Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time. - Page 7

post #61 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
This is all based on the assumption that Time is fluid and has movement. Where is the proof that Time "moves" at all ?
this time could be a spacious dimension not a linear one or time could have more than one dimension
Troublechild
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 955 X4 ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 MSI ATI 5670 1GB 4GB DDR3 1333 (2x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar 640 GB 7200 RPM SATA3 DVD+RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Debian 86_64 Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech wireless Arctic 500 Stock Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Troublechild
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 955 X4 ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 MSI ATI 5670 1GB 4GB DDR3 1333 (2x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar 640 GB 7200 RPM SATA3 DVD+RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Debian 86_64 Samsung 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech wireless Arctic 500 Stock Logitech wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post

I am quite curious what these assumptions are, and even more intrigued as to how you would know what they are, since I have not indicated anything about them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axiom
Awesomesauce
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MSI GTX570 865/2100@1.025v 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1.5TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 23" XFX Black Edition 750W 
Case
Raven RV02 
  hide details  
Reply
Awesomesauce
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MSI GTX570 865/2100@1.025v 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1.5TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 23" XFX Black Edition 750W 
Case
Raven RV02 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius01 View Post
Electrical misfire in the brain. Epileptics experience it many times a day due the chaotic electrical signals inherent in their condition.

Instead of sensory input passing to the short-term memory it goes directly to long-term memory, hence why you think you've experienced an event previously.
This isn't always true.

My senior year in Highschool, I started feeling deja vu coming on, and actually finished someone's sentence for them before they could get it all out.
Everyone nearby freaked out. It was crazy. Truly I read the future, if only a few seconds in advance.
New Rig 2/14/08
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Radeon HD3850 512mb 2x1gig G.Skill 6400 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
WD 160gig Acer 22" Ws Sunbeam 550w 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig 2/14/08
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Radeon HD3850 512mb 2x1gig G.Skill 6400 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
WD 160gig Acer 22" Ws Sunbeam 550w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Then why do you believe it? That's not science.
Why would beliefs have to be based on science?
XuperXeon
(17 items)
 
Mako Shark
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5675 @ 4.6Ghz Asus Sabertooth X58 AMD Radeon R9 Fury Corsair XMS DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 2 OCZ Vertex WD VelociRaptor LiteOn DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i GTX Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Hanns-G 27" LED Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850W ZX Series Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi Xtrac Ripper 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 980 BE 4.4Ghz MSI GD70 790FX Sapphire HD 7950 3GB 4GB OCZ Reaper 1333 @ 1500 6-7-6-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 60GB, Vraptor 15... Lite-On DVD-RW SATA Scythe Mugen II Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G 27" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa OCZ 850W Gold ZX Series Thermaltake Shark 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Death Adder Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
XuperXeon
(17 items)
 
Mako Shark
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5675 @ 4.6Ghz Asus Sabertooth X58 AMD Radeon R9 Fury Corsair XMS DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 2 OCZ Vertex WD VelociRaptor LiteOn DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i GTX Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Hanns-G 27" LED Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850W ZX Series Thermaltake Level 10 GT Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi Xtrac Ripper 
Audio
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 980 BE 4.4Ghz MSI GD70 790FX Sapphire HD 7950 3GB 4GB OCZ Reaper 1333 @ 1500 6-7-6-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, OCZ Vertex 60GB, Vraptor 15... Lite-On DVD-RW SATA Scythe Mugen II Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G 27" 1920x1080 Razer Lycosa OCZ 850W Gold ZX Series Thermaltake Shark 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Death Adder Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
This isn't always true.

My senior year in Highschool, I started feeling deja vu coming on, and actually finished someone's sentence for them before they could get it all out.
Everyone nearby freaked out. It was crazy. Truly I read the future, if only a few seconds in advance.
Sample size of one. Think about how many interactions you've had with other people. It's very likely that, over the course of all of those conversations, you would have at least one moment where you "saw into the future" and were able to accurately predict someone else's sentence. Basic probability.
Awesomesauce
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MSI GTX570 865/2100@1.025v 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1.5TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 23" XFX Black Edition 750W 
Case
Raven RV02 
  hide details  
Reply
Awesomesauce
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MSI GTX570 865/2100@1.025v 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1.5TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus 23" XFX Black Edition 750W 
Case
Raven RV02 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 200
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
My senior year in Highschool, I started feeling deja vu coming on, and actually finished someone's sentence for them before they could get it all out.
Everyone nearby freaked out. It was crazy. Truly I read the future, if only a few seconds in advance.
You felt it coming on? As in your gradually saw individual pieces fall into place pertaining to the forthcoming events?

That's interesting, I've never had that happen. In all of my cases, it's been a straight wave. A punch which reveals the next 3-4 seconds before any other person can expect it.
post #67 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdesewell View Post
this time could be a spacious dimension not a linear one or time could have more than one dimension
Finally, back to my initial question. I like your reasoning. I concur that Time could be extra -dimensional rather than linear , as is assumed in Einstein's theories. Einstein struggled with the flaws in his theories for the last half of his life , and he did indeed ponder whether the flaws in his theory were related to a basic misunderstanding of Time.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-4170 @ 4.86 Ghz ASUS M5A97 EVO 2 x PowerColor AX6790 Crossfire 16GB (4 x 4GB) SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D @1890 Mhz 8-9-9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSD External USB AMD stock cooler Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 23" DVI Fullsize, solid. OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W CM Praetorian 730 Black 
Mouse
Has red light on bottom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
1. The "simplier" viewpoint is definitely not obvious. You can state that it is without any proof all day long, and thus far your actions indicate that you intend to do so, but this does not make it fact.

