Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Help with new BIOS!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help with new BIOS!!!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey, I just bought a P67 Saber tooth and an Intel 2600k and when I power on, it runs for like 10 seconds, then it restarts, and then runs fine, also when I go into the new BIOS thing, it looks like this: [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] Also, I cannot scroll down to see all the options in the new BIOS thing. Please help if you know whats happening!
post #2 of 9
The restart thing is just a bug, it can usually be fixed with a BIOS update.

As for the artifacts, do you get them only when you're in the BIOS?
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
The restart thing is just a bug, it can usually be fixed with a BIOS update.

As for the artifacts, do you get them only when you're in the BIOS?
Yes, I only get the artifacts in the BIOS
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDivision View Post
Yes, I only get the artifacts in the BIOS
I was going to suggest that it might be a graphics card or connection issue but if the problem only occurs in the BIOS then that's probably not the case.

Have you tried updating your BIOS?
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
I was going to suggest that it might be a graphics card or connection issue but if the problem only occurs in the BIOS then that's probably not the case.

Have you tried updating your BIOS?
No, I don't know how to update my BIOS... And also my computer crashed, and before it did I got this warning: [IMG][/IMG]
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDivision View Post
No, I don't know how to update my BIOS... And also my computer crashed, and before it did I got this warning: [IMG][/IMG]
I can tell you how to update your BIOS, maybe that will fix something; as for the windows error, that's out of my league. Maybe some Windows geniuses could help..

BIOS update:

Method 1: Using AI suite (very easy)
- Open AI suite
- click "update" tab
- click "asus update"
- then select one of the options to update your BIOS, personally I download and extract the BIOS file from the Asus Support website first then use the "Update BIOS from file" option.

Method 2: Through USB
- Download and extract the BIOS file from the Asus Support website, and put the file on USB.
- Reboot, go to BIOS (make sure your USB is plugged in) and under (i think) the "Tools" tab, there should be a BIOS update feature.
- Use the BIOS file on your USB to update.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
I can tell you how to update your BIOS, maybe that will fix something; as for the windows error, that's out of my league. Maybe some Windows geniuses could help..

BIOS update:

Method 1: Using AI suite (very easy)
- Open AI suite
- click "update" tab
- click "asus update"
- then select one of the options to update your BIOS, personally I download and extract the BIOS file from the Asus Support website first then use the "Update BIOS from file" option.

Method 2: Through USB
- Download and extract the BIOS file from the Asus Support website, and put the file on USB.
- Reboot, go to BIOS (make sure your USB is plugged in) and under (i think) the "Tools" tab, there should be a BIOS update feature.
- Use the BIOS file on your USB to update.
K, I am trying to update right now, I will get back to you with the news
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Well, I updated it and it is still tearing, and now I got this message: [IMG][/IMG]
post #9 of 9
Enter your bios and set hdd priority (hdd with os ) and reboot.
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
My CM sniper
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8ghz @ 1.4v. ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 EVGA gtx470 SC GSKILL SNIPER DDR3 1600 2X4 9.9.9.24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
CRUCIAL 64GB SSD 1-VR300 4X F3 1TB SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD BURNER WINDOWZ 7 64BIT 23'' ACER P235H WS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 V 2007 CORSAIR TX750 CM STORM SNIPER/ MODDED OCZ DOMINATRIX 
Mouse PadAudio
ALL OVER THE TABLE ON BOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Help with new BIOS!!!