Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIalex;14425015 
- Reapply TIM
- Use newest beta version of Afterburner. Do not use 2.1 or anything supplied on the CD.

Won't re-applying TIM void the warranty? I have had the card for less than a week so wouldn't RMA be a better option? I will try the beta version of afterburner and see what happens.
post #12 of 19
No. Reapplying TIM won't void anything.

Only things that void warranty are if you make physical mods to PCB or heatsink that causes the issue. At least that's the general consensus (and if you wanted to fight legally in court, that's the interpretation).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIalex View Post
No. Reapplying TIM won't void anything.

Only things that void warranty are if you make physical mods to PCB or heatsink that causes the issue. At least that's the general consensus (and if you wanted to fight legally in court, that's the interpretation).
I got 2.2 beta 5 and the problems are fixed. It now shows up as a HAWK and the overvoltage functionality is there.
Edited by BOB850123 - 8/1/11 at 11:17am
post #14 of 19
Beta 2 and 3 are months old, hence your issue.

The "fix" is only for AMD cards.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=347298
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 NVIDIA reference 790i Ultra NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 4GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Raptor 150GB XP SP3 Dell 2407WFP Logitech 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec P180 Logitech MX518 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIalex View Post
Beta 2 and 3 are months old, hence your issue.

The "fix" is only for AMD cards.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=347298
i edited my previous post stating that beta 5 fixed the problems.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB850123 View Post
I got 2.2 beta 5 and the problems are fixed. It now shows up as a HAWK and the overvoltage functionality is there.
Excellent.

Temps may still be an issue. Have a good look in you case and see if you can improve your airflow. If you have the capability, you may want to wack on a fan onto your side panel to help cool the card.
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post
Excellent.

Temps may still be an issue. Have a good look in you case and see if you can improve your airflow. If you have the capability, you may want to wack on a fan onto your side panel to help cool the card.
I am planning on getting two delta fans for the side panel. This should greatly improve airflow directly onto the card.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB850123 View Post
I am planning on getting two delta fans for the side panel. This should greatly improve airflow directly onto the card.
You don't want to blow air directly on the card, you want to remove air from it as fast as possible while "fresh" or "non-recycled" air has access to the card. You don't want anything hindering the removal of hot air from the card though.
post #19 of 19
I have 2 of these in sli clocked at 1000mhz and the top card hits 90c under full load and the bottom card doesnt go above 72c under full load with fans at 100%.
SMT
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k MSI P67A-G43 2x EVGA Classified 570 8gb Gskill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb Corsair Force III SSD Windows 7 Ultimate LG 23' 1080p 850W OCZ 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600t SE mx518 Steelpad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
SMT
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k MSI P67A-G43 2x EVGA Classified 570 8gb Gskill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
120gb Corsair Force III SSD Windows 7 Ultimate LG 23' 1080p 850W OCZ 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600t SE mx518 Steelpad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti HAWK Problems