Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 239

post #2381 of 3843
The more of your replies I read, Marafice, the more I realize you must never have used the Bee with the other legendaries. It was absolutely NOT gamebreaking. Overpowered? Sure. Gamebreaking? Only if you drink the Koolaid. The capacity of the shield was so ridiculously low that if an enemy got 1 or 2 shots off on you, you were down. For example, with my bee, my shield capacity (after bonuses) is like 24k. With a resistance-matching shield, it's 99k.

Killing raid bosses in 3-4 hits? Please tell me you're joking. Even Terramorphous (the only raid boss that the bee + conference call combo was actually useful on) took more like 3 clips, and given that he could kill ANY character in 2 hits (1 if you don't have good shield capacity because you're, oh I don't know, using the bee), it's far from gamebreaking. The bee is utterly useless against Master Gee, and only slightly less useless against Hyperius.

They made the raid bosses (the only endgame material at all) so ridiculously, insanely, impossibly overpowered that they threw a hissy-fit when players discovered the one thing that could come even close to restoring balance.

What they're going to find out now is that there are 1/3 or 1/4 as many players interested in the endgame content now. I used to join teams for raid battles all the time, but I haven't even touched my level 50 character since this update, and don't really think I will from here on out.

My 35ish mech is fun though.
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2382 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

I don't agree with the nerf, or what was said, but the fan (using the term lightly here...) overreaction was BEYOND ridiculous. I swear people hold company heads in WAY too high of a regard. They're normal folks like us who just happen to be the head of a company, doesn't make them any less human. FFS look at the insane reactions on OCN alone when someone has a differing opinion on something...

He still shouldn't have responded in the manner he did as what he says ends up representing the company as a whole.
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2383 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

The more of your replies I read, Marafice, the more I realize you must never have used the Bee with the other legendaries. It was absolutely NOT gamebreaking. Overpowered? Sure. Gamebreaking? Only if you drink the Koolaid. The capacity of the shield was so ridiculously low that if an enemy got 1 or 2 shots off on you, you were down. For example, with my bee, my shield capacity (after bonuses) is like 24k. With a resistance-matching shield, it's 99k.
Killing raid bosses in 3-4 hits? Please tell me you're joking. Even Terramorphous (the only raid boss that the bee + conference call combo was actually useful on) took more like 3 clips, and given that he could kill ANY character in 2 hits (1 if you don't have good shield capacity because you're, oh I don't know, using the bee), it's far from gamebreaking. The bee is utterly useless against Master Gee, and only slightly less useless against Hyperius.
They made the raid bosses (the only endgame material at all) so ridiculously, insanely, impossibly overpowered that they threw a hissy-fit when players discovered the one thing that could come even close to restoring balance.
What they're going to find out now is that there are 1/3 or 1/4 as many players interested in the endgame content now. I used to join teams for raid battles all the time, but I haven't even touched my level 50 character since this update, and don't really think I will from here on out.
My 35ish mech is fun though.

200+ hours in BL2, close to half of it with my Bee, my CC(which I don't like), Maggie, Logan's Gun, SkullMasher, etc etc. Used it plenty. Was also playing as Zer0 for most of it, Just because YOU went down a lot using the shield, doesn't mean everyone did. I have all the good legendaries, and used them all plenty with the Bee. also, the CC+Bee wasn't the best combo for Terra, sorry. Jump to the places he can't hit you (there are 3) and use literally ANY gun and he goes down crazy fast. Also, read better, I said BOSSES in 3-4 hits, not raid bosses. When it makes 99% of the game entirely a cakewalk with pretty much NO threat of death, it's gamebreaking, just because the remaining 1% of the game is still hard, doesn't counter that fact.

EDIT: I do agree the Mechro is fun as hell though.
Edited by Marafice Eye - 11/14/12 at 10:01pm
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2384 of 3843
RIP

Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K MSI X99A SLI PLUS EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Noctua NH-D15 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2515H Happy Hacking Keyboard 2  EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair 600Q 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Steelseries QcK Mass M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.7 HT Gigabyte X58A-UD3R VisionTek 4870x2 3x4GB's G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB AAKS, 2x 640GB AAKS, 2x 1TB Samsung SH-S203B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Happy Hacking Keyboard 2 Silverstone OP850 Antec 1200 [Three Nanoxia FX12] [Two San Ace 1011] Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3615QM GT 650M 16GB DDR3 256GB SSD 
OS
OS X Mountain Lion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2385 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

The more of your replies I read, Marafice, the more I realize you must never have used the Bee with the other legendaries. It was absolutely NOT gamebreaking. Overpowered? Sure. Gamebreaking? Only if you drink the Koolaid. The capacity of the shield was so ridiculously low that if an enemy got 1 or 2 shots off on you, you were down. For example, with my bee, my shield capacity (after bonuses) is like 24k. With a resistance-matching shield, it's 99k.
Killing raid bosses in 3-4 hits? Please tell me you're joking. Even Terramorphous (the only raid boss that the bee + conference call combo was actually useful on) took more like 3 clips, and given that he could kill ANY character in 2 hits (1 if you don't have good shield capacity because you're, oh I don't know, using the bee), it's far from gamebreaking. The bee is utterly useless against Master Gee, and only slightly less useless against Hyperius.
They made the raid bosses (the only endgame material at all) so ridiculously, insanely, impossibly overpowered that they threw a hissy-fit when players discovered the one thing that could come even close to restoring balance.
What they're going to find out now is that there are 1/3 or 1/4 as many players interested in the endgame content now. I used to join teams for raid battles all the time, but I haven't even touched my level 50 character since this update, and don't really think I will from here on out.
My 35ish mech is fun though.

