Originally Posted by bigkahuna360
Did the CPU problem get fixed? I'm thinking of going to a different socket or getting a server CPU.
OT: Looks very nice! Love the mesh for the lower radiator!
nooope but ive made some money from a thread in the sales area so im waiting on a new evga classified on ebay, really hope i get it because its the sata 3 version.
problem is im still not sure if it is the motherboard or cpu or ram thats broken, i was hoping it was the cpu or ram because its cheaper to replace.
if the cpu or ram is dead and i just wasted money on a mobo, then im probably gonna sell both mobos and start an x79 build
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu
mmmk so I just read through the entire work log.
The amount of precision and craftsmanship in your work is amazing ; now for the deets!
1) I LOVE the Enermax fans and the way they light up.
2) The light circuit you soldered for the acrylic blocks is beautiful, it fits very well with the silver/black theme that is developping.
3) The inside panel, with fan temps/speeds etc, is genius. Its very subtle, hidden, and yet deserves lots of praise. Its a modest component!
4) The paint work was very well done ; the annoying sanding was definitely worth it!
5) I like the extra little touches like the grill, linked in the spoiler.
Usually I skim over worklogs and just appreciate the pictures. But here, I appreciate the pictures, and the computer, as well
as the work. Its a very modest, professional looking build, and your worksmanship shines through.
sucks to hear that your RAM was being finicky
I hope you get that sorted so you can get back to using your rig.
Cheers! Favourite pics (Click to show)
that is by far the most awesome comment ive had ever. thank you so much
ive put soo much work into this build it just sucks its nearly finished and then i get hardware failures.
not sure what im going to do when i finish this build, probably start modding my htpc.
waiting on a new psu, and motherboard then its gonna get running,
then the last piece i have to build is a front panel which is getting annoying trying to fabricate.
its oddly difficult to cut a strait even 15x30cm rectangle out of sheet metal with a dremel lol.