Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Low profile keys v mechanical keyboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low profile keys v mechanical keyboard - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 

TwoCables, I wish I didn't want backlighting, because I totally believe what you say about the quality of Filco Majestouch. But yeah, I really do love backlit keyboards, I think I have to make a compromise there. After the lycosa and going back temporarily to my old cheap keyboard, I really miss the backlighting.

I read on this forum that the Qpad MK-80 is a rebranded Xarmor keyboard, which we don't get in the UK. Here's a video of it, I think it looks pretty nice.


Can't understand a word since the guy isn't speaking english, but it's the best quality vid I could find which shows the keyboard. Also, it got voted highly here http://www.gamersedge.co.uk/top-10/top-10-keyboards/
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5 View Post
TwoCables, I wish I didn't want backlighting, because I totally believe what you say about the quality of Filco Majestouch. But yeah, I really do love backlit keyboards, I think I have to make a compromise there. After the lycosa and going back temporarily to my old cheap keyboard, I really miss the backlighting.
Don't get me wrong: I missed it too. In fact, I think it took me more than a week to get over it (which was painless). However, I never needed the backlighting, so it was easy to forget about it. Just like anything else, it takes time.

So if you don't need the backlighting, then maybe it's time to upgrade to a keyboard that's full of class and sophistication.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5 View Post
I read on this forum that the Qpad MK-80 is a rebranded Xarmor keyboard, which we don't get in the UK. Here's a video of it, I think it looks pretty nice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A8oZWsRp9o
Yeah, it looks identical to the Xarmor! I mean as soon as I glanced at the still shot of this video, I said "wait, isn't that an Xarmor U9BL?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5 View Post
Can't understand a word since the guy isn't speaking english, but it's the best quality vid I could find which shows the keyboard. Also, it got voted highly here http://www.gamersedge.co.uk/top-10/top-10-keyboards/
As long as other mechanical keyboard enthusiasts recommend it, then I will too. However, I can't say anything about it because today is the first time I've ever seen it.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
Don't get me wrong: I missed it too. In fact, I think it took me more than a week to get over it (which was painless). However, I never needed the backlighting, so it was easy to forget about it. Just like anything else, it takes time.

So if you don't need the backlighting, then maybe it's time to upgrade to a keyboard that's full of class and sophistication.



Yeah, it looks identical to the Xarmor! I mean as soon as I glanced at the still shot of this video, I said "wait, isn't that an Xarmor U9BL?"



As long as other mechanical keyboard enthusiasts recommend it, then I will too. However, I can't say anything about it because today is the first time I've ever seen it.
Even so, I'd be interested to know if others on this forum have the Qpad or the Xarmor and if they would recommend it. If I were to buy it, I'd have to call up the place that is doing my RMA and if they haven't already packed a new lycosa for me, I'd ask them if I could pay the extra £45 and have the Qpad instead. Also, the place doing my RMA doesn't do filco or DAS, the only mech keyboards they have are the Black Widow, the Qpad, and the TT eSports MEKA G1.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
Wait for the Ducky Shine.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 

That Ducky Shine (great name btw ) probably won't be a UK thing, prolly just be in the US?


I found a very interesting video review comparing filco to xarmor. Since the xarmor is basically the same as the Qpad I'm considering, tell me what you think after watching this.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 18
I just paused the video at the point where he is about to demonstrate the keyboards: what he doesn't know is that the rubber coating on the Xarmor might wear out much faster than he is expecting because as he said, his hands are usually clammy (usually slightly sweaty/damp on the palm side).

My solution: don't use your keyboard unless your fingers are very clean and very dry.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
I just paused the video at the point where he is about to demonstrate the keyboards: what he doesn't know is that the rubber coating on the Xarmor might wear out much faster than he is expecting because as he said, his hands are usually clammy (usually slightly sweaty/damp on the palm side).

My solution: don't use your keyboard unless your fingers are very clean and very dry.
My Lycosa has rubber coating and I'm always careful to have clean dry hands before typing on it.

Anyway, I just rang up the RMA people and asked them if I'd be allowed to pay the difference between my Lycosa and the Qpad and buy the Qpad instead of replacing the Lycosa. They won't let me do that.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 550BE O/C @ stock 3.1 Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev 2.0 Sapphire HD 5850 Extreme 1GB Patriot Viper 2x2GB DDR2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 830 128GB / WD Caviar Black 1TB sat... Sony Optiarc AD 7243S W7 x64 23" Samsung S23A700D 3D+120Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa XFX Pro 650w Core Edition CM 690. 5x120mm fans: AC Ryan, Xigmatek, Enermax Logitech MX518 1800dpi 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries qck mini. Puretrak Stealth. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
I wonder what he has against Elitekeyboards?
Quote:
@stevowonders Glad it helped! Take a look at the bottom of the review on my web page for links. I actually bought my Filco through Elite Keyboards, but they no longer stock them nor would I recommend purchasing from there. ultraconsumerDOTcom/?p=139
ultraconsumer 3 months ago
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Keyboard
Lots of them 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Low profile keys v mechanical keyboard