Alright, I'm normally a nice mello guy but I have to throw in my two cents here.

I have been watching you go overboard the last 6 or so pages on what? A shield that made it super duper easy for you to play the game? If you are really going to jump in here and try to upset everybody with your ridiculous ranting at least make it worth hearing out, All I've heard is whine, complain, bee nerfed, whine, complain. I come to this thread to enjoy the community and you sir are annoying, If you really hate GB soo bad because they nerfed a single Item try playing WoW where they nerf things on regular basis and see how you feel. If you are that lazy that you have to use a god weapon just to have fun then install some cheats and get over it. I have seen this rant die out like three times here and then you just have to come back and start this again. Let it go man, pretty much everybody here is sad/annoyed at the nerf but we realize it's not going to kill the game experience. While I realize your point of View is really important and you have made one or two good points it's not going to change anything. Threats and rants won't change the fact the Bee has been nerfed. Let this rant be over so we can go on with our lives and have fun again. redface.gif

On a side note:
The endgame bosses really are way wickedly overpowered to loot you find normally but meh it's all part of the challenge tongue.gif

Edit:
My goal with this post is not to start another argument but rather to end one, can we please all get along?
Edited by Fateful_Ikkou - 11/15/12 at 3:36am
post #2386 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateful_Ikkou View Post

Alright, I'm normally a nice mello guy but I have to throw in my two cents here.
I have been watching you go overboard the last 6 or so pages on what? A shield that made it super duper easy for you to play the game? If you are really going to jump in here and try to upset everybody with your ridiculous ranting at least make it worth hearing out, All I've heard is whine, complain, bee nerfed, whine, complain. I come to this thread to enjoy the community and you sir are annoying, If you really hate GB soo bad because they nerfed a single Item try playing WoW where they nerf things on regular basis and see how you feel. If you are that lazy that you have to use a god weapon just to have fun then install some cheats and get over it. I have seen this rant die out like three times here and then you just have to come back and start this again. Let it go man, pretty much everybody here is sad/annoyed at the nerf but we realize it's not going to kill the game experience. While I realize your point of View is really important and you have made one or two good points it's not going to change anything. Threats and rants won't change the fact the Bee has been nerfed. Let this rant be over so we can go on with our lives and have fun again. redface.gif
On a side note:
The endgame bosses really are way wickedly overpowered to loot you find normally but meh it's all part of the challenge tongue.gif
Edit:
My goal with this post is not to start another argument but rather to end one, can we please all get along?

Throwing around insults is an absolutely idiotic way to attempt to end the argument. Do you think I'll back down because some random inconsequential stranger called me annoying on the internet?

I couldn't possibly care any less what you or anyone else thinks, which I think I've made perfectly clear in my refusal to abandon my stance. Now, I'm perfectly fine with letting this whole conversation die off (since I'm getting sick of it too), but if you're going to come in here and not only contribute nothing useful, but also start insulting me, then you'd better be ready for the resulting flame war.
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2387 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

Throwing around insults is an absolutely idiotic way to attempt to end the argument. Do you think I'll back down because some random inconsequential stranger called me annoying on the internet?
I couldn't possibly care any less what you or anyone else thinks, which I think I've made perfectly clear in my refusal to abandon my stance. Now, I'm perfectly fine with letting this whole conversation die off (since I'm getting sick of it too), but if you're going to come in here and not only contribute nothing useful, but also start insulting me, then you'd better be ready for the resulting flame war.

Hmmm...
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Peon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
IvyBridge 3770K 3.5GHz - 4.2GHz Gigabyte UD5H-WB Wi-Fi AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 1125/1575 w/Accelero X... AMD Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X 1125/1575 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP 2TB Seagate Barracuda 600GB Western Digital Black 256GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS/Apps/Origin) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256GB Samsung 830 SSD (Steam dedicated) Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8 x64 Pro Razer Black Widow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
SeaSonic 1050W X Series Gold + HAF-X Razer Naga SteelSeries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2388 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

Throwing around insults is an absolutely idiotic way to attempt to end the argument. Do you think I'll back down because some random inconsequential stranger called me annoying on the internet?
I couldn't possibly care any less what you or anyone else thinks, which I think I've made perfectly clear in my refusal to abandon my stance. Now, I'm perfectly fine with letting this whole conversation die off (since I'm getting sick of it too), but if you're going to come in here and not only contribute nothing useful, but also start insulting me, then you'd better be ready for the resulting flame war.

Alright fine if you want to start a flame war with me do it via PM and leave the rest of the members in this thread out of it. This is pathetic. lachen.gif
post #2389 of 3843
Does anyone know how many Golden Key shift codes they've pushed out since launch?
Cen2
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3-4130 ASUS Z87M-Plus CT2KIT51264BA1339 WD5000AAKX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD30000FYYZ WD30000FYYZ WD30000FYYZ WH14NS40 
CoolingOSPowerCase
RR-B10-212P-G1 FQC-06950 SSR-450RM Fractal Define Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
Cen2
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3-4130 ASUS Z87M-Plus CT2KIT51264BA1339 WD5000AAKX  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD30000FYYZ WD30000FYYZ WD30000FYYZ WH14NS40 
CoolingOSPowerCase
RR-B10-212P-G1 FQC-06950 SSR-450RM Fractal Define Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2390 of 3843
didn't the last update disable the golden keys?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread