Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Purchased Corsair SP2500, Will a soundcard improve my sound/recommendations!:)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Purchased Corsair SP2500, Will a soundcard improve my sound/recommendations!:) - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Well i was on the same boat as TS recently and moving from Realtek ALC662 to my USB DAC/Headphone amp Fiio E7 was phenomenal! I dun game much so vastly more for music and some movies and very happy with this purchase hehe I use more speakers vastly more than cans/iems on desktop/home and cans/iems for my personal netbook/work lappie ^^
Edited by trog - 8/5/11 at 8:08pm
El Pinguis Cattus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Heka 710 @ 3ghz UVOC Biostar A880G+ HD4250 Surroundview with discret... Sapphire HD 4670 HDMI, Videomate Compro X50 (An... 2 X 2 GB KVR 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB, Hauppauge HVR-3000 (Digital FTA + STB) LG DVDRW SATA W7 Ult / Ubuntu 11.04 64 bits Acer X233H + 32" Panny LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
iPazzport RF HTPC kb/trackpad combo CM Silent Pro M500 Chenming Clone shoebox Pioneer VSX-416 + Kenwood LSK-727 Floor Standers  
  hide details  
Reply
El Pinguis Cattus
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Heka 710 @ 3ghz UVOC Biostar A880G+ HD4250 Surroundview with discret... Sapphire HD 4670 HDMI, Videomate Compro X50 (An... 2 X 2 GB KVR 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB, Hauppauge HVR-3000 (Digital FTA + STB) LG DVDRW SATA W7 Ult / Ubuntu 11.04 64 bits Acer X233H + 32" Panny LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
iPazzport RF HTPC kb/trackpad combo CM Silent Pro M500 Chenming Clone shoebox Pioneer VSX-416 + Kenwood LSK-727 Floor Standers  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hey guys after reading numerous reviews im finding it very difficult to choose one frown.gif

Does anyone have any personal experience with either the Asus Xonar DX or Creative X-Fi Titanium

I was going to go for the Titanium as lots of reviews say there good at games, but a lot say the Xonar is! so basically im stuck in the middle:(

Primarily i want it for gaming: Dirt3, BC2, WoW (Up coming BF3! Elder: Skyrim, Guild wars 2) but enjoy a bit of music now and then

I see the Xonar has more Dolby, But the X-Fi is THX Certified will any of these make a massive difference to gaming?

I also heard that the X-Fi has better EAX does this make a difference?

Sorry for the newbish questions again, all this audio stuff is way over my head rolleyes.gif

Any help is much appreciated! smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz w/1.25 Vcore Asus P6X58D-E Asus GTX480 6Gb Corsair Dominators 1600mhz Tri Chan 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120gb Corsair force GT 1Tb Samsung F3 Noctua NH-D14 Zalman VF3000F 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 27" iiyama G2773HS 120hz Steelseries Stealth Merc Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz w/1.25 Vcore Asus P6X58D-E Asus GTX480 6Gb Corsair Dominators 1600mhz Tri Chan 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120gb Corsair force GT 1Tb Samsung F3 Noctua NH-D14 Zalman VF3000F 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 27" iiyama G2773HS 120hz Steelseries Stealth Merc Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiggins7;14497938 
Hey guys after reading numerous reviews im finding it very difficult to choose one frown.gif

Does anyone have any personal experience with either the Asus Xonar DX or Creative X-Fi Titanium

I was going to go for the Titanium as lots of reviews say there good at games, but a lot say the Xonar is! so basically im stuck in the middle:(

Primarily i want it for gaming: Dirt3, BC2, WoW (Up coming BF3! Elder: Skyrim, Guild wars 2) but enjoy a bit of music now and then

I see the Xonar has more Dolby, But the X-Fi is THX Certified will any of these make a massive difference to gaming?

I also heard that the X-Fi has better EAX does this make a difference?

Sorry for the newbish questions again, all this audio stuff is way over my head rolleyes.gif

Any help is much appreciated! smile.gif


Those games don't utilize EAX so that's probably irrelevant. Xonar cards can emulate EAX, but X-fi cards are certainly better at it. THX certified is irrelevant nonsense. For music, I'd take the Xonar any day, and for most games the Xonar is just as good as the X-fi. For BC2, the Xonar suffers, and the X-fi will be a much better option. I listen to a lot of music and while I love BC2 I don't really play it competitively, so I went with the Xonar. It's also worth mentioning the Xonar drivers tend to be more stable.

So if BC2 is a huge deal, go with X-fi. Otherwise, DX/D1 (same card, but PCI-e/PCI respectively).

EDIT: just to mention, I've used both cards pretty extensively, if that matters.
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon;14498696 
Those games don't utilize EAX so that's probably irrelevant. Xonar cards can emulate EAX, but X-fi cards are certainly better at it. THX certified is irrelevant nonsense. For music, I'd take the Xonar any day, and for most games the Xonar is just as good as the X-fi. For BC2, the Xonar suffers, and the X-fi will be a much better option. I listen to a lot of music and while I love BC2 I don't really play it competitively, so I went with the Xonar. It's also worth mentioning the Xonar drivers tend to be more stable.

So if BC2 is a huge deal, go with X-fi. Otherwise, DX/D1 (same card, but PCI-e/PCI respectively).

EDIT: just to mention, I've used both cards pretty extensively, if that matters.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback,

I really dont play BC2 that much any more only occasionally but not sure if BF3 will be the same, great on one card etc baaasmiley.gif

They both sound like quite good cards for the price point i think its swaying Xonar side (Kinda a Asus fanboi:p Never had a problem with any of there products etc)

Just want a overall gaming card, Looks like more reading to be done tongue.gif

EDIT: Out of the 2 which would you say you prefere for gaming Nargon?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz w/1.25 Vcore Asus P6X58D-E Asus GTX480 6Gb Corsair Dominators 1600mhz Tri Chan 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120gb Corsair force GT 1Tb Samsung F3 Noctua NH-D14 Zalman VF3000F 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 27" iiyama G2773HS 120hz Steelseries Stealth Merc Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz w/1.25 Vcore Asus P6X58D-E Asus GTX480 6Gb Corsair Dominators 1600mhz Tri Chan 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120gb Corsair force GT 1Tb Samsung F3 Noctua NH-D14 Zalman VF3000F 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 27" iiyama G2773HS 120hz Steelseries Stealth Merc Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Naga Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiggins7;14499079 
Thanks for the fantastic feedback,

I really dont play BC2 that much any more only occasionally but not sure if BF3 will be the same, great on one card etc baaasmiley.gif

They both sound like quite good cards for the price point i think its swaying Xonar side (Kinda a Asus fanboi:p Never had a problem with any of there products etc)

Just want a overall gaming card, Looks like more reading to be done tongue.gif

EDIT: Out of the 2 which would you say you prefere for gaming Nargon?

Honestly I barely noticed any difference in almost all the games I tried, BC 2 being the only exception. I did notice a difference in music, and the Xonar sounded better to my ears. AFAIK Dice plans to solve the problem with Xonar cards in BF3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Purchased Corsair SP2500, Will a soundcard improve my sound/recommendations!:)