Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 271

post #2701 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post

Yeah the specs are actually false for the most part. That's why it says in bold red text "Would I lie to you?"
There's actually a couple different variants of the gun. There's one which fires slow shotgun type pellets. This one does OK damage. There's another which when bounced off of walls or surfaces, will split into eight more surrounding the original. This is the one I am using and it does a buttload of critical damage. There's also another one which fires slow gravity-affected projectiles. The damage on this one is the weakest out of the three. When you complete the final "A Real Boy" mission, Mal will give you a random stats Fibber. I call this farming because to get the gun you want, you'll have you to keep alt-f4'ing after you turn the quest in. Do NOT save and exit as the game will already have remembered that you completely already therefore Mal will not give you any more Fibbers.
The best class that benefits from the Fibber is probably the assassin since he can specialize in high pistol damage. There's a couple videos on youtube which shows assassins taking down Terramorphous in 16s or less with the Fibber (post patch). Here's one of them:

Thanks for the detailed info!
+rep

So, I guess I can save and quite BEFORE MAL gives me the weapon, and if I'm not satisfied with it, "rage quit" by alt F4'ing.
I'll take a look at all the different ones, and ONLY go for the mission, after I've hit level 50.
post #2702 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Thanks for the detailed info!
+rep
So, I guess I can save and quite BEFORE MAL gives me the weapon, and if I'm not satisfied with it, "rage quit" by alt F4'ing.
I'll take a look at all the different ones, and ONLY go for the mission, after I've hit level 50.

Once Mal gives you the gun just test it out in that area. If you're not satisfied with the damage just alt f4 and reload the game.

But yeah, four assassins armed with with Fibbers will literally chew through Terramorphous in a matter of seconds.

On a side note, the loot that Terramorphous drops is not all that great. Just a unique Terramorphous Slayer Mod and some green/blue/purple items. Now Pyro Pete on the other hand, he drops legendaries for days. I killed Pete at least 80 times over the past week and have gotten good stuff from him. Right now the Raid boss timers are temporaily disabled due to a bug where after you beat Pete you wouldn't be able to fight any of the other raid bosses. So you can keep fighting Pete over and over again and he has a HIGH chance of dropping legendary class mods, legendary grenades, and SUPER rare unconfirmed dropped guns like the Unkempt Harold and The Shredifier.
Edited by NitrousX - 12/19/12 at 6:44am
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2703 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post

Once Mal gives you the gun just test it out in that area. If you're not satisfied with the damage just alt f4 and reload the game.
But yeah, four assassins armed with with Fibbers will literally chew through Terramorphous in a matter of seconds.
On a side note, the loot that Terramorphous drops is not all that great. Just a unique Terramorphous Slayer Mod and some green/blue/purple items. Now Pyro Pete on the other hand, he drops legendaries for days. I killed Pete at least 80 times over the past week and have gotten good stuff from him. Right now the Raid boss timers are temporaily disabled due to a bug where after you beat Pete you wouldn't be able to fight any of the other raid bosses. So you can keep fighting Pete over and over again and he has a HIGH chance of dropping legendary class mods, legendary grenades, and SUPER rare unconfirmed dropped guns like the Unkempt Harold and The Shredifier.

Nice!
I saw the "huge bug" that needs to transform - I forgot its name, but that also drops quite a lot of rare loot.
post #2704 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Nice!
I saw the "huge bug" that needs to transform - I forgot its name, but that also drops quite a lot of rare loot.

You are talking about Verminous the Invincible. He is incredibly hard to spawn but his loot is generally mediocre. He does have a chance to drop Legendary Class mods but I have not gotten any from him yet. Like I said before, if you own the Torgue DLC, you might want to check out Pete the Invincible (after you beat the main storyline). He drops more legendaries than any other invincibles it seems.
Edited by NitrousX - 12/19/12 at 7:32am
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2705 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post

You are talking about Verminous the Invincible. He is incredibly hard to spawn but his loot is generally mediocre. He does have a chance to drop Legendary Class mods but I have not gotten any from him yet. Like I said before, if you own the Torgue DLC, you might want to check out Pete the Invincible (after you beat the main storyline). He drops more legendaries than any other invincibles it seems.

