Overclock.net banner

Orange Splice (CM 690 II adv)

14K views 99 replies 23 participants last post by  IXcrispyXI 
#1 ·

By Lutro0

Ok i have started some painting for my case mod so far my case is at the powder coaters (all the steel and mesh)(looking to get it back in around 2-3weeks i dont mind for the price i getting it done for though) but i am painting all the plastics myself hope this turns out well!
I thought it would be best to test out painting somthing i wouldnt need first which was my lycosa bezel which i have put on (arctosa) and kept since i love how well it looks

next image is of the face of my 690 which i started and ran out of paint so have to pick up some more next week

See less See more
#4 ·
most of its going to be white, the mesh pci-e slot covers on the case orange HDD bays orange and the DVD drive locks will be orange
also the outer thumb screw
the inside thumb screws (ones to hold the pci-e slot covers) will be white
also the fans are going to be white and orange i dont know weather to do the fans it self orange with the square bracket white or the other way around
Edit: not getting orange paint until i get my case back from the powder coaters so then i can match it.

#5 ·
ok i hope to have some more updates soon to keep this mod rolling still dont have the chassis of the case yet so wont be starting any of the orange till then.
Here is a pick after some primer on the last piece i started

as you can see its roughed up the surface nicely to start giving it some color soon

#19 ·
@IXcrispyXI - hey man, absolutely love the progress so far, all the painting is looking awesome! I actually own the CM 690 II and had a few questions for you, if you didn't mind!

1st - Is there an easy way to remove the top dust filter without bending the metal mesh that slots into the plastic guard?

2nd - How do you remove and reattach the metal lining up top?

3rd - Lastly, did you end up painting the blue LED fan that came with your case mounted in the front? If so, how did you separate the blades? Do you just have to put them from behind to pop em off?

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Kukag

#20 ·
hey kukag thanks for the comment
biggrin.gif
its hard to get the filters out i had to remove the whole mesh so i didnt ruin it.
also with the lining its plastic but there are tabs on the bottom that hold it in place i used a knife with blades that can be removed and put back in when needed.

also with the led fan question i only painted the fan not the shroud around it, and to remove it the back sticker you have to peel it and there is a small black cover you need to take that off and under that you will find a small yellowy white clip remove that with a precision screw driver and the fan comes straight off
biggrin.gif
, also if you do paint your fan you have to tape all the area where the magnet sits and the shaft, hopefully this helps you out abit

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI;14574710
ok so thought i wouldnt have enough paint for this small update but just had enough
tongue.gif

some pics with the top of my hyper212 painted how u enjoy (sorry for the mess of a pc
tongue.gif
)
kbyssi.jpg

2dh8r5d.jpg

vmxhe1.jpg
Looks really nice, would look really sweet if you rather than just paint the fan blades, but actually paint the outside of the fan shrouds! Also maybe, do a very careful layer on the sides of the heatsink fins? Either way, it looks awesome!

Look forward to more updates!
Kukag

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukag;14576340
Looks really nice, would look really sweet if you rather than just paint the fan blades, but actually paint the outside of the fan shrouds! Also maybe, do a very careful layer on the sides of the heatsink fins? Either way, it looks awesome!

Look forward to more updates!
Kukag
haha yea i will be doing the fan shroud soon just need my case back so i can match the colors
tongue.gif
and thanks for the post
biggrin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.