Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › need help on tv from the ocn gods (lg 32lv3400)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need help on tv from the ocn gods (lg 32lv3400) - Page 7

post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post
Like i said the lg customer service told me that the set is 720p native. Thet also told me it is 1,000,000:1 contrast and not the 3,000,000:1 as stated on their site. I also noticed the webpage to the lg 32lv3400 for the lg.com link is no longer up. It wont work for me.

I talked to 4 diff reps they all said the same thing. I noticed they have the set on display at walmart now it says 720p on the tag and says 1,000,000:1
I am starting to believe it and I think shame on LG.

So I am guesing this overscan they are talking about allows a 720P native display to display a 1080i native signal on this set ? I did not know that, live and learn.

I checked a 720P LG set and it does state these resolutions and mentions overscan. I do not know what this is and back in the day, 720P tv's could only display 720P, you would have to set the cable box to output all signals to 720P to work and display correctly.


Just Scan 0 % OverScanHDMIâ„¢: 1080p/1080i/720p, Component: 1080p/1080i/720p, RF: 1080i/720p
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post
Yes mine does it
Your screen loses some brightness when you move away from a dead-center position as well?

If so, that would be good to know as I would know at least that my unit isn't defective.
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floormgr View Post
Your screen loses some brightness when you move away from a dead-center position as well?

If so, that would be good to know as I would know at least that my unit isn't defective.
I see what you mean now and thought you just meant viewing angle.

I would never have noticed that if you did not mention it. Nothing to be concerned with and is so slight most people would not notice. Def not a defect or issue. Most tv's look somewhat different off direct center viewing angle.
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bru87tr View Post
I am starting to believe it and I think shame on LG.

So I am guesing this overscan they are talking about allows a 720P native display to display a 1080i native signal on this set ? I did not know that, live and learn.

I checked a 720P LG set and it does state these resolutions and mentions overscan. I do not know what this is and back in the day, 720P tv's could only display 720P, you would have to set the cable box to output all signals to 720P to work and display correctly.


Just Scan 0 % OverScanHDMIâ„¢: 1080p/1080i/720p, Component: 1080p/1080i/720p, RF: 1080i/720p
I think the confusion is coming from their processor (or whatever) in the TV that can accept a 1080 source but will "downscale" the image to 720p in contrast to what you mentioned...having to set your cable box to 720p in order to get the TV to work properly.

Either way, I tried feeding a 1080p source via computer and the LG downgraded it to 720 (even though my 1080 monitor on my computer was showing full 1080.
post #65 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post
Like i said the lg customer service told me that the set is 720p native. Thet also told me it is 1,000,000:1 contrast and not the 3,000,000:1 as stated on their site. I also noticed the webpage to the lg 32lv3400 for the lg.com link is no longer up. It wont work for me.

I talked to 4 diff reps they all said the same thing. I noticed they have the set on display at walmart now it says 720p on the tag and says 1,000,000:1
Still up for me......

http://m.lg.com/za/tv-audio-video/te...v-32LV3400.jsp
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bru87tr View Post
I am starting to believe it and I think shame on LG.
LG has not had a stellar history when it comes to stuff like this. If you google "LG panel lottery" (if you weren't already familiar with this) you'll see that last year they were shipping some sets with IPS panels and some with other panels (VA or whatever) even though they were advertising the models as IPS. People were taking magnifying glasses and looking at the pixel pattern to make sure. Totally misleading on LG's part.
post #67 of 83
Thread Starter 
I run the tv on just scan instead of the 16:9 option because u will notice the 16:9 option makes the image bigger. When u set it on just scan u will noticeu get alot more image on the screen and to me it does look better
Intel
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K (4.2ghz) GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 Gigabyte 1060 3GB Adata XPG DDR3 1600 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB Seagate PNY 128GB SSD LG M-Disc DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home LG 25um56 2560x1080 Ultrawide (IPS) Logitech k360 Seasonic S12II 520w (Bronze) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill Nautilus  Havit Magic Eagle Steel series (world of warcraft) GX Gaming 2.1 (Onboard Audio) 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K (4.2ghz) GIGABYTE GA-Z68AP-D3 Gigabyte 1060 3GB Adata XPG DDR3 1600 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
500GB Seagate PNY 128GB SSD LG M-Disc DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home LG 25um56 2560x1080 Ultrawide (IPS) Logitech k360 Seasonic S12II 520w (Bronze) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill Nautilus  Havit Magic Eagle Steel series (world of warcraft) GX Gaming 2.1 (Onboard Audio) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bru87tr View Post
I see what you mean now and thought you just meant viewing angle.

I would never have noticed that if you did not mention it. Nothing to be concerned with and is so slight most people would not notice. Def not a defect or issue. Most tv's look somewhat different off direct center viewing angle.
OK, so when you move, say, 30 degrees or so from dead-center the picture loses some brightness for you as well?
If so, then I'll be relieved that it's not a figment of my imagination. At first I thought it was the set's eco-saving feature that will adjust the back light but I turned that off (the eco-saving thing, not the back light).
post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floormgr View Post
I think the confusion is coming from their processor (or whatever) in the TV that can accept a 1080 source but will "downscale" the image to 720p in contrast to what you mentioned...having to set your cable box to 720p in order to get the TV to work properly.

Either way, I tried feeding a 1080p source via computer and the LG downgraded it to 720 (even though my 1080 monitor on my computer was showing full 1080.
I believe you, my laptop recommended 1360X768. But again, accepted a 1080 resolution.

Here you think you got a great deal and it turns out you got less than you were lead to believe.

At least copone got a great deal, at $318 I would have felt better about it.

Still, it give a great image. The regular 720P LCD (not LED) at walmart for $318 looked great also, but still not as good as this tv.
post #70 of 83
BTW: I am certain this is a S-IPS panel, I am guessing that helps with what they are doing with a native resolution.

If you have a magnifying glass, a good one you will see that it is. A good digital camera with macro on up close will come through in a picture.

It is definitely a S-IPS panel and alot of sites, even advertising 720P also advertise it as a IPS panel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › need help on tv from the ocn gods (lg 32lv3400)