Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Do I have a lazy i5-2500K? 1.42v+@46x?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do I have a lazy i5-2500K? 1.42v+@46x? - Page 3  

post #21 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3310n View Post
and yes you have the right to rma it. all the asshats saying you shouldnt rma it are wrong. you bought a k series. for overclocking. it doesnt preform very well at this.if you bought a car that was meant to go 200mph and it could only go 125, wouldnt you exchange it?
SB chips are not supposed to go 4.5+ though. That is were your analogy falls apart. Anything over 4.0 is well over what anyone should expect with a 3.4 base chip. People RMA'ing due to not OC'ing like they had hoped is one of the reasons for higher prices. Everything cost money and this adds more cost to the product and is passed on to us, the consumer. Look at the bigger picture. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it myself, just stating it does have an affect on prices and really is abusing the system.
post #22 of 72
my chips draws 1.44 during avx linx at 4.6, any less and im unstable

also, dont listen to strat79, he doenst know what hes talking about, he just said that only 2 percent of sandy bridge can reach 5 ghz which is utter crap
post #23 of 72
Anyway, 4.5GHz is blazing fast. I know people that don't even bother to overcklock these chips at all, because their so fast. Most people overclock over 4.5GHz to validate or check stability, but use lower speeds for 24/7 anyway.

Of course it is a bonus getting a chip that will do 5GHz at 1.4v Vcore, but hey... 4.5GHz is blazing fast, and no one is able to feel any difference going up a few hundred MHz.

As I've said, I also had a bad 2500K overclocker, and had it not been OK for my friend to switch CPU with me (Since he does not overclock) I would have just sat on my 2500K and used it at 4.5GHz ~1.368v Vcore.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
post #24 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
I can't believe people like you say stuff like this. First off, you don't return a product because it doesn't overclock well. When you buy something it is guaranteed to run at the specs provided. Anything else is just a bonus if it does overclock.

You honestly don't return something because it will not clock as high as some others guy hardware in a forum. This is what makes it hard for honest people to return items that have problems. There just isn't much more i can say to this post.
Understood, But you gotta do what you gotta do... Its not our fault Intel can't keep these chips to all work alike. I understand the OP's idea. The mentality to buy something at the hopes of it working how you imagined and at the end getting something else in less or worse condition from what others get is what makes us human. We all pay the price for these chips why not keep them all at same specs? Blame it on Intel. I'm sorry but if i pay for something and it doesn't work as it should. I want my money's worth. At the end its about the consumer. Without it... Who's intel?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Western Digital Red 8TB 5400RPM SATA Corsair H80i v2 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28E590 Logitech G710+ Corsair RM850 Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Alienware Logitech Z623 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Western Digital Red 8TB 5400RPM SATA Corsair H80i v2 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28E590 Logitech G710+ Corsair RM850 Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Alienware Logitech Z623 
  hide details  
post #25 of 72
Sorry, but Intel doesn't claim to bin its chips for 4.8+ GHz. The make no promises, other than the chip being unlocked.

They should charge you for another chip.

This is like buying a reference gtx 580 that doesn't bin its chips, and sending it back because you can't OC it to 900+ Mhz........
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Sexy Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB+Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB+Seaga... LITE-ON DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ xl2410t Corsair 850HX Cooler Master HAF-X  Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
post #26 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
I can't believe people like you say stuff like this. First off, you don't return a product because it doesn't overclock well. When you buy something it is guaranteed to run at the specs provided. Anything else is just a bonus if it does overclock.

You honestly don't return something because it will not clock as high as some others guy hardware in a forum. This is what makes it hard for honest people to return items that have problems. There just isn't much more i can say to this post.
I agree with KillerK. OCing isnt a guarantee, they have an unlocked K edition so that you CAN OC it a little if you want to. Reaching past 4.0Ghz on a 2500k should be plenty enough. Having more than that, Great! You've just got a nice chip. Now if you dont, well thats not a real reason to RMA..For the people that do RMA because the chip is faulty, dont you think they might be concerned its just another guy trying to get a better chip even though there's works fine on stock or a little higher?
Challenger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 4Ghz Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H EVGA Geforce GTX 460 SE OC'd @ 850/1700/1850mhz 2 x 2gb G-skill DDR3-1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital Caviar black 500gb 7200rpm Windows 7 Home premium 62-bit Acer G195w 1440x900 Antec Earthwatts 500D 
Case
Rosewill Challenger 
  hide details  
Challenger
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 4Ghz Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H EVGA Geforce GTX 460 SE OC'd @ 850/1700/1850mhz 2 x 2gb G-skill DDR3-1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital Caviar black 500gb 7200rpm Windows 7 Home premium 62-bit Acer G195w 1440x900 Antec Earthwatts 500D 
Case
Rosewill Challenger 
  hide details  
post #27 of 72
Edited because of unnecessary rudeness.
Edited by fuloran1 - 8/1/11 at 11:43am
post #28 of 72
Nvm. Not worth it.
post #29 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobanmanx2 View Post
I agree with KillerK. OCing isnt a guarantee, they have an unlocked K edition so that you CAN OC it a little if you want to. Reaching past 4.0Ghz on a 2500k should be plenty enough. Having more than that, Great! You've just got a nice chip. Now if you dont, well thats not a real reason to RMA..For the people that do RMA because the chip is faulty, dont you think they might be concerned its just another guy trying to get a better chip even though there's works fine on stock or a little higher?
If their concerned there's a reason for them to be... Make these chips all alike and they wouldn't have this concern simple as.. I'm waiting for someone to say "its not on intel's hand for them to be all alike" Of course it is! It's their product... Now give me what I paid for. I'm not sorry i look at things like this. I'm money hungry like most people are in this darn age.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Western Digital Red 8TB 5400RPM SATA Corsair H80i v2 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28E590 Logitech G710+ Corsair RM850 Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Alienware Logitech Z623 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB Western Digital Red 8TB 5400RPM SATA Corsair H80i v2 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung U28E590 Logitech G710+ Corsair RM850 Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Alienware Logitech Z623 
  hide details  
post #30 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by J!NX View Post
Understood, But you gotta do what you gotta do... Its not our fault Intel can't keep these chips to all work alike. I understand the OP's idea. The mentality to buy something at the hopes of it working how you imagined and at the end getting something else in less or worse condition from what others get is what makes us human. We all pay the price for these chips why not keep them all at same specs? Blame it on Intel. I'm sorry but if i pay for something and it doesn't work as it should. I want my money's worth. At the end its about the consumer. Without it... Who's intel?
Such a weak argument, it works as it should its stable from the factory. Its not like he got a downclocked chip that is a reason for RMA but seriously RMA because it didnt OC as well as the other ones? Blame it on intel? Seriously it works as it should and 4.5GHz is already blazing fast.
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4960X IV-E @4.7GHz/1.35v ASUS Sabertooth X79 Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Dominator Plat. 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
750GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD Corsair H100i v2 w/ GT AP-15's Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM88C-P Logitech G810 Corsair HX850W Pro Series Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Logitech Hard Pad Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD  Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System 
AudioOther
Sennheiser HD 598 NZXT Hue+ 
  hide details  
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4960X IV-E @4.7GHz/1.35v ASUS Sabertooth X79 Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11G Corsair Dominator Plat. 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
750GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD Corsair H100i v2 w/ GT AP-15's Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM88C-P Logitech G810 Corsair HX850W Pro Series Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Logitech Hard Pad Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD  Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speaker System 
AudioOther
Sennheiser HD 598 NZXT Hue+ 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Do I have a lazy i5-2500K? 1.42v+@46x?