Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti SO vs GTX 580 SO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 560 Ti SO vs GTX 580 SO

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Looking for some advise I'm looking at getting a new Graphics card and I'm tossing up between these 2

Gigabyte GTX 580 SO (GV-N580SO-15I)

and

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SO (GV-N560SO-1GI)

I'm running Windows 7 and the screen resolution is 1920x 1080 the video card that will be replaced is a GTX 260

I am currently playing

Fallout New vegas
Modern warfare 2
Bad company 2

Ill probably get the following games during the next 12 months

Saints row the Third
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3
Assassins Creed Revelations
Mass effect 3

I can get a 560 Ti SO for $248 or the 580 SO for $583 (prices in Australian dollars)

As you can see I could buy 2 560 Ti's and still have change for the cost of a single 580

Do you think the 580 is worth the extra cost or should I save my money and get a 560?


Thanks in advance
post #2 of 29
I'd say get a 560 Ti. I love mine. Considering you aren't playing very graphics intensive games, it should be perfect. Also, why not BF3?
post #3 of 29
GTX 560ti < GTX 580 < GTX 560ti SLI.

I would definately go with two 560s.
Antec
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Evga x58 EVGA GTX 590 4 GB 
OSCaseMouse
WINDOWS 7 ULT ANTEC 900 CYBORG R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Antec
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Evga x58 EVGA GTX 590 4 GB 
OSCaseMouse
WINDOWS 7 ULT ANTEC 900 CYBORG R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargoth View Post
Looking for some advise I'm looking at getting a new Graphics card and I'm tossing up between these 2

Gigabyte GTX 580 SO (GV-N580SO-15I)

and

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti SO (GV-N560SO-1GI)

I'm running Windows 7 and the screen resolution is 1920x 1080 the video card that will be replaced is a GTX 260

I am currently playing

Fallout New vegas
Modern warfare 2
Bad company 2

Ill probably get the following games during the next 12 months

Saints row the Third
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3
Assassins Creed Revelations
Mass effect 3

I can get a 560 Ti SO for $248 or the 580 SO for $583 (prices in Australian dollars)

As you can see I could buy 2 560 Ti's and still have change for the cost of a single 580

Do you think the 580 is worth the extra cost or should I save my money and get a 560?


Thanks in advance
Just get two 560 Ti's and be done with it.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 29
Im in exactly the same boat man. Except I already own a 560ti. I dont know if I should sell it and get a 580 or buy another.
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzac View Post
Im in exactly the same boat man. Except I already own a 560ti. I dont know if I should sell it and get a 580 or buy another.
Buy another of course. Sheeit, buy 2 more.
Antec
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Evga x58 EVGA GTX 590 4 GB 
OSCaseMouse
WINDOWS 7 ULT ANTEC 900 CYBORG R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Antec
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Evga x58 EVGA GTX 590 4 GB 
OSCaseMouse
WINDOWS 7 ULT ANTEC 900 CYBORG R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 29
get the 560 Ti. i have a 580 and it seems like i spend more time messing with settings than i do playing, because some of the games i want to play (BFBC2, CODBO) are so not optimized to run with the 580 for some reason. i actually get the same FPS on the 580 as i did on the 560 Ti.

especially at 1080p, get the 560 Ti. i got a 580 because i am running 2560x1600 and i still regret getting it.
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
Unnamed Build
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k MAXIMUS V GENE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper Vulcan 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 1TB 840 SSD Koolance CPU-380i XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir Phobya Xtreme 200mm Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC EX120 120mm Radiator Silverstone AP181 Fan Gentle Typhoon AP15 Windows 8 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP LP3065c DasKeyboard Ultimate Model S Seasonic X650 Silverstone TJ08B-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 Audioengine D1 USB DAC Parasound 2125 Amplifier 
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headph... Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Definitive Technology Studiomonitor 450 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post
get the 560 Ti. i have a 580 and it seems like i spend more time messing with settings than i do playing, because some of the games i want to play (BFBC2, CODBO) are so not optimized to run with the 580 for some reason. i actually get the same FPS on the 580 as i did on the 560 Ti.

especially at 1080p, get the 560 Ti. i got a 580 because i am running 2560x1600 and i still regret getting it.
Thats a shame man. I would be heart broken. Give it a few more driver updates and i reckon youll be golden
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoobs View Post
get the 560 Ti. i have a 580 and it seems like i spend more time messing with settings than i do playing, because some of the games i want to play (BFBC2, CODBO) are so not optimized to run with the 580 for some reason. i actually get the same FPS on the 580 as i did on the 560 Ti.

especially at 1080p, get the 560 Ti. i got a 580 because i am running 2560x1600 and i still regret getting it.
I think something is wrong there, becasue my stock 580 smashes my old 560Ti@1ghz in BC2.
Alalalala
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.9GHz@1.344v HT Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 670 8GB Crucial Tactical Tracer 1866mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB XSPC Rasa CPU block, MCP655, RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair TX850M 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Alalalala
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K 4.9GHz@1.344v HT Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 670 8GB Crucial Tactical Tracer 1866mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB XSPC Rasa CPU block, MCP655, RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair TX850M 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 29
I started my own thread when I was doubting my 580 to get two 560's instead.

GTX 560ti in SLI or one GTX 580?

It ended with an over whelming stay with my GTX 580 for many reasons. You can read my thread that will help give you some insight.

Here is another thread as well with your general question in mind already posted.

480 SLI vs. 560TI SLI vs. 580
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti SO vs GTX 580 SO