2. This statement sounds very likely to be true and I sincerely apologize for saying that "ALL" of your statements in that post were false.

3. I believe something based upon my personal experiences, and in no way indicated that this was scientific in nature. Opinions are just that- a personal belief. I stated one and made it perfectly clear that I was doing so , with the intent that it could not possibly be construed as a statement of fact. Even though I clearly stated that it was an OPINION, you continue to misrepresent what I said.

3a. Also in this sentence is the assertion that i "yell at others". Completely false. Please refrain from falsely accusing me of rude behavior.

4. False. Assumptions are not required. They make conjecture seem more plausible, but they are certainly not required. An experiment is nothing but an excercise in futility if you assume things about the very nature of the thing you are supposedly investigating.

5. False. The post I was commenting on was attempting to put words into my mouth. Having you do so also does not change what I sadi- it is all there in black and white for you to review. Please refrain from doing this. Thank You.

6. This statement has some validity to it. I disagree with your conclusions however.

7. 30 years or so. I however never stop asking questions to expand my knowledge. If you have a better way of learning than asking questions I am really interested in hearing it.

8. Blunt is rude and indicates anger and lack of tact. Perhaps you are not angry and I misunderstand your intentions. If this is the case I sincerely apologize for thinking that openly hostile posts indicate anger in the person making the post.

On to your "rebuttal":



What exactly are you saying that I blindly accept? If you are referring to my belief that some Deja Vu experiences that I have personally had are real, I am not blindly accepting them as fact. The experiences are real- what exactly they mean I do not know- this is why I ask questions. I understand that these are merely unprovable personal experiences and that believing them is an OPINION.



This anger^ .Your whole demeanor and tone indicates anger. And, you have no idea what I do or do not know. In my humble opinion, asking questions as I have done indicates that I am open to understanding, and that I am trying to gather more data to make better conclusions.



I am quite curious what these assumptions are, and even more intrigued as to how you would know what they are, since I have not indicated anything about them.
1) There is a large body of science on brain activity. There is little peer-reviewed science on metaphysical links to past experience.
3) Beliefs still require some judgement based on some information. I question your belief system since you previously claim that you require proof. Having an opinion is not a blank check in believing anything you want. Opinions can still be investigated and deconstructed.
3a) You make assumptions on my one so I make assumptions on yours. Call it even.
4) Assumptions are required. For any experiment, requirements/assumption/design/methodology/scope must be explicitly defined. Otherwise, incorrect conclusions maybe made and/or the experiement may not be repeatable.
5) You did not say it explicitly.... however, it does not remove that fact that humans make assumptions every moment.
6) What is your conclusion then?
7) There is nothing wrong in asking questions. However, knowing how to ask a question, how to interpret responses, and understanding the framework of analysis is just (or more) important.
8) I believe you are attempting to philosophize science without realize it. Since you are bring in the philosophy of science, we are talking about it in that terms (such as preception is based upon assumption).


This goes back to the arguement of why do you believe? What is the rational reason for your belief?

I believe the biggest road block in communication here is:
Experiments are based on hypotheses.
Hypotheses are based on observations.
Observations are based on preceptions.
Preceptions are based on assumptions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
Finally, back to my initial question. I like your reasoning. I concur that Time could be extra -dimensional rather than linear , as is assumed in Einstein's theories. Einstein struggled with the flaws in his theories for the last half of his life , and he did indeed ponder whether the flaws in his theory were related to a basic misunderstanding of Time.
More like an incomplete understanding... not a fundamental misunderstanding.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOP View Post
because according to einstein, and e=mc^2, it would take an infinite amount of energy to make an object with mass travel at or near the speed of light.

something of an "impregnable barrier" of physics. Although quantum physics is blowing minds left and right with what it can predict and demonstrate in experiment, so who knows...


and to timlander


I want to say that I'm not a totally thrilled at the idea of some alien watching the entire history of our planet unfold from some distant part of the universe.

And I'm certain it isn't unreasonable to believe that the light would become so distorted with interference from the rest of the universe that the 'picture' might be a little to fuzzy on the other end, but it must be pointed out that everything the hubble telescope sees, every picture we have of objects in the universe, it is all from light, that took a long, long time to get here. So yes, when we look up at the night sky, we are looking at the 'past' technically speaking.

crazy eh?
Yea it is crazy and I understand fully what you are saying. I am just saying maybe it does not work quite that way we believe it does. Just saying my belief or theory on that principle is what you see in the universe is what is happening at that moment. On the flip side of my original post, there is another theory about light. Many theories state that the closer to the speed of light that you travel, the more time will dilate. Which means say an object is traveling at 0.8 of the speed of light, time for that object will pass by the same. However, time for everything outside of that object and speed passes by much faster in comparison. This is all based on theories of course. But my assumption from this is: it's possibly that traveling at the speed of light, time has not moved for you, but for the rest of the universe it has. So what this could mean is it takes light time to travel based on our observation of it. However, for that light particle, perhaps no time at all has passed for it. Thus showing us what is happening right now from wherever that particle came from. It's a bit hard to put into words, IDK if i came out clear as to what I was trying to portray here or not.
post #70 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post
Why would beliefs have to be based on science?
Believing anything without evidence is unreasonable. Of course we all do it, because we all have dumb monkey brains, but we should avoid it as much as possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [TR] Physicists Recreate End Of Time.