Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 237

post #2361 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

What about his tweets saying that the Bee wasn't nerfed enough, and if you disagree, you must like broken games.
Then when someone replied "way to alienate your paying customers," Randy's reply was "most people are cool, but some are dick headed."
In one fell-swoop, he called anyone upset by the nerf a ******** who enjoys broken games.
That man does not deserve my money.

then stop playing BL2 and give away your steam account.

like i said i havent read all the twitter posts. i would rather continue enjoying the game. im not a hardcore gamer so being told i like broken games doesnt mean much because i have never played a game i thought was broken. to me a game is either fun or not. a "broken" game as you put it is still fun to the rest of us. so unless you have something positive to say about the game maybe you should also move on instead of trying to convert everyone to the "i hate randy and gearbox and BL2 club" wink.gif
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2362 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

Are you forgetting that he was expressing distaste at Randy's insulting comments towards people who dupe? While there may be plenty of people who have 20 hours to waste in order to receive 2-3 items that help them make an already disgustingly difficult endgame marginally less difficult, there are also plenty of other people who would rather just play the game.
Insulting players who do that (and nerfing the bee) is basically the developer's way of saying "No! Bad player! You're wrong for doing it that way! Do it the way I told you!"
You're fooling yourself if you think that zinfinion is even CLOSE to the only person upset about this. Gearbox has negatively affected thousands and thousands of players' enjoyment of the endgame material, while Randy's comment was an insult directed at a a large portion of his endgame fanbase.
While in the grand scheme of things, this is the tiniest of tiny issues, it also points out one glaring detail: They (Gearbox) will change the game as they will, and no one is allowed to have any say in the matter. How is that acceptable?
You know, I faced this exact same ridicule when I boycotted Diablo 3 upon hearing the always-online requirement. Sure it's a small issue, but it's indicative of an overall management attitude that I refuse to support.

This makes it even funnier to me honestly. Because Randy got mad at the folks being mad at him, Z decides to boycott GB and stop playing BL2... That's so ridiculous to me. My Dad is that kind of person, and it's hilarious. He now hates Clint Eastwood because of the whole debacle at the RNC and refuses to see his movies. I on the other hand, still respect Clint as an actor and director, that doesn't mean I'm ok with what he said, but you know what? I can separate those two things and still enjoys the films he makes. Z, apparently cannot separate Randy's comments from the game he clearly enjoyed until this whole debacle. THAT to me is so sad, that because someone made some stupid comments, and the dev nerfed one item and that completely kills your fun and support says to me that he's completely wound too tight about gaming, and needs a serious break.

Your argument about D3 was perfectly logical, requiring the game to be online ALL the time WAS stupid, and the only reason it was there was so Blizz could make more money via cuts from the RMAH. They can claim security all they want, but that WAS the reason. You cannot compare that to this though.
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2363 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post

then stop playing BL2 and give away your steam account.
like i said i havent read all the twitter posts. i would rather continue enjoying the game. im not a hardcore gamer so being told i like broken games doesnt mean much because i have never played a game i thought was broken. to me a game is either fun or not. a "broken" game as you put it is still fun to the rest of us. so unless you have something positive to say about the game maybe you should also move on instead of trying to convert everyone to the "i hate randy and gearbox and BL2 club" wink.gif

Talk about an absurd knee-jerk reaction. For the record, I'm not trying to convert anyone; I'm defending and explaining my viewpoint in this matter. While you may be perfectly satisfied with just playing the game in front of you, there are also plenty of people who are interested in what their money is going to support. I (and many others) am not comfortable supporting someone who insults me for not liking permanent changes they (in their infinite wisdom) thought the game needed (which I also disagree with). If they had allowed people to skip updates and only play with other people who had skipped updates, I would be perfectly fine, as would almost all the angry voices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

This makes it even funnier to me honestly. Because Randy got mad at the folks being mad at him, Z decides to boycott GB and stop playing BL2... That's so ridiculous to me. My Dad is that kind of person, and it's hilarious. He now hates Clint Eastwood because of the whole debacle at the RNC and refuses to see his movies. I on the other hand, still respect Clint as an actor and director, that doesn't mean I'm ok with what he said, but you know what? I can separate those two things and still enjoys the films he makes. Z, apparently cannot separate Randy's comments from the game he clearly enjoyed until this whole debacle. THAT to me is so sad, that because someone made some stupid comments, and the dev nerfed one item and that completely kills your fun and support says to me that he's completely wound too tight about gaming, and needs a serious break.
Your argument about D3 was perfectly logical, requiring the game to be online ALL the time WAS stupid, and the only reason it was there was so Blizz could make more money via cuts from the RMAH. They can claim security all they want, but that WAS the reason. You cannot compare that to this though.

While it may seem like an overreaction, is there literally any other way to effectively express disagreement? If I bought groceries at a store that stopped carrying something I enjoyed, and when I asked the store manager about it, was told I have no taste, you'd better believe I'd stop shopping there.

The D3 thing was just an analogy, as an example of a company that makes (and defends) decisions that a large number of players are unhappy with.
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2364 of 3843
I like Borderlands 2, it's the most fun I've ever had on a shooting game and all those different weapons are just mesmerising to think about. I am only at lvl 27 on my first charater 'Zero' and the Minecraft Easter Egg is an awesome spin on the game which is fun enough by itself. There are a fue bug but not as many as you would exspect in a game like this and they are mainly terrain and graphic colour glitches. I don't like the way they did the Shift - Golden Key thing as it's hard to get hold of another and if you've just started playing the game your non the wiser that the higher your lvl the better the loot. There are a fue things I would have like to seen done different but in a whole the game isn't that bad and is a lot of fun with 3 friends but laggy connection can cause serious gliches to occur as I found out.
post #2365 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

Talk about an absurd knee-jerk reaction. For the record, I'm not trying to convert anyone; I'm defending and explaining my viewpoint in this matter. While you may be perfectly satisfied with just playing the game in front of you, there are also plenty of people who are interested in what their money is going to support. I (and many others) am not comfortable supporting someone who insults me for not liking permanent changes they (in their infinite wisdom) thought the game needed (which I also disagree with). If they had allowed people to skip updates and only play with other people who had skipped updates, I would be perfectly fine, as would almost all the angry voices.
While it may seem like an overreaction, is there literally any other way to effectively express disagreement? If I bought groceries at a store that stopped carrying something I enjoyed, and when I asked the store manager about it, was told I have no taste, you'd better believe I'd stop shopping there.
The D3 thing was just an analogy, as an example of a company that makes (and defends) decisions that a large number of players are unhappy with.

The whole point of all this is that what Randy says isn't a full representation of the company. Sure, Z may be upset, fine, but he still got well more than his money's worth out of the game. $60 for 313hrs of gameplay? Also, there is another way to express disagreement, they way everyone's already been doing it, using the net. Jumping straight to boycotting a company that releases games you clearly enjoy is just plain stupid to me. Boycotting GB means he'll miss out on Colonial Marine (if he was interested) the rest of the BL2 dlc, which he already paid for with the season pass) Furious 4 (if it's like the other BiA games it should be awesome) and BL3 (which you know they're going to make.

It's clearly a knee-jerk reaction to base your entire argument and hatred for a company and their games, off the angry, heat of the moment rantings of 1 person, regardless of his position in the company, and besides, isn't what Z doing, the EXACT same thing Randy was doing? (although less colorfully worded). Dumping the game, the company, and everyone in this thread because we don't agree or like what HE said?
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2366 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post

Lol.

nice one buddy!
post #2367 of 3843
What an awesome, fun game that I greatly enjoy playing. I'm glad they made it.
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
Taijin Kyofusho
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB MyDigitalSSD 960GB NZXT Kraken X61 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro LG 34UC88-B Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Red Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT S340 Corsair Sabre RGB HiVi Swans M10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2368 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

The whole point of all this is that what Randy says isn't a full representation of the company. Sure, Z may be upset, fine, but he still got well more than his money's worth out of the game. $60 for 313hrs of gameplay? Also, there is another way to express disagreement, they way everyone's already been doing it, using the net. Jumping straight to boycotting a company that releases games you clearly enjoy is just plain stupid to me. Boycotting GB means he'll miss out on Colonial Marine (if he was interested) the rest of the BL2 dlc, which he already paid for with the season pass) Furious 4 (if it's like the other BiA games it should be awesome) and BL3 (which you know they're going to make.
It's clearly a knee-jerk reaction to base your entire argument and hatred for a company and their games, off the angry, heat of the moment rantings of 1 person, regardless of his position in the company, and besides, isn't what Z doing, the EXACT same thing Randy was doing? (although less colorfully worded). Dumping the game, the company, and everyone in this thread because we don't agree or like what HE said?

It's not about getting your money's worth out of the game. It's not even about dropping a game that you still love to play. Clearly Z was at the point in his game where the only fun thing left was the endgame material (can you blame him after 300 hours?), and when they nerfed what was seen as a critical component of the endgame by many people, there was nothing left for him, so he dropped the game. How is that unreasonable? The whole point of this is that Gearbox, and its PRESIDENT, have shown that they have absolutely zero regard for anyone who even slightly disagrees with any of their decisions, and they have absolutely zero problems (and even feel justified) with forcing their decisions on all their customers, regardless of whether they agree with them or not. It's that this behavior now has cemented that Gearbox is overwhelmingly likely to do similar things in the future, and not all gamers are OK with supporting that kind of dictatorial control. All games make you agree to licensing agreements, it comes with the territory. Exercising that control, however, is a totally different matter.

Also, using the net to whine and complain against a company does absolutely zero good. Just look at how quick everyone was to jump to the defense of Gearbox in THIS thread. Gearbox doesn't give a flaming crap whether people are whining in threads on random forums. If a person played the game, and will buy the next game, then it doesn't matter if the complainers spent every single second of every single day cursing Gearbox, all of its employees, and all of their family members. Everyone knows that the only way to make your point clear is to vote with your wallet. Case in point, Randy's insult to anyone that disagrees with the nerf.

The easiest thing in the world would have been for Randy to simply say "The Bee shield was never intended to be that powerful, and we regret letting it go on for so long before we fixed it," and then leave it at that. Rather, he got butt-hurt at a tiny fraction of users who were insulting him over the internet, and lumped a large portion of his fans together in a retaliatory insult. I had a lot of fun with the Bee shield before it got nerfed, and regardless of my opinion of the nerf, was lumped in with Randy's insult of "in addition to being a dick head, you must enjoy broken games."

He is the PRESIDENT of that company. While he is just one man in the company's operation, he is undeniably the most powerful person in that organization, and inarguably the one man who would be able to get his way if he put his foot down. Isn't the first rule of leadership that you are responsible for everything?
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2369 of 3843
As long as they didn't nerf the skull smasher I can still smash skulls
Special fried H2O
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k P8Z77-V PRO evga geforce 980ti sc evga geforce 980ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skills sniper Crucial m4 Samsung spinpoint f3 Western Digital wd10eals-00z8a0 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate  Samsung spinpoint f3 Samsung spinpoint f3 Some bd rom atm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
xspc Raystorm Win 10 64 40' Crossover Ducky Shine White 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Crucial 850w NZxt Switch Razer Deathadder x Trax Ripper 
Audio
Klipsich 
  hide details  
Reply
Special fried H2O
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k P8Z77-V PRO evga geforce 980ti sc evga geforce 980ti sc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skills sniper Crucial m4 Samsung spinpoint f3 Western Digital wd10eals-00z8a0 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
seagate  Samsung spinpoint f3 Samsung spinpoint f3 Some bd rom atm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
xspc Raystorm Win 10 64 40' Crossover Ducky Shine White 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Crucial 850w NZxt Switch Razer Deathadder x Trax Ripper 
Audio
Klipsich 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2370 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

It's not about getting your money's worth out of the game. It's not even about dropping a game that you still love to play. Clearly Z was at the point in his game where the only fun thing left was the endgame material (can you blame him after 300 hours?), and when they nerfed what was seen as a critical component of the endgame by many people, there was nothing left for him, so he dropped the game. How is that unreasonable? The whole point of this is that Gearbox, and its PRESIDENT, have shown that they have absolutely zero regard for anyone who even slightly disagrees with any of their decisions, and they have absolutely zero problems (and even feel justified) with forcing their decisions on all their customers, regardless of whether they agree with them or not. It's that this behavior now has cemented that Gearbox is overwhelmingly likely to do similar things in the future, and not all gamers are OK with supporting that kind of dictatorial control. All games make you agree to licensing agreements, it comes with the territory. Exercising that control, however, is a totally different matter.
Also, using the net to whine and complain against a company does absolutely zero good. Just look at how quick everyone was to jump to the defense of Gearbox in THIS thread. Gearbox doesn't give a flaming crap whether people are whining in threads on random forums. If a person played the game, and will buy the next game, then it doesn't matter if the complainers spent every single second of every single day cursing Gearbox, all of its employees, and all of their family members. Everyone knows that the only way to make your point clear is to vote with your wallet. Case in point, Randy's insult to anyone that disagrees with the nerf.
The easiest thing in the world would have been for Randy to simply say "The Bee shield was never intended to be that powerful, and we regret letting it go on for so long before we fixed it," and then leave it at that. Rather, he got butt-hurt at a tiny fraction of users who were insulting him over the internet, and lumped a large portion of his fans together in a retaliatory insult. I had a lot of fun with the Bee shield before it got nerfed, and regardless of my opinion of the nerf, was lumped in with Randy's insult of "in addition to being a dick head, you must enjoy broken games."
He is the PRESIDENT of that company. While he is just one man in the company's operation, he is undeniably the most powerful person in that organization, and inarguably the one man who would be able to get his way if he put his foot down. Isn't the first rule of leadership that you are responsible for everything?

I don't agree with the nerf, nor his angry reaction to fans disapproval, but my point has always been, that no matter what, that's one person's opinion, and if you let THAT control your fun, your enjoyment of a game, you really need to take a step back from gaming. Aside from the fact that EVERY EULA in existence gives a company full control over it's IP. The fact that so few exercise that right doesn't mean they can't. Just as the argument was made that because it's in the EULA doesn't mean they should do it. Sorry, but you agreed to it upon buying it. Whether you like it or not, it happens, and will continue to happen.

Regardless of all that, my point about him and to a lesser extent, you (since you seem MUCH more calm about this than he was) letting the words of one man (regardless of his position) dictate your enjoyment or purchasing habits is absurd to me.
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread