Overclock.net banner

Worst AMD 965 BE?

792 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  gchou 
#1 ·
I think I got the totally opposite of a golden chip. No matter how I overclock the chip, it will be unstable at all time. Increasing voltage doesn't help at all. Instead it crashes easier.

Is it because of my AMD 965 BE C2 sucks? or rest of the components suck too much to overclock?

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepergsr
View Post

blue screen or blackscreen? where is your idle temp and load temps at when you're running it at stock?

No bsod, just restart when running prime95 blend for few minutes to an hour. Sometimes just freezes the screen.

Ambient 33/ load 57

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick
View Post

What kind of overclock did you do?

From 3,4(stock) right to 4.0ghz?
Or from 3.4 to 3.5?

More info needed so we can help.

Basically and processor can overclock even a little, at leats 100mhz you should be able to squeeze out.

To 3.6 by increasing the multiplier by 1 with and without voltage increase by .025V.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Sounds like you need to mess with the settings (Like Try Disabling C1E, And Cool n' Quiet). Then try OCing. If that doesn't help, well you got one hella crappy chip. I got a crap X2 550 BE. Won't unlock, and needs 1.55V's to get to 4Ghz.

I can run it @ 3.95Ghz @ 1.472V'sm but 4Ghz needs a TON MORE.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvidia-Brownies
View Post

Sounds like you need to mess with the settings (Like Try Disabling C1E, And Cool n' Quiet). Then try OCing. If that doesn't help, well you got one hella crappy chip. I got a crap X2 550 BE. Won't unlock, and needs 1.55V's to get to 4Ghz.

I can run it @ 3.95Ghz @ 1.472V'sm but 4Ghz needs a TON MORE.

Whoa 1.55V! How high voltage can AMD 965 BE handle? I remember AMD 965 BE doesn't like high voltage.

I'll try it right now, disable C1E and CnQ, then bump multiplier to 18x.

Wish me a luck

#11 ·
Phenom II's love voltage, they just hate heat. Looking at your board, it lacks necessary cooling on the Mofsets
I wouldn't try to push voltages just to be on the safe side, but other then that, I don't see any reason even a horrible C2 unlocked chip shouldn't be able to at least go higher then stock. I've gotten a 945 C2 up to 3.9 without breaking 1.55v, there must be something wrong in your settings. Possible BIOS screenshot before and after trying for 3.6?

#12 ·
You're having problems running this processor because this processor is NOT SUPPORTED on your board.

Due to a weak 4+1 unheatsinked VRM setup with low overall quality and other problems, the BIOS was not updated for 140W CPUs at all. Probably for good reason too - this design is known for problems.
You need a new board to properly run that 140W beast.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;14416252
You're having problems running this processor because this processor is NOT SUPPORTED on your board.

Due to a weak 4+1 unheatsinked VRM setup with low overall quality and other problems, the BIOS was not updated for 140W CPUs at all. Probably for good reason too - this design is known for problems.
You need a new board to properly run that 140W beast.
Bummer! I think you're right. Evil Fry's sold this bundle(CPU+MB) on their black friday just to make overclockers cry
frown.gif

Can anyone suggest me a good motherboard with overclocking and SLI capacity? Should I go with AMD or Intel at this stage?

Thank you guys very much for all the advices.

Update: Disabled C1E/CnQ, 17.5x multiplier, freeze upon windows.
frown.gif
This motherboard is a WEAK!

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillmiester;14416543
Yea you aint doin no overclockin with that board unless you want to blow some mosfets.
You're right. I'm being reckless right now.

For some reason, after I took out the lower clocked RAM(OCZ3P1333LV2G), I am able to put 18.5x multiplier and running Prime95 blend right now. It will probably fail, but it's interesting to see. If it doesn't fail, then I will be shocked! My computer is super slow right now running with 2gb RAM @ 1333Mhz(OCZ3P1600LV2G).

Hopefully it will pass at least 12 hours test.
laugher.gif

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillmiester;14416795
Whats the maximum voltages available for cpu, chipsets, ram, ect?

If its not too much trouble list your full bios settings that your currently set at.
I set my CPU voltage at 1.475V, NB CPU at 1.350V, and ram at 1.650V.
I'm not sure what do you mean maximum voltages available. Like the highest voltage for AMD 965 BE is 1.5V. Highest voltage for my NB CPU is 1.400V. I think ram is 1.650V.

Update:

Bummer! 18.5x multi/1.475V failed. Trying 18.5x multi/1.50V.

#18 ·
Need help!

I had a bad overclock and bsod. My windows is corrupted and somehow I can't reinstall as well. It gets stuck on starting Windows screen on installation.

Edit: Nvm, installation is working now. Just have to wait and reinstall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.