Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts - Page 54  

post #531 of 670
Well isn't today supposed to be like a Server Stress test weekend?


W00t gonna crash some servers...
SilverStoned
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k ASrock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Founders GTX1080 Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1 TB black  some crappy lightscribe Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ViewSonic 1080p LED Corsair HX 750 Silverstone RV02 Steelseries Sensei 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
SilverStoned
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k ASrock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Founders GTX1080 Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1 TB black  some crappy lightscribe Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ViewSonic 1080p LED Corsair HX 750 Silverstone RV02 Steelseries Sensei 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
post #532 of 670
I got an invite to play the alpha! This is going to be sweet
Serenity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 B55 @3.7 Biostar A880G+ XFX HD 5770 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1333 (4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
W.D Caviar green 1tb Coolermaster Hyper 101 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OCZ 500W Modstream 
Case
NZXT Gamma 
  hide details  
Serenity
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 B55 @3.7 Biostar A880G+ XFX HD 5770 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1333 (4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
W.D Caviar green 1tb Coolermaster Hyper 101 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OCZ 500W Modstream 
Case
NZXT Gamma 
  hide details  
post #533 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartynRE View Post
I got an invite to play the alpha! This is going to be sweet
It ends on monday

Please don't join the moaning crew on the forums. Play BC2, first. Just warning you that there's a lot of ignorant childish people on the alpha forums making ridiculous claims and whinging about a feature that's been with us since BC2.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #534 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
There's a hell of a lot of moaning and whining on the forums about it. I'm not going to breach the NDA because I have respect for DICE but some players have started posting their grievances on youtube. I honestly hope they get their EA accounts cancelled for breaching the agreement and trying to paint the unfinished alpha game in a bad light.

Never have I seen so many ungrateful and unhelpful alpha testers. What the hell were they doing giving so many D-bags a key?
They are voicing their opinion on a feature that they believe is detrimental and a LOT of people agree with them.

It has nothing to do with trying to cast the game in a bad light or sabotage.

They are simply campaigning for what they believe will make the game BETTER and they wouldn't go out of their way to do so unless they were passionate about the game in the first place.

Yet you're calling them nothing but whiners.

To summarise.

Alpha stage game needs lots of feedback.

Testers give feedback.

You tell them to stop whining.

Right.

I thought you weren't buying Battlefield 3 anyway (from your last "boycott BF3" posts) lol. Or was I correct in calling you a fibber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
It ends on monday

Please don't join the moaning crew on the forums. Play BC2, first. Just warning you that there's a lot of ignorant childish people on the alpha forums making ridiculous claims and whinging about a feature that's been with us since BC2.
BC2 is the youngest Battlefield release to date. Its a year old.

I dont see where your "its been in there since the launch of BC2" comes in as if BC2 is some classic game and the feature they are discussing is a classic Battlefield feature (which it is not).

And they've been asking for reform of the feature since the release of BC2 too. Just goes to show how disconnected you are from the community.

Playing BC2 first will do nothing. I've played BC2 religiously and while I find the feature acceptable for a game like BC2, I dont think it works as well for what Battlefield 3 is trying to do.



For someone who is complaining about "whiners" trying their best to help the game in its development, you seemed very intent on whining about the flechette ammo in the physical warfare pack giving an unfair advantage when the flechette ammo is also available for other shotguns.


At least this "whining" is to help the game develop as a result of actually playing the alpha.

As opposed to your whining about unfair advantages that didn't exist in the first place.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 7/30/11 at 7:16am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
post #535 of 670
Hopefully there's a Hardcore mode like in bc2 that takes away spotting and the hud i only play BC2 on HC it makes the game more challenging and IMO more fun
post #536 of 670
Just pulled some strings, should be getting my invite soon, first gotta get Origin up and running
It's nice knowing people.....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9 Pentium 4 HT's @ 2.8 GHz Foxconn LS-36' s OB 4 GB server, 2 GB nodes 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40 GB WD Fedora 10 24" LG LG wireless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
9 Antec 350's Wood, bars, rails..... you'll see. Microsoft IR UCF Golden Nights 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9 Pentium 4 HT's @ 2.8 GHz Foxconn LS-36' s OB 4 GB server, 2 GB nodes 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40 GB WD Fedora 10 24" LG LG wireless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
9 Antec 350's Wood, bars, rails..... you'll see. Microsoft IR UCF Golden Nights 
  hide details  
post #537 of 670
Thread Starter 
Do people still not understand that this is alpha!! Really? Of course the graphics aren't heaven, nor is the gameplay a 100 percent final. In alpha testing, you the user are suppouse to give "constructive feedback" not bashing It and calling it a fail. Have any of you guys ever did alpha testing? I bet not even 2/3 have! Watch some halo 3 videos of Alpha testing and watch how it first looked like super Mario (alpha) and then a super Mario sunshine (beta) and the Mario galaxy (golden) . Crazy I know lol. But the whole point is that the game needs people to give positive and critical feedback, not negative. Ive done alpha testing in plenty of games, and it's a true honor to be picked, because back in the half life days, you were cherry picked to do testing (alpha and beta) and wasn't any random sack. Think about this, you are looking at the heart of the engine, all of it's weakness are there in front of you, they (dice/ea) trust that you wont abuse this game (and a FYI , calling it crap and talking about the game in forums are against policies). So remember you never know who is watching.... Hell I could be a moderator for EA and you guys wouldn't even know it.... Scary huh

Edit: this is for the peeps that continue to bash the living day lights out of a alpha staged game.
Edited by slyrunner - 7/30/11 at 8:10am
Phoenix
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3820 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme  MSi 970 Gaming MSi 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 (32 Gigs) Crucial M4 SSD (128 GB) WD Black RAID(1TB) WD B... LG Blu-ray WH12LS39  XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 (Push/Pull with Scythe Gent... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 21 Inch ASUS  50 inch LED LCD logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1300w High Current Pro Platuim Xigmatek Elysium Black logitech G9x Razor Sphex 
Audio
Logictech G35's 
  hide details  
Phoenix
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3820 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme  MSi 970 Gaming MSi 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 (32 Gigs) Crucial M4 SSD (128 GB) WD Black RAID(1TB) WD B... LG Blu-ray WH12LS39  XSPC Rasa 750 RX360 (Push/Pull with Scythe Gent... 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 21 Inch ASUS  50 inch LED LCD logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 1300w High Current Pro Platuim Xigmatek Elysium Black logitech G9x Razor Sphex 
Audio
Logictech G35's 
  hide details  
post #538 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
They are voicing their opinion on a feature that they believe is detrimental and a LOT of people agree with them.

It has nothing to do with trying to cast the game in a bad light or sabotage.

They are simply campaigning for what they believe will make the game BETTER and they wouldn't go out of their way to do so unless they were passionate about the game in the first place.

Yet you're calling them nothing but whiners.

To summarise.

Alpha stage game needs lots of feedback.

Testers give feedback.

You tell them to stop whining.

Right.

I thought you weren't buying Battlefield 3 anyway (from your last "boycott BF3" posts) lol. Or was I correct in calling you a fibber



BC2 is the youngest Battlefield release to date. Its a year old.

I dont see where your "its been in there since the launch of BC2" comes in as if BC2 is some classic game and the feature they are discussing is a classic Battlefield feature (which it is not).

And they've been asking for reform of the feature since the release of BC2 too. Just goes to show how disconnected you are from the community.

Playing BC2 first will do nothing. I've played BC2 religiously and while I find the feature acceptable for a game like BC2, I dont think it works as well for what Battlefield 3 is trying to do.



For someone who is complaining about "whiners" trying their best to help the game in its development, you seemed very intent on whining about the flechette ammo in the physical warfare pack giving an unfair advantage when the flechette ammo is also available for other shotguns.


At least this "whining" is to help the game develop as a result of actually playing the alpha.

As opposed to your whining about unfair advantages that didn't exist in the first place.
I REALLLY don't think EA is gonna track you down and melt your copy if you mention the "feature"....

It's 3D spotting and lack of communication command.

I'll have a detailed write up in about 2 hours. I can say I'm not a big fan of spotting.... if a sniper is in a good spot and pops me, that's my problem.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9 Pentium 4 HT's @ 2.8 GHz Foxconn LS-36' s OB 4 GB server, 2 GB nodes 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40 GB WD Fedora 10 24" LG LG wireless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
9 Antec 350's Wood, bars, rails..... you'll see. Microsoft IR UCF Golden Nights 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9 Pentium 4 HT's @ 2.8 GHz Foxconn LS-36' s OB 4 GB server, 2 GB nodes 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40 GB WD Fedora 10 24" LG LG wireless 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
9 Antec 350's Wood, bars, rails..... you'll see. Microsoft IR UCF Golden Nights 
  hide details  
post #539 of 670
pretty much this ^^ THERE IS REASON ITS CALLED ALPHA SO YOU CAN GIVE FEEDBACK TO EA TO IMPROVE THE GAME BEFORE FINAL RELEASE FFS.
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
My System
(1 item)
 
  
CPU
asus laptop 
  hide details  
post #540 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyrunner View Post
Do people still not understand that this is alpha!! Really? Of course the graphics aren't heaven, nor is the gameplay a 100 percent final. In alpha testing, you the user are suppouse to give "constructive feedback" not bashing It and calling it a fail. Have any of you guys ever did alpha testing? I bet not even 2/3 have! Watch some halo 3 videos of Alpha testing and watch how it first looked like super Mario (alpha) and then a super Mario sunshine (beta) and the Mario galaxy (golden) . Crazy I know lol. But the whole point is that the game needs people to give positive and critical feedback, not negative. Ive done alpha testing in plenty of games, and it's a true honor to be picked, because back in the half life days, you were cherry picked to do testing (alpha and beta) and wasn't any random sack. Think about this, you are looking at the heart of the engine, all of it's weakness are there in front of you, they (dice/ea) trust that you wont abuse this game (and a FYI , calling it crap and talking about the game in forums are against policies). So remember you never know who is watching.... Hell I could be a moderator for EA and you guys wouldn't even know it.... Scary huh

Edit: this is for the peeps that continue to bash the living day lights out of a alpha staged game.

You would think they would expect bashing and neglectful testers especially since they recruited completely randomly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts