Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Page 29

post #281 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
Great job evaluating opposing arguments as objectively as possible. (Though I suppose maybe that is your maximum level of objectivity... Which would be sad.)

This is precisely why anyone should read any source of "information" with objectivity/skepticism. Because the "scientists" that publish it have all the same human biases that I and the quoted poster have, and much like him, they may not be able to restrain them.
He brought religion fairy tales into it; at that point my eyes glazed over
I am as objective and skeptic as the next person - I have no idea whether GW is man-made or natural. I do however, realise that the continued misues of natural resources is ultimately not going to help anyone.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #282 of 327
Can a mod please for the love of god Lock this and let this thread die. It is nothing but psuedo-science paid for by a conservative think tank published in a "news journal" with a similar name to an actual news journal. It is not news. mad.gif
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #283 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcitris View Post
Can a mod please for the love of god Lock this and let this thread die. It is nothing but psuedo-science paid for by a conservative think tank published in a "news journal" with a similar name to an actual news journal. It is not news.
umadbro?

Of course its news, just because it isn't praising Al Gore and trying to promote "Omg!!! The IcE is M3ltIngZ!" means we need the popo to come lock this?
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
post #284 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper;14520735 
umadbro?

Of course its news, just because it isn't praising Al Gore and trying to promote "Omg!!! The IcE is M3ltIngZ!" means we need the popo to come lock this? ninja.gif

But it really isn't. If I paid someone to publish an article that said: "I had unprotected sex with a woman and didn't get her pregnant, therefore the theory that babies are made from sex has been blown out of the water." Would you also consider that valid news?
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #285 of 327
didn't yahoo just post an article saying that the data found wasn't read right not trolling honestly pretty sure I just saw something one there a few weeks ago.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
960T  MSI 870a-G46 Diamond 4890 320GB Caviar Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclispse II Thermaltake 750w Modular 4 Rail PSU Antec 300 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G5 Old school 90's dell pad Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
960T  MSI 870a-G46 Diamond 4890 320GB Caviar Blue 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Saitek Eclispse II Thermaltake 750w Modular 4 Rail PSU Antec 300 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G5 Old school 90's dell pad Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #286 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcitris View Post
But it really isn't. If I paid someone to publish an article that said: "I had unprotected sex with a woman and didn't get her pregnant, therefore the theory that babies are made from sex has been blown out of the water." Would you also consider that valid news?
Of course not, but you missed one important thing; that is not the case with this article.
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
post #287 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper;14521281 
Of course not, but you missed one important thing; that is not the case with this article.

It is the same thing. The article wasn't published to a peer reviewed science journal, just one with a similar name as a peer reviewed science journal. It was funded by a known conservative group with a known agenda of trying to disprove scientific fact. The science used was the fact that as the earth gets hotter more heat is released into space, but doesn't mention whether the additional heat released is actually enough to account for global climate change. The data is bad. The science is bad. And far to much of the discussion is about beliefs. You can say you don't believe in something, but when over 99% of the experts in the field agree on a scientific idea, it is no longer something you can just stick your head in the sand and say, "No I dont believe it, it was cold out the other day"
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #288 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcitris View Post
It is the same thing. The article wasn't published to a peer reviewed science journal, just one with a similar name as a peer reviewed science journal. It was funded by a known conservative group with a known agenda of trying to disprove scientific fact. The science used was the fact that as the earth gets hotter more heat is released into space, but doesn't mention whether the additional heat released is actually enough to account for global climate change. The data is bad. The science is bad. And far to much of the discussion is about beliefs. You can say you don't believe in something, but when over 99% of the experts in the field agree on a scientific idea, it is no longer something you can just stick your head in the sand and say, "No I dont believe it, it was cold out the other day"
Interesting to see there are still hardcore believers in the Global Warming hoax. The scientist that peddle this garbage would also make great used car salesmen.
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper;14521472 
Interesting to see there are still hardcore believers in the Global Warming hoax. The scientist that peddle this garbage would also make great used car salesmen.

Again, it is not about "Believers." I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, I don't "believe" in anything but the scientific process, facts, and logic. If there is any credible reviewed science that actually disproves global warming, I would accept it. People who deny global warming in the face of current scientific fact are the same people who believed the earth was flat for centuries after it was threorized. If you have any actually scientific support for your position, I would understand, but you have "AL GORE! ICE MELTING! Used car salesman, scientist that peddle garbage." None of which support your argument.
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 D0 w/ HT On [4.01ghz @ 1.208v] Asus P6X58D Premium Asus HD5870 G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 @ 1528MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB FW1.5 2xSamsung Spinpoint F3 LG 8x Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 64-bit Dell U2410 Rev. A04 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W V2.2 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #290 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcitris View Post
Again, it is not about "Believers." I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, I don't "believe" in anything but the scientific process, facts, and logic. If there is any credible reviewed science that actually disproves global warming, I would accept it. People who deny global warming in the face of current scientific fact are the same people who believed the earth was flat for centuries after it was threorized. If you have any actually scientific support for your position, I would understand, but you have "AL GORE! ICE MELTING! Used car salesman, scientist that peddle garbage." None of which support your argument.
There is nothing to prove Global Warming is real in the first place. In fact I don't see why I have to disprove some made up story to begin with. It's like a kid coming up and telling you the boogeyman is real and if he isn't real it is up to you or a scientist to prove the boogeyman ISN'T real.... like really???... This whole Global Warming hoax is nothing but a joke and will be treated as such. So I find my comments "AL GORE! ICE MELTING! Used car salesman, scientist that peddle garbage." both appropriate and amusing given this joke.
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
Epic Build! 0.0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
{Intel i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz w/ HT} {Asus Rampage III Extreme} {Zotac AMP! + EVGA GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/1900} {G.SKILL Ripjaws 6GB DDR3 1605Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-1N} 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
{OCZ Agility 2 120GB, WD Black 1TB, F4 2TB RAID1} {Asus DVD+/- RW} {Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit} {Asus VH242H 23.6" 1080p} 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
{Logitech G15} {Corsair HX 1000W} {CoolerMaster HAF-X} {Logitech G700} 
Mouse Pad
{Razer Goliathus - Speed} 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism