Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [IGN] GTA4 Graphics mod "photorealistic"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] GTA4 Graphics mod "photorealistic" - Page 46

Poll Results: What GPU are u using 4 this mod? Plz only vote if u get >or=30FPS @ high-max

 
  • 20% (21)
    580/5970 SLI/CF or greater
  • 8% (9)
    580/5970
  • 24% (25)
    570/480/6950
  • 16% (17)
    560/5870
  • 12% (13)
    470/6870
  • 0% (1)
    295GTX/4870X2 or DX10 gen SLI
  • 14% (15)
    lower
101 Total Votes  
post #451 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
yeah i hate to say it man, but its more than likely a problem with the save file.

so have you tried doing a fresh boot of the game, modding it and running it at a fresh start, no save reboot?

if you havnt try that, will narrow it down even further.

but my other thought, you have a bugged car somewhere. some of the car mods are very specific in what needs to be done, other you get crashes.

but if havnt yet, try starting a whole new game from scratch with all the same mods installed, if you think they used to work fine.
Well, that was a great suggestion. I started a new game with all the mods/cars/etc. installed and it seemed to work perfectly; I was able to play for about an hour straight. However, I did get a crash unfortunately. It randomly happened when I was doing a taxi job for Roman with the "GTA IV has stopped responding" error and CTD.

I tried it a couple of times again to make sure it wasn't a fluke but it crashed both times with the same error. So, obviously, it is something to do with the mods/cars etc.

The problem is, I don't know where to start to diagnose the issue.

The thing is, as I stated earlier, I made a fresh install of the game and just imported the ICE 1.25 mod, DKT texture, Exaggerated Blood, EPM v1.4, ScriptHookDotNet.asi, FileCheckFix.asi, TrafficLoad.asi, and SimpleTrainer v6.3 (Trainer.asi). The only thing I changed in the iceconfig.ini was ForceAnisotropicFilter=false to TRUE.

Are you using the ScriptHookDotNet.asi? This .asi file is obviously different from the ScriptHook.dll file which is required to play. I'm not sure what it actually does but removing it did not allow the EPM v1.4 mod to work. So, this means that that file is required for .NET scripts to work (doh!).

My in-game settings were everything maxed out at 2560x1600 and Aspect Ratio at 16:10 (since I'm playing on one 30" monitor). View Distance, Vehicle Density (what does that do anyway?) were turned up to 100 while Shadow Density was maxed out at 16. Everything else was at High/VeryHigh/Highest (max possible). Turned Definition and V-Sync OFF.

I have backed up the "Grand Theft Auto IV" folder on another drive but it is the basic install; without the 1.0.4.0 patch. The funny thing is that it won't allow me to patch the installation UNTIL I install Rockstar Games Social Club! Some guides for the ICEnHancer I've seen state that I should rename the GTAIV folder and then install the RSGC and copy over some files etc. but that did nothing; I can't even patch the installation before installing the RSGC tool.

I am at my wits end about this and although I love the way the game looks, especially with all the cool cars, it's so frustrating that I can't play it properly!

The only thing I'm using from the "previous" installation are the following files:

1.) carcols.dat
2.) handling.dat
3.) vehicles.dat
4.) vehicles.img
5.) weapons.img
6.) WEAPONS.ivaud

*I tried it without the WEAPONS.ivaud and it still crashes!

I deleted all save-files and started a brand new game. Thought I was out of the woods as I was able to play for about an hour. I was wrong; it still crashes!

Any other suggestions?

The really strange thing is that this morning I did a complete UNINSTALL of EVERYTHING related to the game (including the save-games) and this still happens (although at that point I was still using the old save-games in order to continue the game).

Can you tell me your in-game settings as well as the NVCP settings? I have a feeling something might be conflicting there as the actual files seem to be okay (although that could be totally off).
Edited by Baasha - 8/16/11 at 12:45am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #452 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
snip
hmm

well before we go anywhere, the major difference between us is, im not running EPM, seemed too hard to work out and with all the fiddly changes, i didnt wanna cause any issues.

so maybe start there?

i run everything maxed out @ 1920x1200, but i have shadows off coz i dont like them, and water on High not V.High coz for some reason on V.High the water is so reflective, i cant tell its water, no ripples or anything its like glass. but that could just be my system. i set view distance to 50 coz you dont need more than that imo, the denisties are @ 100, shadow density is maxed although my shadows are off so dont think its doing anything.

im guessing NVCP means Nvidia control panel? hehe... not using it

see the thing is, if the game is now running, then crashing during a certain mission, im pretty sure thats definitely mod/script related. something is bugging a vehicle or script event in that particular sequence.

and if you keep using your previous files listed 1-6 above, meaning you keep replacing the stock ones with modded ones, and getting errors, it means something is wrong. more than likely vehicle related.

so try re-installing, no save back-ups, just mod the game graphically with ICE or Gionight's or whatever, but DONT add in EPM or vehicles, weapons, anything like that.

we're talking vanilla GTAIV with ICE/ENB mod. just for visuals. and just play the game, see if anything happens.

then take it in steps. those EPM vehicles will work without EPM, you just cant use the special moving parts. im willing to wager its EPM thats causing all the issues to begin with. so if the game works perfectly with ICE/ENB only, then add in your weapons files. and test it. then the vehicle ones and go from there.

a great way to test if its a vehicle, especially if the crash occurs randomly or only at a certain point and not straight away, get the car spawner and spawn each vehicle. not in the one spot or the game will crash anyway. with any luck, you might spawn a vehicle and cause a game crash, narrowing down a possible culprit. bear in mind, there might be more than 1 issue

and nah, im not running any .net ASI scripts. just dsound.dll, scripthook.dll, and then Gio's mod, greensystemsgo's vehicles with about 10+ of my own that i've added, carspawner 2.2, simple native trainer 6.3 and trafficload.asi to force random spawning of vehicles in case of the taxi bug and to vary it up.
Edited by gtarmanrob - 8/16/11 at 2:22am
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #453 of 548
Lets talk about the lack of tanks and military in GTA 4...
post #454 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
hmm

well before we go anywhere, the major difference between us is, im not running EPM, seemed too hard to work out and with all the fiddly changes, i didnt wanna cause any issues.

so maybe start there?

i run everything maxed out @ 1920x1200, but i have shadows off coz i dont like them, and water on High not V.High coz for some reason on V.High the water is so reflective, i cant tell its water, no ripples or anything its like glass. but that could just be my system. i set view distance to 50 coz you dont need more than that imo, the denisties are @ 100, shadow density is maxed although my shadows are off so dont think its doing anything.

im guessing NVCP means Nvidia control panel? hehe... not using it

see the thing is, if the game is now running, then crashing during a certain mission, im pretty sure thats definitely mod/script related. something is bugging a vehicle or script event in that particular sequence.

and if you keep using your previous files listed 1-6 above, meaning you keep replacing the stock ones with modded ones, and getting errors, it means something is wrong. more than likely vehicle related.

so try re-installing, no save back-ups, just mod the game graphically with ICE or Gionight's or whatever, but DONT add in EPM or vehicles, weapons, anything like that.

we're talking vanilla GTAIV with ICE/ENB mod. just for visuals. and just play the game, see if anything happens.


then take it in steps. those EPM vehicles will work without EPM, you just cant use the special moving parts. im willing to wager its EPM thats causing all the issues to begin with. so if the game works perfectly with ICE/ENB only, then add in your weapons files. and test it. then the vehicle ones and go from there.

a great way to test if its a vehicle, especially if the crash occurs randomly or only at a certain point and not straight away, get the car spawner and spawn each vehicle. not in the one spot or the game will crash anyway. with any luck, you might spawn a vehicle and cause a game crash, narrowing down a possible culprit. bear in mind, there might be more than 1 issue

and nah, im not running any .net ASI scripts. just dsound.dll, scripthook.dll, and then Gio's mod, greensystemsgo's vehicles with about 10+ of my own that i've added, carspawner 2.2, simple native trainer 6.3 and trafficload.asi to force random spawning of vehicles in case of the taxi bug and to vary it up.
[IN BOLD]
I will give that a shot and see how it goes. Perhaps that will fix the issue.
[/IN BOLD]

So I tested it to see if EPM was the culprit; it wasn't. I still got crashes. The strange thing is, now I get the game to lock-up and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to End Process in Task Manager to close it out. The screen just hangs (for example, called Michelle for a date and went to her house. The moment I touched the "yellow" marker, the game just froze).

I have a feeling it could be the trainer so I tried a new trainer called "InGameTrainer" and that too froze and crashed (although I was able to do a few missions without any hiccups). The really strange thing was that for the first time, I got some glitch in the game where Niko disappeared (I could hear him and the camera was focused on him but no character was visible; just the gun he was holding). I had to restart the game to get rid of that. Another time, All the road textures just turned black and I could see through walls, buildings, and even the ground; was very strange; it happened at night near a subway station. Again had to restart the game to get rid of that.

So I wonder if the DKT Texture is conflicting with ICE 1.25? Never had that happen before though so it's weird. Also, EPM works perfectly for me. The cars are much more fun to drive.

Perhaps I should get rid of all the trainers and see if that works. I can try to whittle it down one by one and see which file/trainer/script causes the crash. I also turned down the Vehicle Density to 50 instead of 100 as I read on GTA4-Mods(dot)com that the TrafficLoad.asi script sometimes causes crashes if traffic density is too high. In fact, the creator of that mod recommends we put it at "1" but I thought that's way too low. If the crashes occur even without the TrafficLoad.asi script, then it definitely can't be that right?

I have RealTemp GT and Fraps running along with the game. I tried turning them off and playing but still got crashes/lockups.

How is GioNight's Mod compared to ICE 1.25? I haven't tried Gio's latest "Final" mod so maybe that could fix the issue?

Appreciate the help and if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.
Edited by Baasha - 8/16/11 at 1:24pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #455 of 548
Baasha, do you use Xfire? Be sure to close it if you do. Maybe disable your Steam overlay too.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #456 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
[IN BOLD]
I will give that a shot and see how it goes. Perhaps that will fix the issue.
[/IN BOLD]

So I tested it to see if EPM was the culprit; it wasn't. I still got crashes. The strange thing is, now I get the game to lock-up and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to End Process in Task Manager to close it out. The screen just hangs (for example, called Michelle for a date and went to her house. The moment I touched the "yellow" marker, the game just froze).

I have a feeling it could be the trainer so I tried a new trainer called "InGameTrainer" and that too froze and crashed (although I was able to do a few missions without any hiccups). The really strange thing was that for the first time, I got some glitch in the game where Niko disappeared (I could hear him and the camera was focused on him but no character was visible; just the gun he was holding). I had to restart the game to get rid of that. Another time, All the road textures just turned black and I could see through walls, buildings, and even the ground; was very strange; it happened at night near a subway station. Again had to restart the game to get rid of that.

So I wonder if the DKT Texture is conflicting with ICE 1.25? Never had that happen before though so it's weird. Also, EPM works perfectly for me. The cars are much more fun to drive.

Perhaps I should get rid of all the trainers and see if that works. I can try to whittle it down one by one and see which file/trainer/script causes the crash. I also turned down the Vehicle Density to 50 instead of 100 as I read on GTA4-Mods(dot)com that the TrafficLoad.asi script sometimes causes crashes if traffic density is too high. In fact, the creator of that mod recommends we put it at "1" but I thought that's way too low. If the crashes occur even without the TrafficLoad.asi script, then it definitely can't be that right?

I have RealTemp GT and Fraps running along with the game. I tried turning them off and playing but still got crashes/lockups.

How is GioNight's Mod compared to ICE 1.25? I haven't tried Gio's latest "Final" mod so maybe that could fix the issue?

Appreciate the help and if you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.
hmm

nah i would its definitely not the Road Texture mod, coz i use that as a stock standard mod when im playing and its never caused an issue.

i had the Niko disappearing thing when i first installed GTAIV on my sig rig, but that was without mods or anything, i put it down to an ATI/Crossfire issue. i reduced i think it was texture filter to high from v.high or something and restarted and he came back, then i was able to turn the setting back up and he was still there, so i dunno.

are you using a commandline entry with -norestricitons?

if you're not, or you're not sure what i mean, create a new text file inside the gtaIV folder where the launch .exe is located, and name it commandline.txt.

then inside that file, put an entry '-norestrictions' (without those quote marks)

no space, just that line as is above without quotes. then launch the game. maybe for some reason theres a memory leak issue with your game and the GPU causing errors.

so just to re-confirm, have you tried the game without any mods at all? coz another option is, install the game fresh again, no saves, then mod it but only add in your vehicles/weapons mods etc no ICE mod. see if it still crashes, coz then it might have been ICE all along.

i use Gio over ICE as i think its way sharper, he done a great job. theres just way too much intense lighting in Gio's mod, havnt worked out how to turn it down yet.

so try those couple of things and let us know.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #457 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Baasha, do you use Xfire? Be sure to close it if you do. Maybe disable your Steam overlay too.
Not using Xfire and my GTAIV is a retail copy so no Steam either.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #458 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
hmm

nah i would its definitely not the Road Texture mod, coz i use that as a stock standard mod when im playing and its never caused an issue.

i had the Niko disappearing thing when i first installed GTAIV on my sig rig, but that was without mods or anything, i put it down to an ATI/Crossfire issue. i reduced i think it was texture filter to high from v.high or something and restarted and he came back, then i was able to turn the setting back up and he was still there, so i dunno.

are you using a commandline entry with -norestricitons?

if you're not, or you're not sure what i mean, create a new text file inside the gtaIV folder where the launch .exe is located, and name it commandline.txt.

then inside that file, put an entry '-norestrictions' (without those quote marks)

no space, just that line as is above without quotes. then launch the game. maybe for some reason theres a memory leak issue with your game and the GPU causing errors.

so just to re-confirm, have you tried the game without any mods at all? coz another option is, install the game fresh again, no saves, then mod it but only add in your vehicles/weapons mods etc no ICE mod. see if it still crashes, coz then it might have been ICE all along.

i use Gio over ICE as i think its way sharper, he done a great job. theres just way too much intense lighting in Gio's mod, havnt worked out how to turn it down yet.

so try those couple of things and let us know.
That was the first thing I thought of as well today! Great thing you mentioned it as well.

So, I've narrowed it down quite a bit so far! I tried the game WITHOUT ICE 1.25 and just with all the other mods (cars/scripts etc.). The game still crashed! Every time during a particular cinematic scene (first time when you get a SafeHouse in Bohan), game just CTD with the "GTA IV has stopped working" error.

I then removed TrafficLoad.asi (along with its msvcr100d.dll file) and voila; no crashes! I was able to play for about an hour without any hiccups at all! I had the same old game-save, and the six (6) "old" files (from previous installation). So, since the game crashed without ICE 1.25, I know it wasn't that. The culprit seems to be TrafficLoad.asi.

When I downloaded that mod, it came without the DLL file so when I launched the game, I got two errors saying "msvcr100d.dll" is missing but the game started anyway. I forgot whether the traffic mod worked then but on the GTA4-mods(dot)com website, under that TrafficLoad.asi, in the comments, there is a link to download this msvcr100d.dll file (http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/trafficload-f9780). Even a search on Google leads to some download links for that particular file. In the comments section on GTA4-mods, the author of that mod mentioned turning down the Traffic Density (Vehicle Density) to "1". I had it at 100 before and now at "50" the last time I used it. Perhaps I should try "1" but that would not be good because there would be very few cars on the road and it would make everything so unrealistic! I guess I'll try that to see if it fixes the problem (no crashes) before installing ICE 1.25 again. If that (traffic density) isn't the issue, then perhaps the DLL file is corrupted? First of all, under Properties for that file, Windows 7 has "blocked" it because it's from another computer. Should I "Unblock" it to see if that could be the issue? Secondly, the version of the DLL file is 10.00.21003.1. Are you having to use this msvcr100d.dll file in conjunction with the TrafficLoad.asi file? You mentioned your Vehicle Density setting is at 100. And that causes no issues at all? Did you download the DLL file from somewhere else? What version is yours?

Anyway, I will reinstall the TrafficLoad.asi file (along with the DLL file) and set Vehicle Density to "1" and see if that works. If it doesn't, then I will remove that mod and reinstall ICE 1.25 and test again. Hopefully the crashes would be gone by then.

I will try Gionight's FINAL mod if I keep getting crashes with this configuration of mods/scripts that I have.

Thanks for your help and I will update you with how this turns out! Diagnosis was never this fun before!
Edited by Baasha - 8/16/11 at 9:38pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #459 of 548
haha glad to hear you're making progress mate

interesting about the trafficload error... to be honest im only at the very start of the game as i've just been mucking around, so i couldnt tell you if im in the same boat with it being an issue.

i dunno anything about the blocking/unblocking of .dll files but from the little i do know, you shouldnt have to touch it. and the version wouldnt matter, if theres a conflict with that mscrv.dll that comes with trafficload, then its possibly something we cant do anything about.

i didnt bother reading the readme regading traffic density haha, so i never saw that comment. let me know how it goes, i might start hammering the story missions to get where you are and see if it happens to me too.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #460 of 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
let me know how it goes, i might start hammering the story missions to get where you are and see if it happens to me too.
So I have a bit of an update.

I removed TrafficLoad.asi along with its DLL file and thought I was home free. I wasn't; the game STILL crashed at the EXACT SAME place it did before I did the new install. This makes me think it has something to do with the combination of custom cars/weapons and graphics along with that specific mission/spot in the game.

The two missions that crashed repeatedly at the same spots were:

1.) Brucie's Easy as Can Be - when you leave Brucie's apartment and drive up the hill and are about to turn onto the main boulevard (gas station across street), the game just freezes and then CTD.

2.) Dwayne's first mission: Ruff Ryder - when you leave Dwayne's and go about 100 yards either left or right on the road, the game freezes and CTD.

These crashes occur even without TrafficLoad.asi and the trainers (trainer.asi or inGameTrainer.asi). These crashes occurred even without ICE 1.25!

I fixed those two scenarios by temporarily importing the DEFAULT (stock) vehicles.img file but kept all the other ones intact (handling.dat, vehicles.ide, carcols.dat, and weapons.img/WEAPONS.ivaud). I was able to complete those two missions by doing that and after completing them, I imported the modified vehicles.img file and was good to go.

However, I got more crashes later on especially during CINEMATIC scenes, not actual gameplay. When I was trying one of the first missions with Playboy X, called Photo Shoot, the game froze and CTD during the cinematic. To fix this, I reduced Vehicle Density down to "1". This was WITHOUT TrafficLoad.asi.

After "fixing" that, I reinstalled TrafficLoad.asi and the trainer and started playing again. Sure enough, during one of Elizabeta's last missions, called Snow Storm, the game froze and CTD during the very last part of the mission where you meet with Little Jacob and Michelle and there is a cinematic. Again, the crash occured at the EXACT SAME POINT on the mission before the reinstall. It always occured during the cinematic sequence.

Since I've tried many different combinations, although I'm not done with my "detection" (lol), I have a feeling it's something to do with the game itself when combined with any mods/scripts or tweaks. I mean, as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, the crashes on Brucie's and Dwayne's missions occurred even without ICE 1.25 mod! It was the modified vehicles.img file that caused that.

Reducing Vehicle Density down to "1" only helped in that Photo Shoot mission where the cinematic sequence froze. It still crashed on Snow Storm at the final cinematic so that doesn't help. So I think it's safe to say the TrafficLoad.asi mod is fine and not the cause of these crashes.

I think the best way to narrow this down is for us (and anyone else who wants to help) to play through the game (story mode) and go through the missions without skipping the cinematic sequences. See if you get the same freezes/CTD etc. If you can play every mission (especially that Brucie/Dwayne/Elizabeta) without any issue, then we would have obviously narrowed the problem down to my end (installation/mods/scripts/etc.).

Let me know what you find out when you get to those missions (Brucie's and Dwayne's are not that far into the game).
Edited by Baasha - 8/17/11 at 11:36am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [IGN] GTA4 Graphics mod "photorealistic"