I will definitely check him out.
What I'm doing is the following:
Get to level 50 (probably by completing the campaign a second time through on vault hunter mode) - get to use my lvl 50 items I was given on ALL the side missions whilst playing on PT 2.5, THEN go and do ALL the DLC's with my lvl 50 assassin, and badass weapons biggrin.gif!


Oh and in other news:
Why can't I upload a single screenshot to Steam?
I'm owed the pillar of community, but can't upload a single screenshot!


Edited by Totally Dubbed - 12/19/12 at 7:37am
post #2706 of 3843
Hit F12 while in-game and it should make a camera flash noise. When you exit the game there should be a little notice for you to add a caption and do the final upload the the screen cap library.


@NitrousX, Thanks for the tip. I still haven't even started the Torgue dlc nerdsmiley.png
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2707 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I will definitely check him out.
What I'm doing is the following:
Get to level 50 (probably by completing the campaign a second time through on vault hunter mode) - get to use my lvl 50 items I was given on ALL the side missions whilst playing on PT 2.5, THEN go and do ALL the DLC's with my lvl 50 assassin, and badass weapons biggrin.gif!
Oh and in other news:
Why can't I upload a single screenshot to Steam?
I'm owed the pillar of community, but can't upload a single screenshot!

Could be you need to open a port on your router for upload to the Steam cloud. Steam uses ports 27014 to 27050 for TCP-UDP, and 4380 for UDP.

There's also a way you can delete everything in your Steam folder other than the .exe and the steamapps folder, and let Steam re-install itself. Of course, that will delete your screenshots folders too, so make sure you back it/them up.
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
Someone's Trash
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core2Quad QX9650 Foxconn Blackops x48 Zotac Amp! GTX 580 1.5GB G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 x64 Professional Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Rosewill Tachyon 750W 80+ Plat Rosewill Thor Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2708 of 3843
Anyone know when the next DLC is coming?
I load up BL2 every once in a while now, but TBH until the level cap is raised...meh.
Stugots III
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 780 SC 2x8GB G.Skill 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850-EVO | 1TB EZEX | 2TB F4 It BURNS! H100i | NB Pros Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE258Q Filco Majestouch I Seasonic X-560w Fractal Arc Mini R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Vengeance MM200 HT Omega eClaro SHURE SRH-840 | Audioengine A2+S8 
  hide details  
Reply
Stugots III
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 780 SC 2x8GB G.Skill 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850-EVO | 1TB EZEX | 2TB F4 It BURNS! H100i | NB Pros Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE258Q Filco Majestouch I Seasonic X-560w Fractal Arc Mini R2 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Vengeance MM200 HT Omega eClaro SHURE SRH-840 | Audioengine A2+S8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2709 of 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdummy35 View Post

Hit F12 while in-game and it should make a camera flash noise. When you exit the game there should be a little notice for you to add a caption and do the final upload the the screen cap library.
@NitrousX, Thanks for the tip. I still haven't even started the Torgue dlc nerdsmiley.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBrogbo View Post

Could be you need to open a port on your router for upload to the Steam cloud. Steam uses ports 27014 to 27050 for TCP-UDP, and 4380 for UDP.
There's also a way you can delete everything in your Steam folder other than the .exe and the steamapps folder, and let Steam re-install itself. Of course, that will delete your screenshots folders too, so make sure you back it/them up.

well I hit f12 OK - but when I come to upload, it doesn't allow me to.

Here are some screenshots of the weapons crashdummy gave me biggrin.gif!

EDIT:
Uploaded it to private, then switched visibility to public and it worked.
Got my badge unlocked finally biggrin.gif!









Edited by Totally Dubbed - 12/19/12 at 8:41am
post #2710 of 3843
That quasar nade always makes me laugh biggrin.gif
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
 
FPS Death Machine
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.905 GHz Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA SuperClocked GTX 660 4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR 2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor Western Digital Caviar Black 1 Pioneer AIO Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
7 Ultimate x64 ASUS VH232H Microsoft Rosewill CAPSTONE-650  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 [MOD IN PROGRESS] CM Xornet Elvis 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Borderlands 2 Information & Discussion Thread