Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H80 advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair H80 advice

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Whoo... Posting about a pre-built water-cooler in the Water Cooling forums. Feel like I'm walking down a gang infested dark ally holding a teddy bear from mummy.

So to all the purists... I'M SORRY!!!

But to the question at hand. The H80, as I've been lead to believe, has pretty good TIM pre-applied.
But I have a syringe of Shin Etsu G751 here, and I'm wondering what would be the best course of action? Try the default stuff first? Go straight for the Shin? Heh.
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Unless they have changed Corsair uses Shin Etsu on their blocks.
TBD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 970 Asus Rampage Formula III XFX 6950 Reference 6GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor-1TB Seagate LG DVD Windows 7 64bit ASUS VH238 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate PC Power and Cooling 750W Silverstone Raven 01 Razor Tron 
  hide details  
Reply
TBD
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 970 Asus Rampage Formula III XFX 6950 Reference 6GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor-1TB Seagate LG DVD Windows 7 64bit ASUS VH238 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate PC Power and Cooling 750W Silverstone Raven 01 Razor Tron 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo71 View Post
Unless they have changed Corsair uses Shin Etsu on their blocks.
I read someone say that before, then he got dog-piled by people saying he was wrong and should forfeit his life. You know, the usual internet jazz.
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian View Post
Whoo... Posting about a pre-built water-cooler in the Water Cooling forums. Feel like I'm walking down a gang infested dark ally holding a teddy bear from mummy.

So to all the purists... I'M SORRY!!!

But to the question at hand. The H80, as I've been lead to believe, has pretty good TIM pre-applied.
But I have a syringe of Shin Etsu G751 here, and I'm wondering what would be the best course of action? Try the default stuff first? Go straight for the Shin? Heh.
ill give ya my experience with my H60

i left the Shin it came with (pretty sure everyone is in agreement that it comes with Shin on it) and got decent temps...but then i had to reseat it a few times so i resorted to AS5...that stuff sucked and got some Shin g751...lowered the max temps if i remember right (been 3 months) something like 7 degrees from using the stock TIM that came on the H60

so i would say try stock...if it seems good for you leave it...if not replace with g751
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.5ghz@1.3v Asus P8P67 MSI GTX980 Gaming 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1TB,Seagate 500gb 7200.10 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung EX2220 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-650 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
The Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.5ghz@1.3v Asus P8P67 MSI GTX980 Gaming 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung F3 1TB,Seagate 500gb 7200.10 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Samsung EX2220 Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
SeaSonic X-650 Corsair 650D Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekyGTi View Post
ill give ya my experience with my H60

i left the Shin it came with (pretty sure everyone is in agreement that it comes with Shin on it) and got decent temps...but then i had to reseat it a few times so i resorted to AS5...that stuff sucked and got some Shin g751...lowered the max temps if i remember right (been 3 months) something like 7 degrees from using the stock TIM that came on the H60

so i would say try stock...if it seems good for you leave it...if not replace with g751
Alright, will do! Thanks very much! :]
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Compuhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P67 Sabertooth EVGA GTX 780ti CLASSIFIED Corsair Vengeance 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 512gb 840 PRO LG Bluray burner Corsair Hydro H80i Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 27" 2560x1440 CORSAIR K95 Mechanical Seasonic 1000w Platinum Corsair 600T Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus MIONIX Propus Creative X-FI HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair H80 advice