Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › question about GTX 580 and my PSU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

question about GTX 580 and my PSU - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post
You can modify the fan rpm profile with msi afterburner so that the card runs cooler.
yes i'm using Asus GPU Tweak software for my over clocking and it has option to control rpm but with 80-100 proc of rpm it too loud man i have 6 fans in my case and all of them doesnt make so much noise then 2 fans of my video card
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by giegaand1 View Post
yes i'm using Asus GPU Tweak software for my over clocking and it has option to control rpm but with 80-100 proc of rpm it too loud man i have 6 fans in my case and all of them doesnt make so much noise then 2 fans of my video card
So how does your current fan rpm curve look like? Is it linear so that 20°C = 0% fan speed and 100°C = 100% fan speed or do you have a more curved profile?
And that gap is more then enough. The PSU heat should not have a big impact on the card (my lower card is closer then that)
Edited by Bit_reaper - 8/2/11 at 3:59am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post
So how does your current fan rpm curve look like? Is it linear so that 20°C = 0% fan speed and 100°C = 100% fan speed or do you have a more curved profile?
And that gap is more then enough. The PSU heat should not have a big impact on the card (my lower card is closer then that)
tricky question about that curve now i'm using just auto for fan control cause i found in few forums info that people with same video card and with fan speed on auto managed to overclock with no problems. Perhaps i have to make my own curve for fan speed to fight with high temps
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by giegaand1 View Post
tricky question about that curve now i'm using just auto for fan control cause i found in few forums info that people with same video card and with fan speed on auto managed to overclock with no problems. Perhaps i have to make my own curve for fan speed to fight with high temps
Well usually the stock profile is god enough. I'm quite surprised you are having so much trouble wit this card. Have you been able to get any stable over clock on it? Even little? Or just core or memory alone? Do you get a lot higher temps wit small OC's?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post
Well usually the stock profile is god enough. I'm quite surprised you are having so much trouble wit this card. Have you been able to get any stable over clock on it? Even little? Or just core or memory alone? Do you get a lot higher temps wit small OC's?
i'm working on it now, my stock clock is 816 up to now i managed to OC to 866 and temp are 85C. looks im moving in right direction What im thinking now is that is very hot in my room its more then 26C cause sun now facing my room's window in the morning with same OC i had 81C maybe its the case with this OC 866 i passed 40 min with FurMark with no errors. Will try more i would be very happy with somewhere around 900. will post later my result. thank you for your help .
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
custom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 4ghz gigabyte ex58-ud5 asus gtx 580 matrix platinum g.skill 12gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung PB22-J 64GB Solid State H Windows 7 ultimate 64bit packard bell maestro 24'' zalman ZM850-HP 
Case
coolermaster HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by giegaand1 View Post
i'm working on it now, my stock clock is 816 up to now i managed to OC to 866 and temp are 85C. looks im moving in right direction What im thinking now is that is very hot in my room its more then 26C cause sun now facing my room's window in the morning with same OC i had 81C maybe its the case with this OC 866 i passed 40 min with FurMark with no errors. Will try more i would be very happy with somewhere around 900. will post later my result. thank you for your help .
I feel your pain. My room temps pass the 30°C mark regularly for the exact same reason. Dame sun shine ruins good OC's . Any way when you start to raise the mem speed you might need to back of a bit on the core clock to get it all running stable.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 OC 4.0 GHz 1.35v HT on Asus P6T 1366 SLI Gigabyte GTX 970 OCZ 12GB DDR3 GOLD/Platinum mix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Western digital 300GB Western digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
generic LG DVD WC'd , Supreme LT, NexXxoS Xtreme III 360, Phob... Windows 7 x64 Samsung 27" LED S27A550B 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ACER 23" x233H Dell U3415W Logitech G11 Chieftec 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks enthoo luxe Razer deathAdder respawn steelseries Qck Yamaha HTR-6130 AV Receiver 
AudioAudio
Yamaha NS-50B floor tower speakers miditech Audiolink II stereo sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › question about GTX 580 and my PSU