Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Blizzard on Diablo 3: gold farmers and players “really doing the same activ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGamer] Blizzard on Diablo 3: gold farmers and players “really doing the same activ - Page 3

post #21 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
But what exactly can they do to prevent gold farming? Nothing.

I agree with him, it's set up so we can play the game in different way, unfortunately gold farming is one of those ways.

I enjoy the story line, levelling and collecting awesome equipment for my specialist, others enjoy repetitive tasks like collecting digital gold. Let them be, who are you to judge how others play the game within the confines of the policy and design.
Actually, there are more then a few ways they can further improve the security and prevention of gold buying. As a WoW player myself there are a number of issues surrounding the game which allow people to effectively farm and have near limitless quantities of gold.

Gold cap - The current cap per character is 1 million gold. So for every account that has been hacked you could have 10 characters on a single realm for a total of 10 million gold. It all becomes multiplicative in the end. Blizzard can easily rectify this issue by capping gold income per week like they do so many other currencies in the game, plus lowering the overall gold quantity a character can hold to something more reasonable.

Compromised Accounts - They could easily just ban people accessing accounts outside their registered locations if they took the time to trace IP addresses like the authentication servers do now.

World Exploiting - Not once has Blizzard ever actually patched in fixes to prevent zone exploiting in an expansion since I started playing in Burning Crusade. I have seen my share of underground miners and herb farmers since then. One would think that they would have fixed all these issues while a game is in beta.

Bots - Blizzard could easily disable all mods and add-ons that work with World of WarCraft if they wanted to, and there are mods that can farm materials for you to sell.
post #22 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSgamer64 View Post
Actually, there are more then a few ways they can further improve the security and prevention of gold buying. As a WoW player myself there are a number of issues surrounding the game which allow people to effectively farm and have near limitless quantities of gold.

Gold cap - The current cap per character is 1 million gold. So for every account that has been hacked you could have 10 characters on a single realm for a total of 10 million gold. It all becomes multiplicative in the end. Blizzard can easily rectify this issue by capping gold income per week like they do so many other currencies in the game, plus lowering the overall gold quantity a character can hold to something more reasonable.

Compromised Accounts - They could easily just ban people accessing accounts outside their registered locations if they took the time to trace IP addresses like the authentication servers do now.

World Exploiting - Not once has Blizzard ever actually patched in fixes to prevent zone exploiting in an expansion since I started playing in Burning Crusade. I have seen my share of underground miners and herb farmers since then. One would think that they would have fixed all these issues while a game is in beta.

Bots - Blizzard could easily disable all mods and add-ons that work with World of WarCraft if they wanted to, and there are mods that can farm materials for you to sell.
I'm glad you don't work for Blizzard. Your ideas are terrible and do nothing but hurt the legit players. Gold cap... really?

The best way to stop gold farmers is to enter their market yourself. However with a game like WoW, that would not be wise. D3 however is perfect since diablo relies on trading and is all about farming items.
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
i7k
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asrock z87 Extreme6 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2TB Seagate Barracuda Deepcool Assassin Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung KS8000 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll ASUS VG248QE SAMSUNG 2433BW Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Series 850W Corsair 750D Logitech G600 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post
I'm glad you don't work for Blizzard. Your ideas are terrible and do nothing but hurt the legit players. Gold cap... really?

The best way to stop gold farmers is to enter their market yourself. However with a game like WoW, that would not be wise. D3 however is perfect since diablo relies on trading and is all about farming items.
I find myself agreeing with all your posts regarding D3.
+1
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) ASUS P8P67-M PRO Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Ripjaws-X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SpinPoint 500GB @ 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" UltraSharp U2412M IPS Steelseries 7G 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 850W Xion (white) Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 650 w/ Fiio E7+E9 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) ASUS P8P67-M PRO Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Ripjaws-X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SpinPoint 500GB @ 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 24" UltraSharp U2412M IPS Steelseries 7G 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX 850W Xion (white) Steelseries Xai Steelseries 9HD 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 650 w/ Fiio E7+E9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 182
I'm just worried about gold "FARMS". 20 computers with 4 D3 running with a bot.
Standard
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i4670k Asus Z87-PRO Gigabyte Windforce HD7950 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB SSD 1 TB Samsung 7200rpm LG 22X DVD Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit AOC LED and HP LCD Leopold 200FCR Black OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill Blackbone Kinzu Steelseries QCK Xonar DX with Superlux HD 681 EVO 
  hide details  
Reply
Standard
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i4670k Asus Z87-PRO Gigabyte Windforce HD7950 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB SSD 1 TB Samsung 7200rpm LG 22X DVD Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit AOC LED and HP LCD Leopold 200FCR Black OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill Blackbone Kinzu Steelseries QCK Xonar DX with Superlux HD 681 EVO 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 182
Well... Inflation will make farming useless.
post #26 of 182
I don't think there really is anything Blizzard can do to stop the farmers, however I didn't expect this to be implemented. Regardless I'm still going to be playing it and so are millions of others.
Linux Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel | 3770K Asrock | Extreme3 gen3 EVGA | GTX 560 TI G.Skill| 16GB | 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD | Black | 1TB OCZ | Vertex 4 | 512GB Samsung | 22x CM | Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorPower
Linux | Mint 13 Cinnamon | x64 Windows 7 | Ultimate | x64 Samsung | T260 Corsair | 750w 
Case
CM | HAF 932 | Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Linux Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel | 3770K Asrock | Extreme3 gen3 EVGA | GTX 560 TI G.Skill| 16GB | 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD | Black | 1TB OCZ | Vertex 4 | 512GB Samsung | 22x CM | Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorPower
Linux | Mint 13 Cinnamon | x64 Windows 7 | Ultimate | x64 Samsung | T260 Corsair | 750w 
Case
CM | HAF 932 | Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 182
I guess I can't be simple. I believe this IS what Blizzard is doing to stop farmers. By implementing a mass market and degrading the worth of all items by making it easy for everyone to sell any rarity of item they are making it harder for a farmer to truly profit from their trade. They will literally be drowning the market.
post #28 of 182
As long as I can play private games with my friends the gold farmers and traders can go forth and multiply by themselves.
post #29 of 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Translation: "Yes we know we're encouraging gold farming sweatshops, but we don't care. All your money are belong to us."

Seriously, that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. "Yes we know the problem exists. We're cool with it. Our games are awesome. Buy them."
Third party trading/buying was/is HUGE in D2. Can you blame Blizzard for wanting a slice of that? Also no one is forcing you to spend actual money if you want to trade. There is another auction house that uses in-game gold for trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy61 View Post
actually he is right. the graphics for D3 are very unimpressive. out of all the new elements of D3... you must play online, the auction house, everything... I am most disappointed with the graphics.
Advanced graphic options will more than likely be unlocked/added just like SCII. Auction houses are a good thing IMO, this eliminates the needs to visit third party websites/forums for trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo1663 View Post
Oh and what about bots? I played Silkroad Online years ago and they had these programs that played for you and people made loads of real USD selling the gold/items with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitd_kim View Post
I'm just worried about gold "FARMS". 20 computers with 4 D3 running with a bot.
Mods/bots are being forcefully banned by Blizzard in DIII.

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...ds-banned.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post
Beta.

The game most likely doesn't have full graphics options yet. I mean seriously, you really think they wouldn't add AA? SC2 has FULL of graphics options. D3 will be no different.

Also I agree with Blizzard. Players that play a lot and farm are really doing the same thing as gold farmers. D3 pretty much encourages it what with MFing and all.

Blizzard just wants a piece of the third party item selling market that was huge in d2. Can't blame them. Heck I'm happy they're adding this because now I don't have to go to third party sites to sell items.

For anyone with no experience selling virtual items/currency, you can make hundreds of dollars doing this. It can be a part time job if you play enough. Heck people have made businesses out of selling virtual items.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
Well... Inflation will make farming useless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
I guess I can't be simple. I believe this IS what Blizzard is doing to stop farmers. By implementing a mass market and degrading the worth of all items by making it easy for everyone to sell any rarity of item they are making it harder for a farmer to truly profit from their trade. They will literally be drowning the market.
There was already a huge market in DII and it was already easy to trade/sell items. You and I both do not know how saturated the market will be with items, there is no way to tell at this point.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 182
I miss playing diablo 2 by reading this thread lol.
Daily Workhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Z87-GD65 Asus GTX 660 DC2-OC  G.Skill RipjawsX 4x4GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 60GB none Noctua NH-U12P Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM CoolerMaster Quick Fire CMStorm Red Corsair 650HX Lian Li PC-K9WX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Creative X-Fi HD USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Daily Workhorse
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670K MSI Z87-GD65 Asus GTX 660 DC2-OC  G.Skill RipjawsX 4x4GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 60GB none Noctua NH-U12P Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM CoolerMaster Quick Fire CMStorm Red Corsair 650HX Lian Li PC-K9WX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Creative X-Fi HD USB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Blizzard on Diablo 3: gold farmers and players “really doing the same activ