Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time. - Page 6

post #51 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
You have what's known as "Cassandra's Curse". I'm fairly certain I'm stricken with the same thing.

Comes in handy though doesn't it? Especially for job interviews.
Funny that you mention that. I believe in these moments so much so, that I often avoid doing what I'm supposed to be doing in the deja vu moment to avoid the consequence that I foresaw.
post #52 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOP View Post
If an alien lifeform were standing on a planet 100 lightyears from earth, with a great big telescope, looking at where earth was exactly 100 years ago, they would in fact see earth as it was 100 years ago, and all the people walking around, etc...

That's because those events happened, and the light has bounced away and floated into the universe carrying that information for anyone to pick up. Now, seeing the future cannot be done in the same way, because light goes from source to destination, not vice versa. The action hasn't happened yet, no light has hit the objects involved, so you cannot 'see' the event that hasn't taken place yet. (although that would be pretty B.A. thb...)


and on another note:

LOL @ Jagged_Steel



Explaining how we believe that you are incorrect is not the same as attacking you. Nobody is burning you at the stake. However, I have had a great chuckle reading your posts, so thanks for that!

sorry, had to throw that in there...
Cheers!
So Space is just a massive area of past events that have already happen in past light years?

Why don't we find a way to travel faster than light year so we can get to see the events in real time?
post #53 of 200
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilT1 View Post
Funny that you mention that. I believe in these moments so much so, that I often avoid doing what I'm supposed to be doing in the deja vu moment to avoid the consequence that I foresaw.
I highly recommend you read "The Holographic Universe". It goes into how we perceive our world and how it reflects on everything. Lots of talk about quantum theories and such.

Basically, it all comes down to perception. Heightened or not, that energy you're radiating has to go somewhere. Just depends on how you see it.
post #54 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Which statements are false?

You ARE blinding accepting. You had stated so explicitly. You have opinions without evidence.

What anger? You really don't know what you're talking about... and you are not open to understanding.

You don't even realize that your viewpoint/opinions/questions are based on some assumptions.
but you are welcome to do so .

I have numbered the points in your post and commented upon these points below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Semi-random neurons firing vs subconcious/metaphysical connection to past lives? 1. The simplier viewpoint is pretty obvious.

2.I question your belief system. 3.You believe something without ANY evidence (stating as such) but yell at others for their beliefs that have reasonings/evidence.

4. At some point in the process, assumptions are absolutely required Unless one has absolute and complete knowledge of everything before one creates an experiement. .


5. Actually, he is right and you are wrong. You subconsciously assume what you see is what is all the time. You assume that when you step out of bed that you will touch the floor. This falls into philosophy.... which is the base of your "arguements". Many of these "arguements" have been debated for centuries already. 6. Science has already acknowledged it is not absolute but continues onward with an understanding that it may be wrong. Scientists work knowing that they are basing their experiments on current observation/information.

7. When was the last time you've taken a college level philosophy or science class?
8. Bluntly and flatout... based on your statements, you are trying to argue with people who have more understanding on these subjects.
Duckie:
Quote:
Which statements are false?
All of them.

1. The "simplier" viewpoint is definitely not obvious. You can state that it is without any proof all day long, and thus far your actions indicate that you intend to do so, but this does not make it fact.

2. This statement sounds very likely to be true and I sincerely apologize for saying that "ALL" of your statements in that post were false.

3. I believe something based upon my personal experiences, and in no way indicated that this was scientific in nature. Opinions are just that- a personal belief. I stated one and made it perfectly clear that I was doing so , with the intent that it could not possibly be construed as a statement of fact. Even though I clearly stated that it was an OPINION, you continue to misrepresent what I said.

3a. Also in this sentence is the assertion that i "yell at others". Completely false. Please refrain from falsely accusing me of rude behavior.

4. False. Assumptions are not required. They make conjecture seem more plausible, but they are certainly not required. An experiment is nothing but an excercise in futility if you assume things about the very nature of the thing you are supposedly investigating.

5. False. The post I was commenting on was attempting to put words into my mouth. Having you do so also does not change what I sadi- it is all there in black and white for you to review. Please refrain from doing this. Thank You.

6. This statement has some validity to it. I disagree with your conclusions however.

7. 30 years or so. I however never stop asking questions to expand my knowledge. If you have a better way of learning than asking questions I am really interested in hearing it.

8. Blunt is rude and indicates anger and lack of tact. Perhaps you are not angry and I misunderstand your intentions. If this is the case I sincerely apologize for thinking that openly hostile posts indicate anger in the person making the post.

On to your "rebuttal":

Quote:
You ARE blinding accepting. You had stated so explicitly. You have opinions without evidence.
What exactly are you saying that I blindly accept? If you are referring to my belief that some Deja Vu experiences that I have personally had are real, I am not blindly accepting them as fact. The experiences are real- what exactly they mean I do not know- this is why I ask questions. I understand that these are merely unprovable personal experiences and that believing them is an OPINION.

