Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] You Can't Buy BF3 on STEAM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] You Can't Buy BF3 on STEAM - Page 36

post #351 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
What is your point in highlighting the wrondoings of the companies you cited ? Did you hear me defending them ? No, you didn't. And you are obviously not going to stay away from them either, so it's a moot point from that perspective.

It is called hypocrisy. Blaming EA for misconduct, and therefore implying you won't buy their products, but in turn support other vendors that have done far, far worse things.

Quote:
The difference between you and me is that you have to resort to using words like "stupid" "idiotic" and "really pathetic" to make an argument.
The difference here is, is that I have continously, been on-topic, while you try to make an argument by playing with words.
I am really sorry, but if my adjectives are part of your defence, than we're through arguing.


Quote:
And what can you really say about a game released late ? Is that affecting your rights ?
Yes, correctly informing me about an update for a game, is definitely my right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
What do you prefer, a proper game or a game released ahead of what it should have been, full of bugs and with a less than brilliant gameplay and global gamer satisfaction ?
REALLY? Steam, somehow, magically makes games better? Removes bugs and vastly improves gameplay!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
And you misread what I said. I said "EA would improve their reputation", I didn't say EA would "win the respect and trust back from" me. Learn to read
The best argument you've made thus far. Also, learn to spell and apply grammar properly. Thank you.

Quote:
And that Valve time argument ? Please, you are even quoting themselves. Those guys even have a sense of humour to post it on their site, making fun of themselves. And what can you really say about a game released late ? Is that affecting your rights ?
So, if every company would make a wiki, where they would make fun of themselves of their misconduct, that would, apparently, make it alright?
I am still waiting on Episode 3 which was promised in 2007, but apparently, them ignoring me as a returning customer, or the millions of others is quite alright, because they "make fun of themselves".

Quote:
What is your point in highlighting the wrondoings of the companies you cited ? Did you hear me defending them ? No, you didn't. And you are obviously not going to stay away from them either, so it's a moot point from that perspective.
I am not implying that I am not buying a product because I don't "trust" them. You are.
My case still stands. I wasn't making the point because you 'wrote' you were defending them. Learn to read, I posted my motivations for posting them.
Edited by SoulThief - 8/9/11 at 1:58pm
Black Artery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790k Asus Formula VII Ranger MSI GTX 980 Gaming 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hitachi Windows 8.1 LG Flatron W2452T Full HD + Samsung 2433 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Antec Carbide R500 Logitech G502 
Audio
Creative X-FI Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Artery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790k Asus Formula VII Ranger MSI GTX 980 Gaming 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Hitachi Windows 8.1 LG Flatron W2452T Full HD + Samsung 2433 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G105 Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Antec Carbide R500 Logitech G502 
Audio
Creative X-FI Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #352 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Dear EA,

I HATE you.

I HATE Origin.

I bash you on the OCN forums daily.

I wish for you to fail in your venture to compete with steam.

I believe you to be the Hitler of PC gaming.

Your failure would benefit the world.

Please allow me to purchase BF3 on steam, because I love steam. I'll be your best friend if you do!!!!

From your best friend, Bratty Psychopath Mc.Derangedguy.

P.S
Steam >>>>>>>>> Origin
Valve >>>>>>>>>> EA

Suck it.
Straw man.

Looks like you STILL don't grasp the issue.
http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...l#post14517583
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
God this is still going? What is left to argue about?

With EAs recent track record:
The #1 issue going on right now is that people simply do not trust EA. After hearing that this guy had is game invalidated b/c of a simple post on their forums I will never trust EA with Origin.

Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 8/9/11 at 1:58pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #353 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
This is the problem with this thread. People don't follow the conversations.

I was replying to that person who was making an argument that included that. So HE was talking about that, and I was replying to him and him alone. Besides, where did you take it that I said it would be a better game if it was on Steam ? Again, same problem, you didn't read it properly.
Nice try again but this is what you said and this is what I replied to:

How do you guys know ? And even if there was criticism - what is the problem with that ? Aren't people allowed to express their opinions and want a better game with more options ?

I will say again releasing the game on steam does not make it a better game. Don't say something then try to cover your behind by saying I didn't read properly
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #354 of 403
Well I got one thing to say talking to Orgin is much easier than steam, Just got off the phone with them they fixed me right up plus gave me a code for 15% off any game, LOL
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #355 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
I'm complaining because I don't trust EADM (Origin) after they lost my Metro2033 game, after I had already paid for it. They told me tough, buy it again.

No thanks, if it requires Origin (EADM), then I will not buy it, period, end of story.
That happened to me with BF2142. They asked me to buy it again its on sale! I said fine ill pay the 5 bucks but for some reason I can't use paypal why? they said well for sales like this we do not offer paypal.

Hmm I wonder why.. oh yeah they are trying to get us to have a credit card on file. Sneaky sneaky
K Series
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 GTX 970  GSkillz 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
M500 128GB Windows 8.1 64-Bit Samsung 23" EDGE 750W 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
Reply
K Series
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 GTX 970  GSkillz 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
M500 128GB Windows 8.1 64-Bit Samsung 23" EDGE 750W 
Case
Fractal R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #356 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
COMMON REALITY AMONGST MOST COMPLAINERS.

Looks like you STILL don't grasp the issue.
http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...l#post14517583
Fixed.

Also, are you going to back down if I start linking to every steam horror story I can find?

If not, then why is your isolated instance of a guy being banned and a few other incidents supposed to be an arguing point as if it doesn't happen with the alternative?

Or do bad customer experiences only happen with EA?
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #357 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2142 View Post
That happened to me with BF2142. They asked me to buy it again its on sale! I said fine ill pay the 5 bucks but for some reason I can't use paypal why? they said well for sales like this we do not offer paypal.

Hmm I wonder why.. oh yeah they are trying to get us to have a credit card on file. Sneaky sneaky
LoL i'm adding you to the list.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #358 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Fixed.
LoL really do you work for EA? That was ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Also, are you going to back down if I start linking to every steam horror story I can find?

If not, then why is your isolated instance of a guy being banned supposed to be an arguing point as if it doesn't happen with the alternative?

Or do bad customer experiences only happen with EA?
A guy being banned on the forums that carries over to ALL his EA games. Quite a difference.

And feel free to link all the people who had steam horror stories, no one is stopping you, but try to at least make sure they're valid complaints and not just start copy + pasting a random google search.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #359 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
Congrats you ran a search.

1. Considering you haven't taken the time to sift through a single one of them to find a valid complaint, your point is moot. While we're at it why don't we start believing everything everyone says online without any further proof or info.

I guess 2500 MW2 players being banned by steam for no reason are not valid complaints, or the numerous unnecessary vac bans in games

2. Every software will have its share of issues, the main issues that come into play are the PERCENTAGE of people with issues and what customer service does about it. From what we've seen from other OCN members, EA's customer service is piss poor

This thread alone insures that OCN is not a suitable source for logical info; I have seen people say Origins takes up 300mb of memory, or Origins cannot be closed while playing a game


Have any examples of this? I'm sure after 7 years you must have an example we can put to the test.

What about the people who still have their games from EAs download service, you act as if everyone who bought games years ago from EADM doesnt have them anymore



Sucks to be you. Go to a local store or buy somewhere else.

Isnt that what every logical poster in this thread is arguing? If you dont like Origins buy BF3 somewhere else?


You seem to exaggerate the problems of EADM and fail to mention steam's problems. I love steam to but they are far from perfect.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #360 of 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulThief View Post
It is called hypocrisy. Blaming EA for misconduct, and therefore implying you won't buy their products, but in turn support other vendors that have done far, far worse things.

I am really sorry, but if my adjectives are part of your defense, than we're through with arguing.

Yes, correctly informing me about an update for a game, is definitely my right.

REALLY? Steam, somehow, magically makes games better? Removes bugs and vastly improves gameplay!?

The best argument you've made thus far. Also, learn to spell and apply grammar properly. Thank you.

So, if every company would make a wiki, where they would make fun of themselves of their misconduct, that would, apparently, make it alright?
I am still waiting on Episode 3 which was promised in 2007, but apparently, them ignoring me as a returning customer, or the millions of others is quite alright, because they "make fun of themselves".

Your adjectives should have never been in your defense. That is the point. That shows just how insecure you are in arguing. And then that shows by how you go nitpicking because I wrote "if" instead of "is" and forgot an apostrophe somewhere. And what grammar are you talking about ? People make slight mistakes that don't affect you from perfectly understanding the content. Get serious.


So, just because Steam has faults, which I even aknowledged in this very same thread, somehow I cannot point out EA's faults ?

How hypocritical are you for pointing out Intel's faults when you are using a CPU that is even more recent than mine ? Seriously, what point are you trying to make ?


And as to your rights concerning Valve, look at the link you provided. Most of the Valve Time stories are about either free game updates - TF2 - to which you have no legal right at all, or about a Valve game release date.

By the way, what right do you have to buy HL2:EP3 ?

NONE! If they want to, they can say they are packing their bags, they will no longer produce any games, and you can't do anything about it. You have no legal right to it. At all.
Edited by tpi2007 - 8/9/11 at 2:17pm
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] You Can't Buy BF3 on STEAM