Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] A Deep Look at Modern Warfare 3’s Spec Ops Survival Mode
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] A Deep Look at Modern Warfare 3’s Spec Ops Survival Mode - Page 15

post #141 of 152


Very excite!!!

<3 Modern Warfare series
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 152
The mode itself seems like a cool concept but I refuse to pay anything more than £10 for MW2.5.
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Reply
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 152
Between this game mode and the amount of multiplayer time I got out of the last MW, I'm def. planning on getting this in November!
Ich liebe dich
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k [4.8GHz @ 1.38V] ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 4 x Radeon HD 6950 2GB [Quadfire] 4 x 4GB CORSAIR Vengence DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 64GB + 4 x 2TB Hitachi [RAID1+0] 2 x ASUS CD/DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 3 x HP ZR24w [Portrait Eyefinity] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 OCZ ZT Series 750W Silverstone Raven RV03 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Ich liebe dich
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k [4.8GHz @ 1.38V] ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution 4 x Radeon HD 6950 2GB [Quadfire] 4 x 4GB CORSAIR Vengence DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 64GB + 4 x 2TB Hitachi [RAID1+0] 2 x ASUS CD/DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 3 x HP ZR24w [Portrait Eyefinity] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 OCZ ZT Series 750W Silverstone Raven RV03 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
I haven't bought a COD game since COD4. And I also refuse to buy BF3 since it requires Origin. So, ummm yeah.
I'm happy that you are following your vaules, but how is this any different from all these games requiring steam?

I personally hate both systems, and the whole Digital Download crap in genereal. But i deal with it because it deosnt harm me, its just an inconvience.

Thats what i dont understand, Origin is no different from Steam Fuction-Wise, both are game digital download services and both do things a bit different, why so much hate for one and not the other.

OT: I bought CoD 1, CoD4, CoD W@W, and will probably buy MW2 and BLOPs when they drop to 10 bucks or so. but i will not pay full price for a reskin of a 4 year old game with no inovation.
post #145 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlo View Post
I'm happy that you are following your vaules, but how is this any different from all these games requiring steam?

I personally hate both systems, and the whole Digital Download crap in genereal. But i deal with it because it deosnt harm me, its just an inconvience.

Thats what i dont understand, Origin is no different from Steam Fuction-Wise, both are game digital download services and both do things a bit different, why so much hate for one and not the other?.

OT: I bought CoD 1, CoD4, CoD W@W, and will probably buy MW2 and BLOPs when they drop to 10 bucks or so. but i will not pay full price for a reskin of a 4 year old game with no inovation.
Its easy to answer that question, simply by looking at the words of many of those who praise steam, but heckle Origin in the same breath because they refuse to use more than one gaming client.

They will boast about how they have put thousands of hours into gaming on steam.

They'll tell you how they've spent hundreds purchasing games through steam.

They'll tell you how all their friends are on steam.

They'll make large, ongoing threads literally dedicated to steam and its use on forums all across the interweb.

THEN, they'll complain about this "new" trend of game publishers requiring seperate clients to run their own games starting with Origin, and how they refuse to support such a notion by refusing to use Origin.

HOWEVER, they HAVE been supporting that notion with all the time, money, and public vocal support they have invested in steam.

Its because of all that support they gave steam that it became so successful and its because of all that support that other publishers are now taking note and wanting a piece of the pie.


So....why do they hate one and not the other? Well, that question is answered already.

They have so heavily invested into supporting a system they will tell you they do not agree with (aka publishers pushing their own products through their own clients aka Steam), that they literally cant pull away from it, even for a game they know they actually do have interest in.

They will literally tell you that if a game cannot be used with steam, they dont want it. They have effectively trapped themselves within the system they helped create.

If they TRULY cared about multiple publishers keeping their games exclusive to their own download clients in the future, they would have kicked Steam to the curb (since Valve games and even some non Valve games require steam in order to run).

Instead they supported it and helped it grow into the most successful games distribution model to date.

They didn't care about supporting this idea of a publisher only making their games playable via their own background clients while they were getting all their sales and what not. But now a certain situation that affects them negatively has arisen, they are all of a sudden in an outrage.

Its that classic case of people passing a blind eye over issues as long as they get their cut, then raging when that issue finally reaches their front door. (e.g "Omg Valve forces Steam on us?! I condemn this idea!! What did you say? Cheap games?? Steam <3 <3 <3 <3").

Now other publishers would like to emulate that idea they helped make so popular.

Who is to blame?

Steam supporters.

Who is doing most of the complaining and campaigning against the reality of others publishers using their own clients to distribute/run their games in the future?

Steam supporters.....

In conclusion:

LOL and *facepalm*
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 8/15/11 at 9:35am
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 152
They better put some zombies in MW3, otherwise it will go down as the worst map pack in COD history.

They should also start you out a Slingshot and a bag full of jellybeans as ammo until you reach level 2.

And the last part, they should give you the ability to give people wedgies when you sneak up behind them.

As for the single player, they should put all kinds of Aliens, Ghosts, Monsters, Midgets, Clowns, Monkeys, a couple of bigfoots, and Justin Bieber as the evil genius mastermind behind all the chaos.

Call of Dollars: Money Waster 3, what a freakin' joke.
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
PowerTrippin@home
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 @ 4.2Ghz 495x8.5@1.39v Gigabyte EP45-UD3P F9 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB BFG GTX 275 PhysX Corsair Dominators 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V Series SSD 64 GB Spinpoint F3 1TB Blu-Ray drive & CD/DVD burner Scythe Mugen II 120mm Ultra Kaze 64bit Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 23" LED 1920x1080 [SyncMaster BX2331] Dell SK-8110 Corsair TX-750 V2 HAF 922 [inside painted black] 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech Laser G500 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
Its easy to answer that question, simply by looking at the words of many of those who praise steam, but heckle Origin in the same breath because they refuse to use more than one gaming client.

They will boast about how they have put thousands of hours into gaming on steam.

They'll tell you how they've spent hundreds purchasing games through steam.

They'll tell you how all their friends are on steam.

They'll make large, ongoing threads literally dedicated to steam and its use on forums all across the interweb.

THEN, they'll complain about this "new" trend of game publishers requiring seperate clients to run their own games starting with Origin, and how they refuse to support such a notion by refusing to use Origin.

HOWEVER, they HAVE been supporting that notion with all the time, money, and public vocal support they have invested in steam.

Its because of all that support they gave steam that it became so successful and its because of all that support that other publishers are now taking note and wanting a piece of the pie.


So....why do they hate one and not the other? Well, that question is answered already.

They have so heavily invested into supporting a system they will tell you they do not agree with (aka publishers pushing their own products through their own clients aka Steam), that they literally cant pull away from it, even for a game they know they actually do have interest in.

They will literally tell you that if a game cannot be used with steam, they dont want it. They have effectively trapped themselves within the system they helped create.

If they TRULY cared about multiple publishers keeping their games exclusive to their own download clients in the future, they would have kicked Steam to the curb (since Valve games and even some non Valve games require steam in order to run).

Instead they supported it and helped it grow into the most successful games distribution model to date.

They didn't care about supporting this idea of a publisher only making their games playable via their own background clients while they were getting all their sales and what not. But now a certain situation that affects them negatively has arisen, they are all of a sudden in an outrage.

Its that classic case of people passing a blind eye over issues as long as they get their cut, then raging when that issue finally reaches their front door. (e.g "Omg Valve forces Steam on us?! I condemn this idea!! What did you say? Cheap games?? Steam <3 <3 <3 <3").

Now other publishers would like to emulate that idea they helped make so popular.

Who is to blame?

Steam supporters.

Who is doing most of the complaining and campaigning against the reality of others publishers using their own clients to distribute/run their games in the future?

Steam supporters.....

In conclusion:

LOL and *facepalm*
Extremely well put, my friend.
post #148 of 152
I always enjoy the COD games for a long period of time and so do my friends. That's worth my £30 - £40
Animus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ 2 x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 2 x WD 1TB Blue EZEX RAID0 EK Supremacy - Copper / Acetal EK Titan X & Backplate - Copper / Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK 360XTX EK Spin Reservoir - Acetal Liang DDC / EK Top EK PSC Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit 3 x Samsung P2450H 24" Filco Majestouch 2 - Cherry Blues Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Destructor 2 Creative Titanium HD 
AudioAudio
Fiio E9 Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium (600 Ohm) 
  hide details  
Reply
Animus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ 2 x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 2 x WD 1TB Blue EZEX RAID0 EK Supremacy - Copper / Acetal EK Titan X & Backplate - Copper / Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK 360XTX EK Spin Reservoir - Acetal Liang DDC / EK Top EK PSC Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit 3 x Samsung P2450H 24" Filco Majestouch 2 - Cherry Blues Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Destructor 2 Creative Titanium HD 
AudioAudio
Fiio E9 Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium (600 Ohm) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooksy View Post
I always enjoy the COD games for a long period of time and so do my friends. That's worth my £30 - £40
Couldnt agree more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 5000mhz(so far) ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME msi 6970 and 2 6950's Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Force GT(os) M4 64gb(games) f3 1tb(other) Samsung Windows 7 64bit Samsung BX2450 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black widow XFX ProSeries 1050W PSU 80+Gold  Corsair 700D Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
nope! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 5000mhz(so far) ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME msi 6970 and 2 6950's Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Force GT(os) M4 64gb(games) f3 1tb(other) Samsung Windows 7 64bit Samsung BX2450 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black widow XFX ProSeries 1050W PSU 80+Gold  Corsair 700D Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
nope! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 152
This is just the wave maps from MW2 from spec ops in this game. Looks like the same game too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] A Deep Look at Modern Warfare 3’s Spec Ops Survival Mode