Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts - Page 60  

post #591 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
You people are complaining about the Alpha..

Well, I can't even get in!
Relax man its not that big of a deal think of it as a bc2 map pack its really showing nothing of the game no options are unlocked, full graphics arent unlocked but the annoying features mentioned in this thread are annoying and a little discouraging so you are probaly better not knowing where the game is at right now as im thoroughly disappointed with this map and showing so far, so keep your pure thoughts that i had a few weeks ago of how it was going to be awesome now im not so sure its going to be as godly as the early trailers make it out to be.
Edited by Ironcobra - 7/31/11 at 5:43pm
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
post #592 of 670
Seriously guys, judging a game and saying that it isen't "looking as good as DICE showed us" from an Alpha is just not fair! This alpha was mainly for testing server stress, not actually to show you "Oh look here, shiny things here!" seriously, wait for the beta, which should be a better representation of the final game...
Quicky
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB 2500k 4.6GHz 1.35V Msi P67A-GD55 B3 Asus R9 290 DCUII Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 128GB 830 ,1TB Spinpoint F3 Samsung Corsair H100i Win7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27'' S-IPS Das Keyboard Seasonic SS-1000XP Platinum Corsair 500R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Steelpad 4HD LovelyCube and V-Dac 
  hide details  
Quicky
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SB 2500k 4.6GHz 1.35V Msi P67A-GD55 B3 Asus R9 290 DCUII Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 128GB 830 ,1TB Spinpoint F3 Samsung Corsair H100i Win7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27'' S-IPS Das Keyboard Seasonic SS-1000XP Platinum Corsair 500R 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Steelpad 4HD LovelyCube and V-Dac 
  hide details  
post #593 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC View Post
Seriously guys, judging a game and saying that it isen't "looking as good as DICE showed us" from an Alpha is just not fair! This alpha was mainly for testing server stress, not actually to show you "Oh look here, shiny things here!" seriously, wait for the beta, which should be a better representation of the final game...
People always say that about alphas and betas and it rarely proves to be true in my experience what are we two months away from gold, how much can they change in that time?
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
post #594 of 670
I freaking love this game so far!
Just got my Alpha invite this past Friday, been playing since! It even took me away from my beloved Minecraft! Has to be good.

Graphics: Freaking intense on my 42" 720P Plasma
Audio: Immersion far superior of BC2, I don't even got a dedicated Audio Card.
Feel: I love how the screen shakes like legitimate people's heads. Jumping over stuff, no instant shoot when coming up from prone, suppression kill assist, and the pretty legit motion blur. This game makes me feel like I'm seriously in a war zone, and has me sprawling in prone more often then not to save my life. I'd give this game two-thumbs up, and it's only Alpha!

Cons..
Stupid Spotting system.. lmao As mentioned by everyone else in this thread.
Squads occasionally don't work, which making progression a pain. (Alpha Bug)

Other then that, I'd say it's freaking legit. No doubt, buying this game.
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
post #595 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythedude View Post
I freaking love this game so far!
Just got my Alpha invite this past Friday, been playing since! It even took me away from my beloved Minecraft! Has to be good.

Graphics: Freaking intense on my 42" 720P Plasma
Audio: Immersion far superior of BC2, I don't even got a dedicated Audio Card.
Feel: I love how the screen shakes like legitimate people's heads. Jumping over stuff, no instant shoot when coming up from prone, suppression kill assist, and the pretty legit motion blur. This game makes me feel like I'm seriously in a war zone, and has me sprawling in prone more often then not to save my life. I'd give this game two-thumbs up, and it's only Alpha!

Cons..
Stupid Spotting system.. lmao As mentioned by everyone else in this thread.
Squads occasionally don't work, which making progression a pain. (Alpha Bug)

