Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › Leaving PC gaming soon, what console should I buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leaving PC gaming soon, what console should I buy? - Page 13

post #121 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseToast View Post
PS3 can't make up for having amazing games like halo and bioshock
Bioshock is on PS3..and Halo is pretty washed up. The first one was fun..on PC. Same with the second. There are just as many generic fps games on the PS3. I think I'd take Killzone 2 over any 360 shooter, to be honest.


Never understood the points of these threads though. If you haven't had either, why not just pick one and stick with it? You'll have fun with either, they've both got pretty big libraries. They're not entirely expensive anymore, $200 gets you started. Shop around craigslist or something local.
post #122 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
See it's comments like these that make me mad. All you say is it has better this and better that but you don't give any examples. Bioshock is ye olde anyway.
Sorry to have upset you vikingsteve but i thought halo and bioshock were examples and yes its old but enjoyable nonetheless
post #123 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocality View Post
Bioshock is on PS3..and Halo is pretty washed up. The first one was fun..on PC. Same with the second. There are just as many generic fps games on the PS3. I think I'd take Killzone 2 over any 360 shooter, to be honest.


Never understood the points of these threads though. If you haven't had either, why not just pick one and stick with it? You'll have fun with either, they've both got pretty big libraries. They're not entirely expensive anymore, $200 gets you started. Shop around craigslist or something local.
Actually i have to agree with you other than halo being washed up
post #124 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseToast View Post
Sorry to have upset you vikingsteve but i thought halo and bioshock were examples and yes its old but enjoyable nonetheless
What I meant is that Bioshock is old, and thus, he's probably already played it for PC.


Like I said before, at this point, if somebody said the PS3 = Xbox 360 I'd pretty much agree. But when somebody says one is way better than the other... it's simply not true. They're practically identical right now, the biggest difference is the Blu-ray drive on the PS3, and the fee for the 360's online. The PS3 has the better exclusives, by most accounts, but otherwise they're pretty close.

I'm pretty touchy about console related things, I hate it when people give out misleading advice as I believe that is what has led to this whole retarded console war (besides the asshat companies that produce the consoles using the console war as a marketing tool)
Edited by vikingsteve - 8/19/11 at 8:34pm
post #125 of 134
PS3 hands down. Blu-Ray and wifi. CHa-Ching$$$ I got a 360, but I still say PS3. Also, I noticed (on my arcade) that 1080i kinda tore apart my xbox...what I'm getting at is the PS3 has mean hardware.
Edit System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
830x4 ASUS blah blah blah PRO/USB3 FiveEightFiveZer0 2x4 AMD entertainment edition memory lolwut 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda >:] WD Scorpio >:] idk lol 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
xx64en_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-_EN_DVD LED 23'' 1080P 5MS no dead pixels :D Goodwill 500w PCP+C 80+<3 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 Was a G500 :*( Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Edit System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
830x4 ASUS blah blah blah PRO/USB3 FiveEightFiveZer0 2x4 AMD entertainment edition memory lolwut 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda >:] WD Scorpio >:] idk lol 212 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
xx64en_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-_EN_DVD LED 23'' 1080P 5MS no dead pixels :D Goodwill 500w PCP+C 80+<3 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 Was a G500 :*( Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 134
I believe the PS3 is or just has dropped price to $250.

All in all, I have PSP, DS, 360, and PS3. And my PC. I have only turned on the systems to rent some movies to watch on the weekend with my leftover points.

IMO. If you don't have a PC, the 360 fills that void. Hell I rebought most of my 360 games on PC when I got the computer. I think the only exclusives I have for 360 (that I refuse to trade) are Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia.

On the other hand, the PS3 does have more interesting exclusives. Personally, some are losing their luster like Resistance (unless they make it more like part 1) and Uncharted 3 (bigger and louder doesn't mean better), but they still have some nice exclusives. It would help to know what games you like. But imo, I think your making a mistake.
The Migraine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8P67 M Pro Rev Asus 780 Directcu II 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Windows 7 64 bit Asus RoG Swift X Armor U9BL-s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750W CM HAF 922 Razer Naga Perixx DX-2000XL 
  hide details  
Reply
The Migraine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8P67 M Pro Rev Asus 780 Directcu II 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128 GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Windows 7 64 bit Asus RoG Swift X Armor U9BL-s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TP-750W CM HAF 922 Razer Naga Perixx DX-2000XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post
What I meant is that Bioshock is old, and thus, he's probably already played it for PC.


Like I said before, at this point, if somebody said the PS3 = Xbox 360 I'd pretty much agree. But when somebody says one is way better than the other... it's simply not true. They're practically identical right now, the biggest difference is the Blu-ray drive on the PS3, and the fee for the 360's online. The PS3 has the better exclusives, by most accounts, but otherwise they're pretty close.

I'm pretty touchy about console related things, I hate it when people give out misleading advice as I believe that is what has led to this whole retarded console war (besides the asshat companies that produce the consoles using the console war as a marketing tool)
I meant bioshock too. I dont feel like wasting my time fighting with you about this so sorry i pissed you off i had no intention of misleading someone into buying something that they would hate. I do have to disagree though that xbox does not infact equal ps3. That is all (and yes i did notice that you're pretty touchy when it comes to consoles)
post #128 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipwnnubletz View Post
This has gotta be the crappiest thread I've ever seen on OCN
Yup.
Mjolnir
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock Z77E-ITX Radeon HD 6850 Corsair Dominator 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 (PC3 12800) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial M4 128GB SATA III SSD Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W ATX PSU 
Case
BitFenix Prodigy Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Mjolnir
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K ASRock Z77E-ITX Radeon HD 6850 Corsair Dominator 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 (PC3 12800) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial M4 128GB SATA III SSD Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate SILVERSTONE Strider Plus ST50F-P 500W ATX PSU 
Case
BitFenix Prodigy Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 134
OP:

OK we will see you in a year or so when generic graphics and functionality become too cumbersome.
Deathprimus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 4.0Ghz @1.24v ASUS Sabertooth X58 ASUS 69502GB unlocked Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 500GB LG Super multi Blue Win7 64bit ASUS 23" VH236 
PowerCase
Corsair TX850 Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Deathprimus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 4.0Ghz @1.24v ASUS Sabertooth X58 ASUS 69502GB unlocked Corsair XMS3 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 500GB LG Super multi Blue Win7 64bit ASUS 23" VH236 
PowerCase
Corsair TX850 Cooler Master HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 134


My advice, stay PC.

but if you absolutely must go console, I'd say get the Star Wars 360.
At least it will retain it's value somewhat because it will become a collectors item.


    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R eVGA GTX 560 Ti 4GB Patriot Viper II DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 64MB 7200 RPM Lite-On 22X DVD+/-RW XP Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Samsung UN46B8000 240Hz LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Elite PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Mantis Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R eVGA GTX 560 Ti 4GB Patriot Viper II DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 64MB 7200 RPM Lite-On 22X DVD+/-RW XP Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate, Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Samsung UN46B8000 240Hz LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Elite PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Razer Mantis Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › Leaving PC gaming soon, what console should I buy?