Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts - Page 62  

post #611 of 670
^ I said I wasn't going to preorder, not that I wouldn't buy it, and I've already gone back on that Your arguement is invalid.

Ignore me, PLEASE, because I'm sick of your BS.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #612 of 670
Delete, double post.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #613 of 670
They need to just make spotting line of site only, and also you should not be able to even see other peoples spotting's unless you have a clear view of the enemy. (I know thats los but I didnt want anyone to be confused). Sadly we have no say in the matter and 3D spotting will probably still be there on release. Lets just hope servers can turn it off and on. I miss playing core gamemode.
The Frizz Meister
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.74Ghz Asus Crosshair IV AM3 CrossfireX Gigabyte ATI 5870 2GB Eyefinity 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Asus 24x Sata DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VE248H 24" LED 2MS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Black/Black Corsair 750HX Modular Corsair 800D Full Tower Razer Deathadder 3G 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck+ Heavy 
  hide details  
The Frizz Meister
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3.74Ghz Asus Crosshair IV AM3 CrossfireX Gigabyte ATI 5870 2GB Eyefinity 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Asus 24x Sata DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VE248H 24" LED 2MS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Black/Black Corsair 750HX Modular Corsair 800D Full Tower Razer Deathadder 3G 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck+ Heavy 
  hide details  
post #614 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFrizzy View Post
They need to just make spotting line of site only, and also you should not be able to even see other peoples spotting's unless you have a clear view of the enemy. (I know thats los but I didnt want anyone to be confused). Sadly we have no say in the matter and 3D spotting will probably still be there on release. Lets just hope servers can turn it off and on. I miss playing core gamemode.
I'm definitely in agreement there. You shouldn't be able to spot someone you can't see. But I disagree about not seeing other peoples spots. What's the point if it then? It would have no meaning at all.

It needs to be like BC2, and most likely will be. When you spot someone they show for the entire team. The spot marker goes away fairly quickly given on distance, visibility and whether or not they're under fire. If you spot someone miles away and they are very quickly out of your LOS then the marker goes within seconds, but if you can see them it stays. If you're firing on them and can see them it stays indefinitely. If you're firing on them and they go behind cover and you can no longer see them the market quickly disappears then, also.

It's not a flawed system and it works really well. It isn't a wallhack or a cheat, like the people in the alpha forums are implying. Those are simply butthurt BF2 fans who wish it was still 2005.

It doesn't negatively affect gameplay (in BC2) and simple forces you to change tactics. I know if I come under fire I need to find cover and stay there for a while until the marker goes, just in case they did spot me for their team. Having to stay in cover isn't exactly a bad thing, it encourages you to stay in cover all the time, choose your shots and only pop your head up when necessary. Otherwise, you get owned.

What I don't get is this sense of entitlement of the "core BF2 fans" who seem to think they have an overruling say on the matter. DICE and EA are looking to branch out and take the series away from a small PC community to a global, multi-platform crowd. They experimented on this with Bad Company on the consoles and realised they could formulate a Battlefield game around a console generation, utilising the hardware for this generation and build an outstanding game that delivers a different experience from the status quo. Then they released Bad Company 2, multi-platform and experimented on how to bring that experience over to the PC community and expand there taking into account the technical prowess of that platform. That went really well for them and thus encouraged the development of Battlefield 3 to follow much the same lines. They knew they could create a game that would work for consoles, as well as being PC-centric and putting in great effort for the PC community. The community that helped them gain a name for themselves.

What gets me is that DICE have been busy on other titles since Battlefield 2. I would imagine they didn't want to be a one trick pony. They've put a lot of hard work into Battlefield 3, merging aspects of other, successful titles, into BF3 as well as trying to stay to the core of the Battlefield experience. Battlefield 3 is literally the natural progression of the series. The Alpha I played worked really well, bugs and issues aside, it'll be a great title this October.

I just hope all the fitting and childish tantrums on the Alpha forums haven't pissed anyone off who's worked really hard on this game putting in extremely long hours and sacrificing aspects of their life for the success of this title.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #615 of 670
My only gripe tbh is the lack of options in the options menu... I'd like to able to tweak my graphics, sound etc... I really hope that past alpha when the actual game client becomes available that these features wont be missing :/
Main
(17 items)
 
  
Main
(17 items)
 
  
post #616 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
My only gripe tbh is the lack of options in the options menu... I'd like to able to tweak my graphics, sound etc... I really hope that past alpha when the actual game client becomes available that these features wont be missing :/
Oh they will be for sure. In the alpha, they minimize variables to test core aspects of the game, so they get rid of lots of graphical options.
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
Workstation
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 920 c0 @ 3.50 Asus Sabertooth X58 Nvidia gtx 570 Nvidia gtx 210 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
12 GB (Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz + G.Skill Ripj... OCZ Vertex II 60GB + x2 WD 1TB + WD 500 GB Lite-On DVD Burner LG Blu Ray Burner 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 Professional x64, Arch Linux x64 Samsung 22 inch 1920x1080 60Hz Asus 23 inch 1920x1080 IPS Acer 19 inch 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech g11 Corsair 750 Watt NZXT Tempest Razer deathadder 3500 dpi 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
OCZ Audigy SE Sony MDR-V6 
  hide details  
post #617 of 670
I also don't remember a single point wherein DICE said BF3 was going to be totally different from BC2.

