Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Looking for some help in buying a card
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for some help in buying a card - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
If you can afford it, I think the best option would be just get another 480 to double performance, that also has an HDMI output on it.

The 480's should support audio bitstreaming, meaning it can carry audio through HDMI without needing to connect a SPDIF cable to your card from your mobo.
So it does! I had no idea I already had a hdmi on my GPU.

Missed it since it's a mini HDMI on the end.


I'm still a bit tempted to get another GPU and SLI, but I'd get a 580 over a 480, and more than that, I'll probably wait until the 6 series now...

I'll keep an eye on ebay in case any nice physics cards pop up for cheap, I have a good idea what to look for now at least ^-^


One more question though, for PhysX, do you need to run that with an SLI bridge still?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e5645 @ 4.2Ghz P6X58D-E 5450 x2 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600 
CoolingOSPowerCase
ALPENFOHN K2 Windows 7 Pro Antec Truepower Trio 650W Dell Optiplex 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e5645 @ 4.2Ghz P6X58D-E 5450 x2 6Gb Corsair Dominator 1600 
CoolingOSPowerCase
ALPENFOHN K2 Windows 7 Pro Antec Truepower Trio 650W Dell Optiplex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabid View Post
One more question though, for PhysX, do you need to run that with an SLI bridge still?
Nope.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
If you can afford it, I think the best option would be just get another 480 to double performance, that also has an HDMI output on it.

The 480's should support audio bitstreaming, meaning it can carry audio through HDMI without needing to connect a SPDIF cable to your card from your mobo.
Double? If only... Fermi does scale exceptionally well, though.

/sarcasm off
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabid View Post
So it does! I had no idea I already had a hdmi on my GPU.

Missed it since it's a mini HDMI on the end.


I'm still a bit tempted to get another GPU and SLI, but I'd get a 580 over a 480, and more than that, I'll probably wait until the 6 series now...

I'll keep an eye on ebay in case any nice physics cards pop up for cheap, I have a good idea what to look for now at least ^-^


One more question though, for PhysX, do you need to run that with an SLI bridge still?




It may be what is called a display port rather than mini hdmi.I use a display port too hdmi cable for my tv.Then I have a wireless speaker for the sound.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-750 4.3@1.375v Asus Maximus III Formula Asus ENGTX465 4gb G Skill 2000 Mhz.Trident @2133 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 2 50GB SSD/WD 500GB Blue/WD640GB Black Samsung DVD/RW Corsair H-50 Windows 10 home 64 Bit Retail 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 24"1080P LED Asus VE248H Abs M1 Cooler master silent pro 600 modular M600 RS-60... Lian Li Lancool PCK-58 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Kinzu no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
Double? If only... Fermi does scale exceptionally well, though.
Even with 70-90% scaling, it's still obviously worth it, I shouldn't have said double though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
/sarcasm off
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post
Even with 70-90% scaling, it's still obviously worth it, I shouldn't have said double though.




I know. I kid, I kid. I'm just waiting for Antec to send me the modular power connectors so I can hook up this second 470 I just got. Should have SLI up and running by the end of the week. 2 470's... mmm.... Really excited to see what kind of scaling I get.
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Looking for some help in buying a card