Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Page 9

post #81 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo k6;14384634 
Could you provide a link to prove this please?proof.gif

most 2012 theories or whatever is based off some things in Mayan history.
2012 is the year the Mayan 13th b'ak'tun ends (b'ak'tun is about a 394.52 year cycle, or 144,000 days) nothing in Mayan history/prophecy suggests a catastrophe or disaster of any kind. the closest thing is the Popol Vuh (thing about the Mayan creators or something) which has something about 3 failed worlds made by there gods and the 4th was the successful one and that third one had ended in the 13th b'ak'tun. And most modern day Mayans hold know significance to the end of the 13 b'ak'tun (maybe a celebration but not end of the world)

It didn't have anything to do with the Mayan calendar. It had to do with solar cycles. I don't have a link to the article, but I saw a video of Michio Kaku talking about it on youtube, and thats good enough for me lol.

edit: heres the video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ[/ame]
Edited by Vegetables - 7/28/11 at 4:32pm
post #82 of 327
Everyone needs to get on their radios and start sending signals out to that invisible quasar I was talking about. If we can all get together, send messages out, maybe we'll get lucky and the quasar will listen. I mean, it might take too much time for the message to get their, but it's worth a shot right?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL ASUS XFX  SAMSUNG 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD/ST LG KUHLER WINDOWS 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG/SAMSUNG IBM MODEL M CORSAIR THERMALTAKE 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MS INTELLIMOUSE EXPLORER 3.0 REGULAR LARGE PAD ONBOARD but it USED TO BE A XONAR DG  
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK;14384699 
Everyone needs to get on their radios and start sending signals out to that invisible quasar I was talking about. If we can all get together, send messages out, maybe we'll get lucky and the quasar will listen. I mean, it might take too much time for the message to get their, but it's worth a shot right?

Wonder if that quasar has a good sense of humor...
Perpetual Upgrade
(17 items)
 
Server
(17 items)
 
Galago UltraPro
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K MSI Z97M Gaming Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
128GB Crucial M4 (2x) 500GB RAID 0 Swiftech Apogee Black Ice GT Stealth 240 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair K70 Vengence Seasonic X650 Aerocool DS Cube 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 MSI 870A-G54 nVidia 8400GS (2x2GB) Patriot DDR3-1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
(2x4GB) Patriot DDR3-1600 (3x) 320GB RAID 5 (1x) 1TB Backup Storage Coolermaster TX3 
OSPowerOther
Proxmox Hypervisor Antec TruePower 430W HP Smart Array P400 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4750HQ Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200  (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 90GB Intel mSATA SSD 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
500GB 5400RPM HDD Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 Windows 10 14" 1080p ColorPro IPS 
Case
Galago UltraPro 
  hide details  
Reply
Perpetual Upgrade
(17 items)
 
Server
(17 items)
 
Galago UltraPro
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K MSI Z97M Gaming Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
128GB Crucial M4 (2x) 500GB RAID 0 Swiftech Apogee Black Ice GT Stealth 240 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Corsair K70 Vengence Seasonic X650 Aerocool DS Cube 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 MSI 870A-G54 nVidia 8400GS (2x2GB) Patriot DDR3-1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
(2x4GB) Patriot DDR3-1600 (3x) 320GB RAID 5 (1x) 1TB Backup Storage Coolermaster TX3 
OSPowerOther
Proxmox Hypervisor Antec TruePower 430W HP Smart Array P400 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4750HQ Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200  (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 90GB Intel mSATA SSD 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
500GB 5400RPM HDD Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 Windows 10 14" 1080p ColorPro IPS 
Case
Galago UltraPro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 327
...global warming is the biggest scam ever...
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K delidded @4.9ghz Asus Z97 Deluxe Wifi EVGA GTX 980 SC 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 250gb + 1tb Lg Bluray EK Supreme, TC PA120.3, D5 Vario, San Ace Windows 7 Ultimate  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" LG7000 1920x1080 Logitech S510 XFX 650Watt XXX Modular Edition Custom Modded 
MouseAudio
Logitech S510 Mission M74 Denon PMA 355 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K delidded @4.9ghz Asus Z97 Deluxe Wifi EVGA GTX 980 SC 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 250gb + 1tb Lg Bluray EK Supreme, TC PA120.3, D5 Vario, San Ace Windows 7 Ultimate  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" LG7000 1920x1080 Logitech S510 XFX 650Watt XXX Modular Edition Custom Modded 
MouseAudio
Logitech S510 Mission M74 Denon PMA 355 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 327
Forget global warming.

The oil supply is finite. We're gonna run out. Period! How much carbon do you wanna breathe?

Anyone ever been to Paris? You can barely breathe there, the air is so polluted.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane;14384936 
Forget global warming.

The oil supply is finite. We're gonna run out. Period! How much carbon do you wanna breathe?

Not if that Joule thing with the bacteria that eat carbon and crap 87 octane works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane;14384936 
Anyone ever been to Paris? You can barely breathe there, the air is so polluted.

Thats because there are so many French people there.
post #87 of 327
I might put a little more stock into this article, if they didn't use the word "alarmist" 16 times.
Monolith
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3560K Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 GTX 670 GTX 260 Core 216 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16 GB G. Skill Ram m4 SSD Hatachi HDDs 250GB W HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital HD LG BluRay Burner Windows 7 x64 Qnix 27" QX2700 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HXW 750W NZXT Switch 810 Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3560K Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 GTX 670 GTX 260 Core 216 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16 GB G. Skill Ram m4 SSD Hatachi HDDs 250GB W HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital HD LG BluRay Burner Windows 7 x64 Qnix 27" QX2700 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HXW 750W NZXT Switch 810 Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 327
This isn't journalism; it's an editorial, in Forbes magazine, by a guy who works for a "libertarian" think tank, which gets a significant portion of its funding from companies which have a lot to gain from anti-global-warming FUD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heartland_Institute#Funding

I put libertarian in quotes above because this "Institute" isn't really libertarian; it's a propaganda organ for certain industries. The Institute also argues that smoking isn't bad for you...and receives significant $$$ from Philip Morris. Libertarianism doesn't mean that you ignore overwhelming scientific evidence. Libertarians want freedom; these companies want to avoid regulation or other restrictions on their profit-making practices.

Some people are definitely overstating the threat caused by human-made global warming, and there are probably some good arguments to be made against some of the more alarmist predictions, but this bought-and-paid-for propaganda piece isn't one of them.

BTW is it possible that on a website essentially by, for, and about nerds (this one), there are people who don't know how easy it is to make strong, credible inferences about past weather conditions, going back millions of years, based on (for example) soil and ice samples? Srs?
post #89 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by seward;14385092 
This isn't journalism; it's an editorial, in Forbes magazine, by a guy who works for a "libertarian" think tank, which gets a significant portion of its funding from companies which have a lot to gain from anti-global-warming FUD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heartland_Institute#Funding

I put libertarian in quotes above because this "Institute" isn't really libertarian; it's a propaganda organ for certain industries. The Institute also argues that smoking isn't bad for you...and receives significant $$$ from Philip Morris. Libertarianism doesn't mean that you ignore overwhelming scientific evidence. Libertarians want freedom; these companies want to avoid regulation or other restrictions on their profit-making practices.

Some people are definitely overstating the threat caused by human-made global warming, and there are probably some good arguments to be made against some of the more alarmist predictions, but this bought-and-paid-for propaganda piece isn't one of them.

BTW is it possible that on a website essentially by, for, and about nerds (this one), there are people who don't know how easy it is to make strong, credible inferences about past weather conditions, going back millions of years, based on (for example) soil and ice samples? Srs?

Well said
post #90 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane;14384936 
Forget global warming.
Period! How much carbon do you wanna breathe?
Well, seeing that we humans are carbon based life forms and no life on this planet would exist as we know it without CO2, you tell me. thinking.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770k  MSI Z77A-GD65 7970 GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility2  LG USB External CD/DVD Burner CoolMaster Hyper 212+  Win7 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19" Microsoft wireless  CoolerMaster 850watt Sentey Burton GS-6500  
MouseOtherOther
Microsoft wireless CyberPower 800w UPS 8-Port USB/PS2 Combo KVM Switch 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-3770k  MSI Z77A-GD65 7970 GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility2  LG USB External CD/DVD Burner CoolMaster Hyper 212+  Win7 Pro 64  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19" Microsoft wireless  CoolerMaster 850watt Sentey Burton GS-6500  
MouseOtherOther
Microsoft wireless CyberPower 800w UPS 8-Port USB/PS2 Combo KVM Switch 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [FOB] New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism