Originally Posted by PyroBob
I can't try anything...no boot, meaning no post.
Impatience was not the issue. Booted off the MemOK button, and let the light blink for about 25 minutes. No change with boot or blink speed.
Here's your options and this is the order that I would do them in. This is taking into consideration what you have already tried. Try one step then advance to the next if the previous fails. I know this is a pain, but we've all been there at some point.
1. Try Reset CMOS button, could be something in BIOS hanging.
2. Try another stick of RAM. Borrow or buy a cheap DDR3 for $10-15 from a local computer store. If it boots, then we know your RAM is the culprit.
3. Take the CPU out, check for bent pins. Re-seat the CPU, lever is down, make sure you don't over-tighten cooler.
4. Take out the motherboard, place it on a anti-static surface and hook everything up to it outside the case - if it boots up no problem then there is something in the case shorting it out. Make sure all motherboard standoffs are being used, have a screw, and are tight. Insure there is nothing behind the motherboard that could be shorting it out, loose screw for example. Shake case!
5. Call ASUS directly 1-812-282-ASUS(2787). They will most likely tell you to RMA it if you explain the steps you have taken already.
6. RMA Motherboard.