Nor have I, in my 200+ hours of playing BC2, encountered a point where I spot lots of enemies with a single attempt. Nor have I encountered someone camping in a bush shooting people like the crappy video that was posted.

Yet apparently it's there. But in 200 hours I haven't experienced it.

It's also funny how I didn't know about any of this until the Alpha. Yet, apparently, it's there in BC2. But again, 200 hours in and I haven't seen any of that. Nor have I seen any videos or any pissing and moaning about it in BC2. I played the Beta, nope, no moaning there either.

Amazing.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #618 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
I'm definitely in agreement there. You shouldn't be able to spot someone you can't see. But I disagree about not seeing other peoples spots. What's the point if it then? It would have no meaning at all.

It needs to be like BC2, and most likely will be. When you spot someone they show for the entire team. The spot marker goes away fairly quickly given on distance, visibility and whether or not they're under fire. If you spot someone miles away and they are very quickly out of your LOS then the marker goes within seconds, but if you can see them it stays. If you're firing on them and can see them it stays indefinitely. If you're firing on them and they go behind cover and you can no longer see them the market quickly disappears then, also.

It's not a flawed system and it works really well. It isn't a wallhack or a cheat, like the people in the alpha forums are implying. Those are simply butthurt BF2 fans who wish it was still 2005.

It doesn't negatively affect gameplay (in BC2) and simple forces you to change tactics. I know if I come under fire I need to find cover and stay there for a while until the marker goes, just in case they did spot me for their team. Having to stay in cover isn't exactly a bad thing, it encourages you to stay in cover all the time, choose your shots and only pop your head up when necessary. Otherwise, you get owned.

What I don't get is this sense of entitlement of the "core BF2 fans" who seem to think they have an overruling say on the matter. DICE and EA are looking to branch out and take the series away from a small PC community to a global, multi-platform crowd. They experimented on this with Bad Company on the consoles and realised they could formulate a Battlefield game around a console generation, utilising the hardware for this generation and build an outstanding game that delivers a different experience from the status quo. Then they released Bad Company 2, multi-platform and experimented on how to bring that experience over to the PC community and expand there taking into account the technical prowess of that platform. That went really well for them and thus encouraged the development of Battlefield 3 to follow much the same lines. They knew they could create a game that would work for consoles, as well as being PC-centric and putting in great effort for the PC community. The community that helped them gain a name for themselves.

What gets me is that DICE have been busy on other titles since Battlefield 2. I would imagine they didn't want to be a one trick pony. They've put a lot of hard work into Battlefield 3, merging aspects of other, successful titles, into BF3 as well as trying to stay to the core of the Battlefield experience. Battlefield 3 is literally the natural progression of the series. The Alpha I played worked really well, bugs and issues aside, it'll be a great title this October.

I just hope all the fitting and childish tantrums on the Alpha forums haven't pissed anyone off who's worked really hard on this game putting in extremely long hours and sacrificing aspects of their life for the success of this title.
Its a noob feature for noobs, and not something that belongs in something striving for battlefield simulation and not to mention discourages teamwork, and that explains why you like it. Why dont we just have everyone showing on the map will that make it easier for you?
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
Ryzen
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN 1800x CROSSHAIR VI HERO Asus strix 1080 ti  Gskill TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M100  crucial mx300 wd black  Cooling by Noctua 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
corsair h115i Windows 10 LG OLED65C6P Varmilo 87 Bluetooth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W MODULAR Corsair Carbide 540 logitech g900 logitech G440 
Audio
Marantz sr7010 and Elemental Designs home theater 
  hide details  
post #619 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
Its a noob feature for noobs, and not something that belongs in something striving for battlefield simulation, and that explains why you like it. Why dont we just have everyone showing on the map will that make it easier for you?
No, it's the standard feature for pubbies.

And lovely over simplification. It requires you to be actually seen by an enemy and they have to actively spot you for the rest of their team.

If you want a Battlefield simiulation go and play Arma II. You won't last two minutes.

Thanks for the insults, though. That's a great way of letting everyone else on the forum know what kind of person you are and how you handle a different opinion.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500 @ 4,004GHz (1.202v) Asus P8P67-PRO B3 Leadtek GTX260 65nm 896MB 700|1430|1100 4GB DDR3 Muskin 1686MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2xWD CB 250GB, 2x SG 320GB, 1xSS F1 1TB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64bit Samsung 2032BW 20" 1680x1050 16:10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa CoolerMaster GX 550W Coolermaster Storm Sniper Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
post #620 of 670
Do you like 3D spotting? Play normal.
Do you dislike 3D spotting? Play hardcore.

There's something for everyone.
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) ASUS P8P67-M PRO Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Ripjaws-X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SpinPoint 500GB @ 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" UltraSharp U2412M IPS Steelseries 7G 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 850W Xion (white) Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 650 w/ Fiio E7+E9 
  hide details  
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) ASUS P8P67-M PRO Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Ripjaws-X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SpinPoint 500GB @ 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" UltraSharp U2412M IPS Steelseries 7G 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 850W Xion (white) Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 650 w/ Fiio E7+E9 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [4News.it] Battlefield 3, Alpha Trial opened now for Selected ORIGIN accounts