Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Corsair Force Series 3 how much more faster is it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair Force Series 3 how much more faster is it?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
how much faster is the Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s SSD, Read: 500MB/s, Write: 510MB/s then the Corsair Force Series 3, 60GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Disk Drive 550MB/s Read 490MB/s Write
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 14
I'm using it for day to day, gaming, photoshop, multimedia etc. It's fast compare to ordinary HDD. It took me 13 second booting, 25 second restart. The only thing that was bugging me recently is their Sandforce 2281 is unstable. I got freeze during normal use twice in a week. I'd already updated the firmware into version 1.3 and keep my PC in active condition for about 24 hour now. No problems occur until now...

Aside from that bad firmware, nothing to complain. They are fast and one more thing, they have a reliable customer support (IMHO..)

But if you have other choices, there always be Crucial or Intel (too bad, both of them not in the market down here... )
Fortress 0364
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel i5 2500K] [Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro] [Calibre GTX 560 Ti DF] [Corsair Vengeance 16 GB PC 1600) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
[Samsung 830 SSD] Western Digital Black 1 TB (2 units) Lite On DVD R/RW 22X Corsair H-80 (P/P GT AP-45) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows 7 Professional 64bit] [DELL U2312HM] [Logitech K300] [Seasonic X760] 
CaseMouseAudioOther
[Silverstone Fortress FT02B-Limited Edition] [Logitech MX518] Asus Xonar Essence STX Hivi Swans M50W 
Other
Creative Aurvana Live! 
  hide details  
Reply
Fortress 0364
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel i5 2500K] [Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro] [Calibre GTX 560 Ti DF] [Corsair Vengeance 16 GB PC 1600) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
[Samsung 830 SSD] Western Digital Black 1 TB (2 units) Lite On DVD R/RW 22X Corsair H-80 (P/P GT AP-45) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows 7 Professional 64bit] [DELL U2312HM] [Logitech K300] [Seasonic X760] 
CaseMouseAudioOther
[Silverstone Fortress FT02B-Limited Edition] [Logitech MX518] Asus Xonar Essence STX Hivi Swans M50W 
Other
Creative Aurvana Live! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.androider View Post
I'm using it for day to day, gaming, photoshop, multimedia etc. It's fast compare to ordinary HDD. It took me 13 second booting, 25 second restart. The only thing that was bugging me recently is their Sandforce 2281 is unstable. I got freeze during normal use twice in a week. I'd already updated the firmware into version 1.3 and keep my PC in active condition for about 24 hour now. No problems occur until now...

Aside from that bad firmware, nothing to complain. They are fast and one more thing, they have a reliable customer support (IMHO..)

But if you have other choices, there always be Crucial or Intel (too bad, both of them not in the market down here... )
im looking for a ssd thats 60 or 120gb thats Read: 400MB/s, Write: 400MB or higher
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatPC View Post
im looking for a ssd thats 60 or 120gb thats Read: 400MB/s, Write: 400MB or higher
Your motherboard has a Marvell Sata 3 connection correct?

Even if you went the Sandforce drive route, you may not see the numbers you want. The Sandforce drives advertised speeds are using a p67 chipset with native sata 3 connection. OCZ forum has seen plenty of complaints by people that don't realize the Marvell version doesn't provide the speed the native Intel version does.
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post
Your motherboard has a Marvell Sata 3 connection correct?

Even if you went the Sandforce drive route, you may not see the numbers you want. The Sandforce drives advertised speeds are using a p67 chipset with native sata 3 connection. OCZ forum has seen plenty of complaints by people that don't realize the Marvell version doesn't provide the speed the native Intel version does.
oh my i didnt know that well im gonna be using one of these mobo (what ever one that supports 3D)

GA-A75M-UD2H http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3928#ov
MSI A75MA-G55 http://us.msi.com/product/mb/A75MA-G...=DetailF1A75-M PRO http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...M1/F1A75M_PRO/
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
bump
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 14
The Gigabyte board supports it native to the chip. Asus claims to have full support for it but does not say it's native.
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
I received my corsair force 3 60gb in the mail yesterday, installed in and ran into issues installing Windows 7 ultimate. Seems like when windows is loading, it will just stuck there and refuse to boot into windows. I got it from Tigerdirect for $99.99 + $2.98 shipping so not much to complain. I also bought 2x 6inch SATA 6gbps cable from ebay to make sure I get the max speed. Other than the black screen during loading, so far no complains. I put it to my other SATA 6gbps port last night before going to bed, play around with it for 10-15 minutes, no stuck during loading windows. I will play with it some more today after I get off work and see. I heard there are many people have issues with the 120GB version with earlier revision, link provided below...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95688

I was going to buy the 64gb crucial, but it does not come with a mounting bracket and I missed the newegg deal when it was $99.99. I been also thinking about getting the OCZ 60gb agility but again no bracket included, so I ended up getting this corsair. If I don't get any more issues with booting up, no complains so far...
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marik123 View Post
I received my corsair force 3 60gb in the mail yesterday, installed in and ran into issues installing Windows 7 ultimate. Seems like when windows is loading, it will just stuck there and refuse to boot into windows. I got it from Tigerdirect for $99.99 + $2.98 shipping so not much to complain. I also bought 2x 6inch SATA 6gbps cable from ebay to make sure I get the max speed. Other than the black screen during loading, so far no complains. I put it to my other SATA 6gbps port last night before going to bed, play around with it for 10-15 minutes, no stuck during loading windows. I will play with it some more today after I get off work and see. I heard there are many people have issues with the 120GB version with earlier revision, link provided below...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95688

I was going to buy the 64gb crucial, but it does not come with a mounting bracket and I missed the newegg deal when it was $99.99. I been also thinking about getting the OCZ 60gb agility but again no bracket included, so I ended up getting this corsair. If I don't get any more issues with booting up, no complains so far...
oh dear O.o well i always find when i reformat my pc and everything and connect the parts i dont get problems but if i get something new without reformating it theres like a 75% chance i'll get a problem
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post
The Gigabyte board supports it native to the chip. Asus claims to have full support for it but does not say it's native.
"supports it native to the chip" native? and if ur gonna say native resolution whats that?
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX+ Armor Kit EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Samsung SA950 + ASUS VG236HE Razer Keyboard Blackwidow Tournament Edition 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 560W 80 Plus Gold SilverStone Fortress FT03 Silver/White steelseries raw frost blue XFX WarPaD 
Audio
Blue Cloud 9 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › Corsair Force Series 3 how much more faster is it?