Other then that, I'd say it's freaking legit. No doubt, buying this game.
I agree with your pros from a graphical and audio standpoint its awesome, and will probably be much better on the real thing, what worries me is the lack of teamwork nobody is working together i mean how many times has the bomb been planted and everyone is just standing by it worrying about there k/d not defusing i mean i can run halfway across the map to see everyone standing there not defusing to defuse it myself. I'm hoping for the best just not believing the hype anymore since they added a k/d ratio everyone is playing death match which is scary because this game is not setup for death match style play like a modern warfare is.
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
post #596 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
People always say that about alphas and betas and it rarely proves to be true in my experience what are we two months away from gold, how much can they change in that time?
This is most likely an older version of the alpha, used to test servers. Nothing more than that, this isn't to impress anyone.
post #597 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
I agree with your pros from a graphical and audio standpoint its awesome, and will probably be much better on the real thing, what worries me is the lack of teamwork nobody is working together i mean how many times has the bomb been planted and everyone is just standing by it worrying about there k/d not defusing i mean i can run halfway across the map to see everyone standing there not defusing to defuse it myself. I'm hoping for the best just not believing the hype anymore since they added a k/d ratio everyone is playing death match which is scary because this game is not setup for death match style play like a modern warfare is.
I understand what you're saying. There is indeed a lack of team work, but that is not really the games fault. I'd blame it more on the fact that squads choose not to work sometimes and also the fact that this is a Closed Alpha test.
I'd love to get all my friends in a squad and be in vent doing what we do! Rolling face. Though, I'm the only one that got an invite and therefore know nobody on the game! Lone Wolf. I'm most likely not the only one in this type of situation either. Nobody is playing with people they know that are willing to cooperate and nobody is going to waste time typing in game to randoms...
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
post #598 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythedude View Post
I understand what you're saying. There is indeed a lack of team work, but that is not really the games fault. I'd blame it more on the fact that squads choose not to work sometimes and also the fact that this is a Closed Alpha test.
I'd love to get all my friends in a squad and be in vent doing what we do! Rolling face. Though, I'm the only one that got an invite and therefore know nobody on the game! Lone Wolf. I'm most likely not the only one in this type of situation either. Nobody is playing with people they know that are willing to cooperate and nobody is going to waste time typing in game to randoms...
I have a question I only played the ps3 version of bc2 as i didnt have a good pc yet, the squads were only 4 people was this true of the pc version where we could only have four friends communicating, if it is 32 on 32 and you have no way of communicating with the other players(since there is no commander for bf3) how is this going to be fun with multiple friends i have alot more than 4 friends i will be playing with. The lack of communication between rounds to get the blood going was why i traded my bc2 in, not having good comms in multiplayer games is a showstopper for me i love all the shttalking between teams it makes it feel like im not playing bots, in public COD rooms(dont shoot me) people still work together alot because the communication aspect of the game is great not to mention your whole clan can fill one side of the room which is impossible in bc2, if there is no party system in bf3 i will probaly just be buying for the single player campaign and light mplayer duty
Edited by Ironcobra - 7/31/11 at 7:11pm
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
post #599 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
I have a question I only played the ps3 version of bc2 as i didnt have a good pc yet, the squads were only 4 people was this true of the pc version where we could only have four friends communicating, if it is 32 on 32 and you have no way of communicating with the other players(since there is no commander for bf3) how is this going to be fun with multiple friends i have alot more than 4 friends i will be playing with. The lack of communication between rounds to get the blood going was why i traded my bc2 in, not having good comms in multiplayer games is a showstopper for me i love all the shttalking between teams it makes it feel like im not playing bots, in public COD rooms(dont shoot me) people still work together alot because the communication aspect of the game is great not to mention your whole clan can fill one side of the room which is impossible in bc2, if there is no party system in bf3 i will probaly just be buying for the single player campaign and light mplayer duty
Well, in the PC version you could just type to each squad or look at an objective and press Q. What I normally do is sit in vent with all my friends, we'll split into squads and just go from there. Would rarely communicate with other squads, as they are usually being productive like ours. What I believe is happening is as I mentioned. Nobody to play with, and nobody will listen to randoms in chat typing stuff.

Clan servers are a huge thing on BC2. Clans always work together and such, putting up a good fight. As I usually got a good group of friends in ventrillo dealing out our own damage in squads. As it comes back down to closed Alpha. I've not made any friends on BC3 yet, because well.. Nobody wants to type! Who does? I don't blame them lol. I believe that once the game launches and clan servers come up and everyone can play, the teamwork aspect will peak out about where it should be without a commander roll. Everyone will be playing with there better halves. Teamwork.
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
Blasting out 2013
(14 items)
 
Mobile Gamer
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K ASRock Z87 Extreme6 XFX Radeon R9 290 2 x 4 Gig G.Skill Ripjaw 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 1TB So many fans... Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE247H 23.6" Ducky Shine 3 Compact Rosewill Bronze 1000Watt Rosewill Blackhawk Mid 
MouseMouse Pad
Ozone Xenon University Provided 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-720QM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M 4GB DDR3 1066MHz memory 500GB HDD (7200rpm) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with La Windows Seven Premium (64-Bit) 18.4" widescreen 180W (19V x 9.5A) 
MouseMouse Pad
Poop State-College Provided 
  hide details  
post #600 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbythedude View Post
Well, in the PC version you could just type to each squad or look at an objective and press Q. What I normally do is sit in vent with all my friends, we'll split into squads and just go from there. Would rarely communicate with other squads, as they are usually being productive like ours. What I believe is happening is as I mentioned. Nobody to play with, and nobody will listen to randoms in chat typing stuff.

Clan servers are a huge thing on BC2. Clans always work together and such, putting up a good fight. As I usually got a good group of friends in ventrillo dealing out our own damage in squads. As it comes back down to closed Alpha. I've not made any friends on BC3 yet, because well.. Nobody wants to type! Who does? I don't blame them lol. I believe that once the game launches and clan servers come up and everyone can play, the teamwork aspect will peak out about where it should be without a commander roll. Everyone will be playing with there better halves. Teamwork.
I'm hoping to find a good BF3 community as well. After all, isn't the point of multiplayer games to socialize in some aspect?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k P8P67 Pro 2x GTX 460 SLI 8 GB Ripx 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40GB SSD OCZ2/1 TB Windows 7 64bit 1080p LED G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850 Watts Crap :( G5 X Trac 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k P8P67 Pro 2x GTX 460 SLI 8 GB Ripx 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
40GB SSD OCZ2/1 TB Windows 7 64bit 1080p LED G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
850 Watts Crap :( G5 X Trac 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts