Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › ASUS Transformer 2 Leaked? Black with no buttons! Or am I crazy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS Transformer 2 Leaked? Black with no buttons! Or am I crazy? - Page 5

post #41 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
I think it's more like 1.6lb vs 2.2. Yes heavier but still manageable. I was given a Tegra2 tab with 4G to play with a week ago and while I have used it as a book reader for a bit and did some web access and youtube watching on the go. I haven't really done much with it and I miss not being able to stream Netflix (I know you can mes around and get the non-honeycomb Netflix app to work but it's a pain and it didn't work in this particular tab I was testing).

The battery life is a bit weak but do you really need 10 hours of use while on a long plane trip (the W500 will definitely last 6 hours if you turn off Wifi and put the brightness to low since they always turn off the cabin light for a portion of the flight)? I fly to Asia from the U.S. quite often and I don't really use the Tab or laptop for more than a few hours even on a 14 hours flight and I always have access to a power outlet. How much actual time do you need between the meals and taking a short nap? And there's always at least one or 2 shows worth watching on the inflight entertainment system.
And what tab was that? The trasnsformer + dock is 1.49lb. Acer iconia tab w500 and keyboard is 3.48lb. The ac adapter mkes it 3.9lb (cnet). Plus windows is horrible on a tablet. In case you're forgetting, it's not meant for media consumption. You wont find apps that have ultra simple ui and deliver content like you want. It's also fat and ugly, doesn't have a touchpad and you can't fold it like a notebook.
Edited by mikeseth - 8/12/11 at 7:08am
post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post
And what tab was that? The trasnsformer + dock is 1.49lb. Acer iconia tab w500 and keyboard is 2.45lb. Plus windows is horrible on a tablet. In case you're forgetting, it's not meant for media consumption. You wont find apps that have ultra simple ui and deliver content like you want.
No--only the TF tablet alone is 1.49lbs. The tab + dock is about a pound and change more. The Acer w500 is 2.14lbs alone, and 3.6lbs with the dock.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
No--only the TF tablet alone is 1.49lbs. The tab + dock is about a pound and change more. The Acer w500 is 2.14lbs alone, and 3.6lbs with the dock.
It says on wikipedia 1.49lb ^ 4

4: ^ a b c d e f g h i j k "Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Tablet PC (nVidia Tegra2 1GHz, 1Gb, 16Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT, Android 3.2) with docking station" . Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 1 April 2011.

But it is probably 2.5lb because it feels almost as "heavy" as my mini311 which is 3.1lb
post #44 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post
It says on wikipedia 1.49lb ^ 4

4: ^ a b c d e f g h i j k "Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 10.1 inch Tablet PC (nVidia Tegra2 1GHz, 1Gb, 16Gb eMMC, WLAN, BT, Android 3.2) with docking station" . Amazon..
Wikipedia isn't always correct--and neither is Amazon. Newegg specs the TF at 1.49 lbs for the tab alone, that's what Asus claims and that's about how heavy mine feels. It would be awesome if the tab + dock only weighed a pound and a half! :-)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 62
I think for a tablet, the weight of my Transformer is a right size to hold by 1 hand when i read mangas. I will never buy anything that heavier and bulkier than this Transformer. 2lbs is pretty heavy to hold by 1 hand after a while honestly. I carry my Transformer from sofa to bed and i feel it's just light enough, i wouldn't mind a lighter tablet like the SS Galaxy tab 10.1 tho .
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
~|Nanpa|~
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
|A8-3870k 3.5Ghz| |Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H| |Onboard 6550D -_-| |Samsung 30nm Low Profile 2133 Cas9| 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|Corsair Force GT 90GB|WD 820GB| |SamSung BluRay| |Stock Heatsink -_-| |Win 7 Ultimate x64| 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
|Samsung S27A950 120Hz 3D| |Microsoft SideWinder X4| |CorSaiR HX650| |Open TechBench|White LeDs|PurPle UV| 
MouseMouse PadAudio
|Microsoft SideWinder X8| |SteelSeries Diablo III| |OnBoard| 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocnewb View Post
I think for a tablet, the weight of my Transformer is a right size to hold by 1 hand when i read mangas. I will never buy anything that heavier and bulkier than this Transformer. 2lbs is pretty heavy to hold by 1 hand after a while honestly. I carry my Transformer from sofa to bed and i feel it's just light enough, i wouldn't mind a lighter tablet like the SS Galaxy tab 10.1 tho .
Yeah, I like my TF, but there are a lot of times when I wish it had the aspect ratio/dimensions of the ipad.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
Yeah, I like my TF, but there are a lot of times when I wish it had the aspect ratio/dimensions of the ipad.
iPad has the worst possible aspect ratio, especially when it comes to movies and games. It just looks ugly on the screen with giant black bars. Widescreen is the way to go.
post #48 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post
iPad has the worst possible aspect ratio, especially when it comes to movies and games. It just looks ugly on the screen with giant black bars. Widescreen is the way to go.
Yes, for movie-viewing, I like my TF--but it's too tall when holding it in portrait orientation--like for reading an e-book, or various times of web-browsing etc. Definitely not the most ergonomically-designed format for holding in portrait mode.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K Biostar TP67B+ XFX HD5750 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB OCZ SSD, 2x160GB HDD RAID0, 500GB+500GB+1.5TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 930B Antec SmartPower 450w 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyladouche View Post
Yes, for movie-viewing, I like my TF--but it's too tall when holding it in portrait orientation--like for reading an e-book, or various times of web-browsing etc. Definitely not the most ergonomically-designed format for holding in portrait mode.
I have no issues with portrait mode. Newspapers, books, pdfs, web pages fit awesomely in portrait mode. Fill the entire screen. Even games like lane splitter work great.

There is major keyboard lag while typing this message on my asus transformer it is getting really annoying anyone got a solution to this. I am using the stock browser on 3.2.

Edited by mikeseth - 8/12/11 at 10:26am
post #50 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeseth View Post
I have no issues with portrait mode. Newspapers, books, pdfs, web pages fit awesomely in portrait mode. Fill the entire screen. Even games like lane splitter work great.

There is major keyboard lag while typing this message on my asus transformer it is getting really annoying anyone got a solution to this. I am using the stock browser on 3.2.
Dolphin for pad improves it. Sadly, the best way to get rid of the lag is buy a Tab 10.1 and load touchwiz on it. It's sad that samsung's browser beat googles...

I'll miss that about my Tab.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tablets
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Tablets › ASUS Transformer 2 Leaked? Black with no buttons! Or am I crazy?