Originally Posted by Not A Good Idea;14450475
Force Enable Aero in Windows 7
1. Click on Start and type regedit at run
2. Now Navigate to the following registry key:
3. In the right details pane, create following Three DWORD (32-bit value) entry
UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0.
Blur, and set its value to 0.
Animations, and set its value to 0.
4. Close Regedit
5. Click on Start and type CMD with administrative Priviliges
6. Now type following command
Net Stop uxsms
Net Start uxsms
Above command will stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
7. Now you can turn on Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Personalize -> Select Windows Colors
i had a funny issue once where i had to replace some files in a folder... if this doesnt work above ill try to see if i can find the folder solution.
Thanks, but it still won't work
Originally Posted by trojan92;14450509
re run Windows experience rating? always works for me, sometimes Aero doesn't wanna work and that's the only thing that enables it.
Yeah, I've run it a couple times. That's what always made it work for me
Originally Posted by Faster_is_better;14450511
Buggy drivers then? Maybe revert to older/non-beta.
Does it still do it after a restart? I know something called desktop compression, disables aero, but this probably isn't related.
I'd rather just stay on these then revert, if it's really a problem the new drivers should be out in a week or two. Yeah it still does it after a restart.