOL @ Jagged_Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel
However, I would like to ask a simple thing of you: Please refrain from letting this anger drive your actions. You are after all a "Moderator" here, therefore you should not go around attacking people and trying to cause flamewars. If you really want to attack me I think that out of respect for this Forum and all of those who post here that you should either abstain from attacking people with whom you disagree, or at the very least log off with your moderator's account and log in with some other account and continue your attack without trashing the integrity of the Forum.
Explaining how we believe that you are incorrect is not the same as attacking you. Nobody is burning you at the stake. However, I have had a great chuckle reading your posts, so thanks for that!

sorry, had to throw that in there...
Cheers!
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 200
I think there is more to Deja Vu than a simple misfiring of the brain. When I was younger and was always on the wrong side of the law, I had a deja vu moment. As I was having this moment, I knew that I was going to go outside and be arrested. Being armed with this knowledge I decided not to go outside, instead I looked out the window and low and behold a cop was slowly driving by my window. Coincidence? I think not. I have had many of these types of moments, in which I could predict with my wife what we were about to talk or argue about based on these deja vu moments.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Edited by GuilT1 - 7/26/11 at 8:44am
post #46 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Yup, quantum physics gets weeeeeeeeird and is really nice at giving people headaches in trying to understand.
I chose not to be a quantum physicist because I didn't want accidentally dis-entangle the universe to smitherines! There are much cooler things for a person's headstone to say....
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOP View Post
If an alien lifeform were standing on a planet 100 lightyears from earth, with a great big telescope, looking at where earth was exactly 100 years ago, they would in fact see earth as it was 100 years ago, and all the people walking around, etc...

That's because those events happened, and the light has bounced away and floated into the universe carrying that information for anyone to pick up. Now, seeing the future cannot be done in the same way, because light goes from source to destination, not vice versa. The action hasn't happened yet, no light has hit the objects involved, so you cannot 'see' the event that hasn't taken place yet. (although that would be pretty B.A. thb...)


and on another note:

LOL @ Jagged_Steel



Explaining how we believe that you are incorrect is not the same as attacking you. Nobody is burning you at the stake. However, I have had a great chuckle reading your posts, so thanks for that!

sorry, had to throw that in there...
Cheers!
In regards to the first part of your post, that is what most scientists accept as what happens to light and it is based on some logic and understanding. However, it not a proven fact. I am speaking in regards to the light actually showing what happened in the past, not how long the light takes to travel. Light taking time to travel is a proven fact. Not trying to say you are wrong by any means, I am just saying things may not be as they appear. Maybe one day we will find out that light and other cosmic forces are unaffected by time. Which in turn would mean yes the light would take 100 years to reach so called planet, however what you would see could still be what is happening at that exact moment in time. Food for thought?
post #48 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
When I was younger and was always on the wrong side of the law, I had a deja vu moment. As I was having this moment, I knew that I was going to go outside and be arrested. Being armed with this knowledge I decided not to go outside, instead I looked out the window and low and behold a cop was slowly driving by my window.
You really can't think of a more reasonable explanation for this? Is it possible the cop wasn't looking for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
Coincidence?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
I think not.
Oh boy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
I have had many of these types of moments, in which I could predict with my wife what we were about to talk or argue about based on these deja vu moments.
Its called intuition. You probably talk and argue about similar things.
post #49 of 200
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
I think there is more to Deja Vu than a simple misfiring of the brain. When I was younger and was always on the wrong side of the law, I had a deja vu moment. As I was having this moment, I knew that I was going to go outside and be arrested. Being armed with this knowledge I decided not to go outside, instead I looked out the window and low and behold a cop was slowly driving by my window. Coincidence? I think not. I have had many of these types of moments, in which I could predict with my wife what we were about to talk or argue about based on these deja vu moments.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
You have what's known as "Cassandra's Curse". I'm fairly certain I'm stricken with the same thing.

Comes in handy though doesn't it? Especially for job interviews.
Edited by frickfrock999 - 7/26/11 at 8:52am
post #50 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetables View Post
You really can't think of a more reasonable explanation for this? Is it possible the cop wasn't looking for you?



Yes



Oh boy....



Its called intuition. You probably talk and argue about similar things.
The cop probably wasn't looking for me, but I did have active warrants for my arrest. No, it's not intuition, especially when I SEE these moments before they happen. It's not a feeling, it's visual.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.