Quote:
What anger? You really don't know what you're talking about... and you are not open to understanding.
This anger^ .Your whole demeanor and tone indicates anger. And, you have no idea what I do or do not know. In my humble opinion, asking questions as I have done indicates that I am open to understanding, and that I am trying to gather more data to make better conclusions.

Quote:
You don't even realize that your viewpoint/opinions/questions are based on some assumptions
I am quite curious what these assumptions are, and even more intrigued as to how you would know what they are, since I have not indicated anything about them.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
What about Deja Vu? I've experienced events that haven't occured and yet I have a memory of them.
FrickFrock, I have that too. I have a theory for that, and it has to do with the human brain I believe.
post #56 of 200
Time is just the measurement of the rate of change.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[1055t 3.8GHz 1.45v] MSI 890FXA-GD70[NB 3GHz 1.38v] Club R9 380 2x2 GB Corsair 1450mhz 7-7-7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo 250gb LG Super multi Windows 10  3x Asus vw266h (5760 x 1200) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic s12g Coolermaster ATCS 840 Logitech g300s 
Mouse PadAudio
Mouse Rug Asus xonar essence stx  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[1055t 3.8GHz 1.45v] MSI 890FXA-GD70[NB 3GHz 1.38v] Club R9 380 2x2 GB Corsair 1450mhz 7-7-7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo 250gb LG Super multi Windows 10  3x Asus vw266h (5760 x 1200) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic s12g Coolermaster ATCS 840 Logitech g300s 
Mouse PadAudio
Mouse Rug Asus xonar essence stx  
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 200
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by assaulth3ro911 View Post
FrickFrock, I have that too. I have a theory for that, and it has to do with the human brain I believe.
Oh I don't doubt it. Thing is, as far as we've come, we still don't know everything about the brain. Not even close.

Based off my own experiences, I'd say those experiences operate on a whole other plane of existence. Our brain simply decodes it into familiar/unexperienced events. It's a bit hard to prove to others though.
post #58 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_08 View Post
So Space is just a massive area of past events that have already happen in past light years?

Why don't we find a way to travel faster than light year so we can get to see the events in real time?
because according to einstein, and e=mc^2, it would take an infinite amount of energy to make an object with mass travel at or near the speed of light.

something of an "impregnable barrier" of physics. Although quantum physics is blowing minds left and right with what it can predict and demonstrate in experiment, so who knows...


and to timlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlander
In regards to the first part of your post, that is what most scientists accept as what happens to light and it is based on some logic and understanding. However, it not a proven fact. I am speaking in regards to the light actually showing what happened in the past, not how long the light takes to travel. Light taking time to travel is a proven fact. Not trying to say you are wrong by any means, I am just saying things may not be as they appear. Maybe one day we will find out that light and other cosmic forces are unaffected by time. Which in turn would mean yes the light would take 100 years to reach so called planet, however what you would see could still be what is happening at that exact moment in time. Food for thought
I want to say that I'm not a totally thrilled at the idea of some alien watching the entire history of our planet unfold from some distant part of the universe.

And I'm certain it isn't unreasonable to believe that the light would become so distorted with interference from the rest of the universe that the 'picture' might be a little to fuzzy on the other end, but it must be pointed out that everything the hubble telescope sees, every picture we have of objects in the universe, it is all from light, that took a long, long time to get here. So yes, when we look up at the night sky, we are looking at the 'past' technically speaking.

crazy eh?
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timlander View Post
What are you still on about? You have done nothing but complain about other peoples opinions and disregard anything anyone here has to say. Duckie is right in what he is saying and believe it or not he has more knowledge than you do(That was an assumption by the way). Yes he is a moderator and for good reason. He is not attacking you only trying to correct your false arguments. I have no idea if you are trolling or are just completely ignorant, but please just stop now. It's getting annoying. I just want to read a good science article and have a meaningful and logical discussion about it.
Please show to me where I have complained about something. I guess I must say this again: Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Thank You.

Also: I am perfectly capable of figuring out when I am being attacked, but thank you for your concern.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
Please show to me where I have complained about something. I guess I must say this again: Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Thank You.

Also: I am perfectly capable of figuring out when I am being attacked, but thank you for your concern.
Are you still going on about this?

And p.s. this is the internet. There are no mouths involved. Fingers.. bits of data flowing along wires... being put onto hard disks on servers. No mouths though. /sarcasm

Seriously though, you have a right to your opinion as much as anyone else. Nobody is going to change your mind, clearly, but don't get all whiny about them trying. We all believe what we do because someone convinced us to... For some of us that's just a more unfortunate truth than for others....
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD&nVidia&ATI
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T 3.8 @ 1.4v Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire 6850 850/4000 + 9800GT PhysX 8GB HyperX 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
120GB Solid 3 Boot - 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.