Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Astrogaming A40s experience
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Astrogaming A40s experience - Page 6

post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
OP, please disregard this buffoon.
Typical.

I bet he does not have a MixAmp either. Maybe someone he knows does...
post #52 of 58
I would highly recommend them to anyone for gaming. Only con is they are not built to last that long so be very careful with them
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 132-BL-E758-A1 GeForce GTX 560 Ti OCZ Gold 6Gb 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Logitech G15 CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Astro A40's SteelSeries QcK+ Asus VH238H Black 23 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 132-BL-E758-A1 GeForce GTX 560 Ti OCZ Gold 6Gb 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Logitech G15 CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Astro A40's SteelSeries QcK+ Asus VH238H Black 23 Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium  
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkbluffgrown View Post
Typical.

I bet he does not have a MixAmp either. Maybe someone he knows does...
No, actually my aunt has 10 that have been in storage for 30 years like all my equipment. Because that's what I said, after all. Illiteracy is a real and dire problem.
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
I'm not sure how you could do MixAmp solution with wireless headphones + a zalman, especially since the zalman isn't wireless to begin with. I suppose you could use analog out to some sort of wireless decoder or something... but honestly I don't think all of this is worth the trouble. And I rarely say that.
Actually he can, I know a few friends who have the Astro A40 wireless headphones and mixamp. It works like this (sorry if you know but from what you say it just seems like you don't) The main receiver and mixamp is plugged into your PC/Console, then the actually controller for volume and such you plus you'r headphones and mic in and you carry that around, so in a sense it is "wireless" from sender to receiver. So he should be able to put the AD700's + Zalman clip on mic and use it with the wireless mixamp. Now I myself have never tied this with another headphones other then the A40's but it has on the mixamp/controller a standard mic and a headphone port so I don't see why it shouldn't work.

And like I have stated before I don't want anyone saying "oh you never had the A40's or tried them", I have and headphones are so much better, sorry you just cant beat a set of good cans and a clip on mic.
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
No, actually my aunt has 10 that have been in storage for 30 years like all my equipment. Because that's what I said, after all. Illiteracy is a real and dire problem.
Illiteracy? First, you say English is not my first language. Then you constantly contradict yourself. You said earlier in the thread that people should not recommend their lone pair of headphones as "the best." and then you talk about equipment you do not have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
and my dad has plenty of old phones from the 70s and 80s that still work fine.
And how many of your father's headphones would be good for PC gaming? If those are so great, why dont tell the OP of this thread which pair of your father's is the best, how long it has lasted, and how great it sounds for PC usage when used with the Astro Mixamp?

That would be truly useful.
post #56 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkbluffgrown View Post
Illiteracy? First, you say English is not my first language. Then you constantly contradict yourself. You said earlier in the thread that people should not recommend their lone pair of headphones as "the best." and then you talk about equipment you do not have.
I didn't say English was not your first language, I actually wondered, because clearly you have no idea what a question is. AKA "You don't own any headphones.." is a question in your eyes.
How does me saying
-...unless English isn't your first language, if so I apologize
contract
-...you're illiterate for not being able to understand the difference between a question and a statement


Quote:
And how many of your father's headphones would be good for PC gaming? If those are so great, why dont tell the OP of this thread which pair of your father's is the best, how long it has lasted, and how great it sounds for PC usage when used with the Astro Mixamp?

That would be truly useful.
I'm sorry, but /facepalm. What are you even talking about? I brought my dad's headphones as my foundation for believing headphones should last a long time. I never said anything that even remotely implied the idea that old headphones were great for PC gaming. I never even said they were good. I said they lasted for several years, and I only brought them up because you asserted that I had no experience. We're talking about durability. Honestly, how does your brain even function? I can't follow your train of logic for the life of me. Am I arguing with a kindergartner here? This quote isn't even remotely related to our discussion.




You can keep telling me I don't have any experience, but that doesn't make it true. I already said since the beginning that I do have an experience, when you brought up some "facts" out of nowhere i.e. "you never tried them" "they're in storage" "they're not even good for gaming!"
Edited by Narzon - 8/13/11 at 7:15pm
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
blah blah blah
My dad's headphones are so good, they let me hear you backpedaling......
post #58 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkbluffgrown View Post
My dad's headphones are so good, they let me hear you backpedaling......
Grow up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Astrogaming A40s experience