Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Yet another i7-2600K overclocking help request
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yet another i7-2600K overclocking help request

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I just finished reading through this guide
http://www.overclock.net/intel-gener...uide-p67a.html

My problem is this I can't figure out where all the options in that guide are even after going into Advanced mode in the bios.
I have a Asus P8P67 Deluxe board and everything else about it is great.

I upped the CPU Ratio to 43 saved and restarted and it still showed 3.4GHz but upon entering back into the bios it still has 43 there.

What am I doing wrong?
This EFI Bios is throwing me off.
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 7
This guide might help, it actually uses the same motherboard and CPU as you so it should give you a better idea of how the EFI BIOS works.

Link to guide - http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overc...beginners.html
Skylake
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2400MHz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 250GB Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital 1TB XSPC Raystorm + EX240 Radiator 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H x 2 Logitech G510 Corsair RM650 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R5 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2400MHz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 250GB Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital 1TB XSPC Raystorm + EX240 Radiator 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Dell U2414H x 2 Logitech G510 Corsair RM650 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define R5 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
This guide might help, it actually uses the same motherboard and CPU as you so it should give you a better idea of how the EFI BIOS works.

Link to guide - http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overc...beginners.html
Thanks I think that did the trick!
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
The name ID willl always show 3.4Ghz. that will never change

You need to look were your multiplier is located there it will show your clock speed.

always overclock in BIOS...never inside any OS.

Well start reading line by line every spec every page in the BIOS and start making notes.

Welcome to a never ending life of learning.

It never stops at HS. only when your dead lol




Quote:
Originally Posted by dembo1305 View Post
I just finished reading through this guide
http://www.overclock.net/intel-gener...uide-p67a.html

My problem is this I can't figure out where all the options in that guide are even after going into Advanced mode in the bios.
I have a Asus P8P67 Deluxe board and everything else about it is great.

I upped the CPU Ratio to 43 saved and restarted and it still showed 3.4GHz but upon entering back into the bios it still has 43 there.

What am I doing wrong?
This EFI Bios is throwing me off.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adima View Post
The name ID willl always show 3.4Ghz. that will never change

You need to look were your multiplier is located there it will show your clock speed.

always overclock in BIOS...never inside any OS.

Well start reading line by line every spec every page in the BIOS and start making notes.

Welcome to a never ending life of learning.

It never stops at HS. only when your dead lol


I know that the ID will always show 3.4, but below that it says 3426?

I do overclock in the BIOS, I've gotten along fine with the original i5. It's this new BIOS with new names for everything...

What's wrong with picking a name and sticking with it?
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
Finally an i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Radeon HD 6950 8GB Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 128GB SSD 6GBs LG Windows 7 64-bit Apple 24" Cinema Display 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower 650W NZXT Phantom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
post #7 of 7
All these guides are very good, take the time to check them out:

P67 Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide For Beginners ASUS Mobo

The ULTIMATE Sandy Bridge OC Guide (Gigabyte Mobo - Awesome thread, special thanks to sin)

Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information JJ @ ASUS

P67/Z68 BIOS Guide - BASIC~Intermediate Overclocking Raja @ ASUS

MSI P67 Overclocking Guide Great Read for MSI users.


it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Yet another i7-2600K overclocking help request