Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I recently purchased a GTX 560 Ti HAWK video card from MSI. I am happy with the performance but there are several problems that I have encountered. First, temperatures seem very high, (mid 70s with 100% fan speed @ default clocks and as high as 90c). It idles around 40-45 which also seems very high. Second, the card does not show up as a HAWK edition card in MSI Afterburner. The name shows up as a generic 560 Ti card. Because of this I cannot access the triple over-voltage function that is supposed to be there. I have tried several different driver versions and am currently using version 280.19 beta drivers. Any help regarding these issues would be much appreciated.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB850123;14419592 
I recently purchased a GTX 560 Ti HAWK video card from MSI. I am happy with the performance but there are several problems that I have encountered. First, temperatures seem very high, (mid 70s with 100% fan speed @ default clocks and as high as 90c). It idles around 40-45 which also seems very high. Second, the card does not show up as a HAWK edition card in MSI Afterburner. The name shows up as a generic 560 Ti card. Because of this I cannot access the triple over-voltage function that is supposed to be there. I have tried several different driver versions and am currently using version 280.19 beta drivers. Any help regarding these issues would be much appreciated.

Too much weirdness happening here.

When and where did you get your card?

Your idle temps are way too high, 90c (on load I assume) is 9c short of max safe temps. What are you using to test?

What does GPU-Z say your card is?
post #3 of 19
OK, I have mine OC'd @ 1015 MHz currently. Fan speed @70%, never goes passed 70 C. This is with 99% GPU usage too. There is definitely something wrong with that card...or system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S using Tapatalk
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690 MSI H97 PC Mate(MS-7850) r9 390 Nitro Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX 200 256 SSD Toshiba 2TB 6.0gb/s External - Seagate 4TB 24X DVD-RW Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper T4 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Acer IPS 27' 2560 x 1440p Logitech G710 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V650 Gold Rated Enermax Ostrog Logitech something ?? 
Audio
Realtek Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690 MSI H97 PC Mate(MS-7850) r9 390 Nitro Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB 1600mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial MX 200 256 SSD Toshiba 2TB 6.0gb/s External - Seagate 4TB 24X DVD-RW Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper T4 Windows 10 Home 64-bit Acer IPS 27' 2560 x 1440p Logitech G710 Mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V650 Gold Rated Enermax Ostrog Logitech something ?? 
Audio
Realtek Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 19
How is the airflow inside your case? because the 560 Ti HAWK exhausts mostly inside the case.
Armor III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 4.7Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming 6G SLI  Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 2TB Samsung 640GB 2x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (RAID-0) Seagate 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (boot)  Samsung DVD/RW Windows 10 Pro ASUS ROG PG279Q 165hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX1200 PSU Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Armor III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 4.7Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming 6G SLI  Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 2TB Samsung 640GB 2x OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (RAID-0) Seagate 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (boot)  Samsung DVD/RW Windows 10 Pro ASUS ROG PG279Q 165hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair Vengeance K90 Corsair AX1200 PSU Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 19
Im thinking your case is the problem here
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.288v Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 590 G. Skill 8Gb DDR3 2133 - 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Western Digital 1Tb Black Acer GD235hz Corsair AX1200 Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.288v Asus Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 590 G. Skill 8Gb DDR3 2133 - 9-10-9-24 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Western Digital 1Tb Black Acer GD235hz Corsair AX1200 Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666;14420033 
Too much weirdness happening here.

When and where did you get your card?

Your idle temps are way too high, 90c (on load I assume) is 9c short of max safe temps. What are you using to test?

What does GPU-Z say your card is?

I bought the card on Newegg. When I reached 90c I was playing GTA IV. In GPU-z it shows up as a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe;14420734 
How is the airflow inside your case? because the 560 Ti HAWK exhausts mostly inside the case.

I have a HAF 932 case which has very good airflow. Intake at front and side with exhaust at top and year. There is no reason that there should be airflow problems.
post #8 of 19
what's your ambient temperature?

I had this card too, it also got way too hot and waaaay tooo loud. it reached 80° after 5 minutes of BFBC2, so i'm still guessing your 90° is way too high.

I'm much more pleased with my twin frozr II
post #9 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameDB;14423658 
what's your ambient temperature?

I had this card too, it also got way too hot and waaaay tooo loud. it reached 80° after 5 minutes of BFBC2, so i'm still guessing your 90° is way too high.

I'm much more pleased with my twin frozr II

The ambient temperature in my room is right around 22-23c.
post #10 of 19
- Reapply TIM
- Use newest beta version of Afterburner. Do not use 2.1 or anything supplied on the CD.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems