Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[MMO Champion]WoW's next X-pac is....

18K views 266 replies 124 participants last post by  Plex 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Yknow i play wow too, but just because blizzard puts a trade mark on something doesn't nessicarily mean thats the next X-pac, Wait for it to be announced at blizzcon, then discuss it.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayleyne
View Post

Yknow i play wow too, but just because blizzard puts a trade mark on something doesn't nessicarily mean thats the next X-pac, Wait for it to be announced at blizzcon, then discuss it.

Nobody really knows how bulldozer will perform but lots of people are discussing it as if they did..

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy;14442872
I thought Cataclysm was supposed to be the last expansion???
Why'd you think that? It would be pretty crazy for Blizzard to stop producing content for a game that has more subscriptions, by far, than any other in it's genre. This game is still a huge cash cow for Blizzard.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segovax;14442747
They already need another Xpac?
tongue.gif
EverQuest has 17, and typically had one release every year, sometimes twice a year.

It's not about the game "losing hype", it's about pumping out content for the massive amount of people who play the game.

#18 ·
Yea I've played since release. I think Cata is my last expansion. I'll either just play FPS (recently got mega hooked on BFBC2) or replace it with SWTOR. For me the game has just lost too much of its wonder. Or maybe I'm just alot older, 7 years is a hell of along time to play the same game. Also all of my RL friends have quit for about 2 years now. . .

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMac84;14442884
I just want there to be more focus on something other than raiding.
You must be new to the MMO world. Considering raiding is the main purpose of the game. That's like saying 'I hope the focus of BF3 shifts away from shooting bullets.' The game doesn't start until you reach max level and can raid. There's always PVP but without raiding being the main focus then it's not an MMO.

Anyways, I remember hearing a rumor some time ago that Blizz would do one more expansion before making a new MMO IP. Which wouldn't surprise me, even though WoW still has the biggest pop of any MMO out it is steadily declining from where it once was. Blizzard would be foolish to not be preparing for something new.

#20 ·
From a rumored roapmap from Blizzard, Source, there are supposed to be 2 more expansions coming for WoW, one in 2012 and one in 2014. But we shall see, it's only a rumor.

#23 ·
WoW or not, Blizzard will milk it until it's long past dead. As long as they are getting $$$, it doesn't matter to them.

#25 ·
Wow will keep going until something as big from Blizz replaces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.