Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Worth upgrading or just sell and go sb or bd
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Worth upgrading or just sell and go sb or bd

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
title says it all
if i were to sell ten it'll just be the mobo and cpu and probally the ram

edit:
cost if were to upgrade depends i'll just have to save
and i game a little gere and there
gta 4
dirt3
nfs titles
f1 2010
ghwt
gh3
Edited by DAI_JAZZER - 7/26/11 at 9:56pm
post #2 of 9
If you are looking for a more powerful pc than what you have,then it is worth upgrading.If you don't play games or do anything cpu intense then it wouldn't make sense.


Well it would be around 300-350 for the cpu motherboard and an additional 200-250 for a better card.

You could probably sell your cpu,board and video card for around 200.

You might just consider getting a good card,your cpu probably won't bottleneck a card with twice the power you have now.You would see a huge improvement in games.Your i-3 at 3.8 is no slouch.
Edited by djsi38t - 7/26/11 at 10:08pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
i'm thinking of selling the i3 save up a bit of money for say a i5 or i7 on the 1156 platform but i had doubts about sinking more money into this rig
post #4 of 9
I wouldn't go with the 1156 platform

Go 1155 and get Intel i5 2500k better overall performer compared to the 1156 platform.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
yes i might do that upgrade to sandy bridge but id give it a few weeks just to see what bullzozer can do
post #6 of 9
To be honest, all you need is a video card upgrade. If I was in your shoes, I'd snag a 6970 for 6950 2gb for $150 to $164 from the Open Box deals and call it a day. Your rig would be capable of playing anything you wanted to. You could even soften the blow by selling your currect card for whatever you can get from it. Anyways, that's what I'd do. Your i3 is plenty powerful.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Asus P8P67 Galaxy GTX580 8GB G Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 80 gb SSD, Raptor 150 Windows 7 Home Premium 24" Samsung LCD Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C 750W Antec P180 Logitech MX-510 blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 9
So playing the waiting game

Don't really you could be waiting till September rather long wait for something that might perform better just remember if you buy the sandy bridge you will have the ivy bridge out in Q1 or Q2 of 2012 which is a 20% increase as far as I read but I am pretty sure you can't throw anything at the sandy bridge for many years to come.

Sounds like a place to start with the graphics card if you were to upgrade that anyway as well.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
ill sell the graphics card but for how much
post #9 of 9
considering the 5570 sells for £50-70 on scan.uk, you could take 70-80% of its original price for resale.

Like the others have said, I would also recommend investing in a better video card, i.e. 6950 2gb
Bawwwww
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 213... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro Crucial MX100 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate Blackwidow Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Roccat Pure Military 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 9HD KRK Rokit 8s 
  hide details  
Reply
Bawwwww
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 213... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro Crucial MX100 Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate Blackwidow Corsair AX850 Corsair 800D Roccat Pure Military 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries 9HD KRK Rokit 8s 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Worth upgrading or just sell and go sb or bd