Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Page 32

post #311 of 327
Long story short, the planet has always changed and will continue to do so with or without us humans thinking were somehow causing it.
post #312 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
Long story short, the planet has always changed and will continue to do so with or without us humans thinking were somehow causing it.
Well Nuclear testing surely can't be helping things but the Sun releases an infinite amount of atmospheric radiation that the Ozone protects us from. I remember when people were worried about this bit gaping hole in the Ozone layer. But if there wasn't a hole then heat would build up and I would never have been alive because man would have become extinct long before A.D. Think of the that hole in the ozone like a pressure relief valve in a pressure cooker. The tighter the hole the less heat escapes the quicker the food cooks.

The hole in the Ozone like the rest of the planet is a living process. Cows have a better chance of blowing it out of proportion to the weather than we do driving our million plus cars on the road at one time. Methane is a naturally occurring pollutant in case people weren't aware.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #313 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcitris View Post
Again, it is not about "Believers." I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, I don't "believe" in anything but the scientific process, facts, and logic.
No way man. Aerospace engineers like you made up the entire concept of "aerodynamic lift" so that you guys could make money. My paper airplane could not sustain flight for more than a few seconds so I know that powered sustained flight is a BS hoax that you guys pull on the rest of us to push your agenda. I mean how could something fly? When it's heavier than air? It just doesn't make sense, anyone can see this. I'm not dumb enough to fall for your stupid gimmicks just because you have science and data and expertise on your side.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @ 4.6 Extreme4 p67 1070 Gaming X 4x4 ripjaws X 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO, 6TB Hitach/WD Xigmatek Aegir Win7 Shimian 27" 1440p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP650 HAF 922 G400s (RIP 518) Puretrak Stealth 
Audio
Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @ 4.6 Extreme4 p67 1070 Gaming X 4x4 ripjaws X 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO, 6TB Hitach/WD Xigmatek Aegir Win7 Shimian 27" 1440p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP650 HAF 922 G400s (RIP 518) Puretrak Stealth 
Audio
Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #314 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
No way man. Aerospace engineers like you made up the entire concept of "aerodynamic lift" so that you guys could make money. My paper airplane could not sustain flight for more than a few seconds so I know that powered sustained flight is a BS hoax that you guys pull on the rest of us to push your agenda. I mean how could something fly? When it's heavier than air? It just doesn't make sense, anyone can see this. I'm not dumb enough to fall for your stupid gimmicks just because you have science and data and expertise on your side.
I think I love you.


---
- Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
post #315 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
No way man. Aerospace engineers like you made up the entire concept of "aerodynamic lift" so that you guys could make money. My paper airplane could not sustain flight for more than a few seconds so I know that powered sustained flight is a BS hoax that you guys pull on the rest of us to push your agenda. I mean how could something fly? When it's heavier than air? It just doesn't make sense, anyone can see this. I'm not dumb enough to fall for your stupid gimmicks just because you have science and data and expertise on your side.
Too bad there's no concrete scientific evidence to support your religion of man-made climate change. Just BS theories and doctored data....
post #316 of 327
You are unaware of what the meaning of scientific evidence is, because there is mountains of it, from multiple independent sources.

I mean - do you doubt that the Earth is 4 billion years old? The sort of evidence we have for that is the same sort of evidence we have for global warming. We collect all sorts of facts. What are the ratios of radioactive isotopes found at different layers of the earth? How are the geological layers lined up? What does the path of nearby asteroids suggest about how we've influenced the solar system gravitationally and for how long? There's no single piece of AHA! simple evidence that the Earth is 4 billion years old, and yet we can say it is with confidence because we've got thousands of smaller pieces of evidence that all paint a picture and agree with each other.

It isn't a Mr. Wizard experiment where you pour two chemicals together and they change color. Rather, it's the conglomeration of lots of different pieces of evidence from seperate lines of evidence put into a working model. If you doubt the evidence for global warming, you basically scoff at anything that isn't the evidential equivelant in simplicity of 1+1=2. Just because it's harder to grasp and requires more analysis doesn't make it any less evidence.
Edited by SenorBeef - 8/9/11 at 11:09pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @ 4.6 Extreme4 p67 1070 Gaming X 4x4 ripjaws X 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO, 6TB Hitach/WD Xigmatek Aegir Win7 Shimian 27" 1440p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP650 HAF 922 G400s (RIP 518) Puretrak Stealth 
Audio
Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @ 4.6 Extreme4 p67 1070 Gaming X 4x4 ripjaws X 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
850 EVO, 6TB Hitach/WD Xigmatek Aegir Win7 Shimian 27" 1440p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP650 HAF 922 G400s (RIP 518) Puretrak Stealth 
Audio
Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #317 of 327
So i read through the first 20 pages and I tried to do so as objective as possible. This is basically what I got:
  • The guys who did this test have a lawyer who works as their 'scientist'. Everything about them from their past studies to their current funding is suspect.
  • SenorBeef just annihilates this entire thread when it comes to logical discourse.
  • I was looking forward to some good scientific data or facts against Global Warming but all i got were half-baked ideas and the same ol' ignorant way of debating on the internet where one side that seems to not know enough to debate logically decides to keep throwing out assumptions and bombarding with moronic questions, like, "If Global warming exists then why was it cold on Thursday!"
  • People who don't believe in Global warming are quick to dismiss hundreds of articles that back it but instantly claim victory the second a singular paper that refutes it.

I love to hear both sides argue and get info from both sides but those refuting global warming really dropped the ball in this thread and seem to have nothing substantial to say.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #318 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
Long story short, the planet has always changed and will continue to do so with or without us humans thinking were somehow causing it.
I really dislike how this gross oversimplification of such a vastly complex issue gets mirrored and parroted around what I thought was a more enlightened forum. Its a straw man of the real issue.

THE cause? No.
A contributing factor? Yes.
How much of a contributing factor? That's the $1 million question.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #319 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
This. The idea that all major cities would be flooded in a few years may have been extreme, but you really need to be extreme if you want the general public to notice. A feeling of urgency can really make people conscious about what they're letting into the atmosphere. Saying that it might cause some problems 100 years from now doesn't motivate very many people.
Something else that motivates people... economically viable alternative energy sources. Though first you have to find one that's "economically viable", a solar panel that costs a months pay (or more) that is only 32% efficient is NOT economically viable.

You don't always have to tell someone there's a gun to their child's head to get them to make changes. People are buy higher MPG cars not cause they give 2 hoots about the environment but because they want to save on gas money. Car manufactures are also building more economical cars because of the rise in demand for them... funny how economics works.
post #320 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepy3 View Post
Something else that motivates people... economically viable alternative energy sources. Though first you have to find one that's "economically viable", a solar panel that costs a months pay (or more) that is only 32% efficient is NOT economically viable.

You don't always have to tell someone there's a gun to their child's head to get them to make changes. People are buy higher MPG cars not cause they give 2 hoots about the environment but because they want to save on gas money. Car manufactures are also building more economical cars because of the rise in demand for them... funny how economics works.
Solar panels actually pay themselves off after about 10 yrs and last for 20-30. The problem with them is the up-front costs.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism