Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Appraisals › X58A-UD7, i7-920, OCZ Platnium 6GB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

X58A-UD7, i7-920, OCZ Platnium 6GB - Page 2

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
I don't see why the 920 being the lowest end LGA1366 matters.
If a lower end chip can do higher or same clock with less voltage than a higher end chip(because some of the 950 and 960 are just trash when it comes to overclocking) then I'd pay more for the lower end chip.
I already explained it (why being the lowest end offering on a platform matters).

To someone on an LGA 1366 platform already, how much value does a Core i7 920 have, when most people have at least that, if not more? Exactly. Okay, maybe some good Core i7 920s overclock better than some other higher modles, but realistically, let's see a number of hands of those with Core i7 950s or Core i7 960s who will pay $200 on a used Core i7 920...

On the other end of the spectrum, to someone not on an LGA 1366 platform, Who is going to pay $200 for that used CPU when a much better and brand new and covered by warranty Core i5 2500K is barely more expensive? Exactly.

That makes all of the difference. That is why.

I'm not calling the CPU bad, not by any means! It is a fantastic chip. I'm just saying, that's how it is and if you want to be realistic, that's what I'd say it's worth. Feel free to disagree. I'm sure there exist others that may pay more. Value is subjective, and factoring in my reasoning above, I would not say that used CPU is worth $200, even at those clocks.
Edited by Princess Garnet - 8/10/11 at 12:36pm
post #12 of 18
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt 920 the first D0 stepping? making it actually more sought after by overclockers as first batches of cores are notorious for being the best at overclocking?

Take a look at SB chips on release,great clockers but newer bought CPU' tending to not clock as high.

The fact it can do 4.4Ghz at 1.33v is a strong selling point,what could it do at 1.4v i wonder
If this was in uk id expect to pay £150-160 deccent clocker like this.
Le Box of Black
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 r2.0 GTX 770 16GB Corsair Vengeance in Triple channel mode ;) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Ocz Vertex 2  Samsung F1  Samsung F3 Samsung F1 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sammie Dvd rw Windows 7 64Bit HZ281HPB 1200p / HP IPS 1080p / Samsung Syncmas... Qpad MK80 (Blue switch), SteelSeries 7G (Cherry... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
HX1000 CM-Stacker 832 Flipped Naos 3200,G5,G400,G400s, G300, Kone+ Razor Destructor and Steelseries Qck 
AudioAudioAudio
X-Fi Fatal1ty  ATH-T500 / AH-D510 Samson CO1U PAK Condenser Mic  
  hide details  
Reply
Le Box of Black
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 r2.0 GTX 770 16GB Corsair Vengeance in Triple channel mode ;) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Ocz Vertex 2  Samsung F1  Samsung F3 Samsung F1 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sammie Dvd rw Windows 7 64Bit HZ281HPB 1200p / HP IPS 1080p / Samsung Syncmas... Qpad MK80 (Blue switch), SteelSeries 7G (Cherry... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
HX1000 CM-Stacker 832 Flipped Naos 3200,G5,G400,G400s, G300, Kone+ Razor Destructor and Steelseries Qck 
AudioAudioAudio
X-Fi Fatal1ty  ATH-T500 / AH-D510 Samson CO1U PAK Condenser Mic  
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Garnet View Post
I already explained it (why being the lowest end offering on a platform matters).

To someone on an LGA 1366 platform already, how much value does a Core i7 920 have, when most people have at least that, if not more? Exactly. Okay, maybe some good Core i7 920s overclock better than some other higher modles, but realistically, let's see a number of hands of those with Core i7 950s or Core i7 960s who will pay $200 on a used Core i7 920...

On the other end of the spectrum, to someone not on an LGA 1366 platform, Who is going to pay $200 for that used CPU when a much better and brand new and covered by warranty Core i5 2500K is barely more expensive? Exactly.

That makes all of the difference. That is why.

I'm not calling the CPU bad, not by any means! It is a fantastic chip. I'm just saying, that's how it is and if you want to be realistic, that's what I'd say it's worth. Feel free to disagree. I'm sure there exist others that may pay more. Value is subjective, and factoring in my reasoning above, I would not say that used CPU is worth $200, even at those clocks.
Value is subjective as you mentioned it.

It all depends on the buyer's personal preference, some people like 1366, some people like 1155. Some people like to overclock the hell out of their chips and some don't, some really care about voltage. The X58 platform does provide more PCI-E bandwidth and can take 24GB of RAM which can be more attractive to some buyer.

If I'm looking to get into 1366 here right now I'd be happy to pay more for a 920 that can overclock well then 950/960 that sucks at overclocking.

Either way our opinion doesn't really matter that much here since it's all up to the buyer and what he needs and values, but it's always better to ask high and then work on the price when you are selling.
SK-004
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1235 Asus P8P67 WS Revolution Gigabyte 7950 Windforce Samsung Low Profile 4x4GB, 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M3 256GB, WD 1.5TB Black, 2x Hitachi 2T... Lite-On 20X DVD burner Thermalright HR-02 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR30w Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Seasonic X750 Lian Li V1020R 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
SK-004
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1235 Asus P8P67 WS Revolution Gigabyte 7950 Windforce Samsung Low Profile 4x4GB, 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M3 256GB, WD 1.5TB Black, 2x Hitachi 2T... Lite-On 20X DVD burner Thermalright HR-02 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP ZR30w Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Seasonic X750 Lian Li V1020R 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Ikea desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
$140-$160 Shipped for the 920. Depending on how fast you want it gone. They go for ~$130 on Ebay regardless of the stepping revision.

As Princess Garnet has already mentioned, it's an old socket and there is no reason for it to cost near the price of a 2500k that will clock higher and run faster.
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
BlueRaven
(13 items)
 
Dead BIOS
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 G74Sx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M  Samsung  
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung  Samsung  Momentus 7200.4 Scorpio Blue 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
Value is subjective as you mentioned it.

It all depends on the buyer's personal preference, some people like 1366, some people like 1155. Some people like to overclock the hell out of their chips and some don't, some really care about voltage. The X58 platform does provide more PCI-E bandwidth and can take 24GB of RAM which can be more attractive to some buyer.

If I'm looking to get into 1366 here right now I'd be happy to pay more for a 920 that can overclock well then 950/960 that sucks at overclocking.

Either way our opinion doesn't really matter that much here since it's all up to the buyer and what he needs and values, but it's always better to ask high and then work on the price when you are selling.
It is subjective, but the reasoning I put forth is very valid in why the value is driven down, and the market for those paying that much on that chip is probably rather small.

That's the unfortunate side of technology. Something can be very capable but worth comparatively less.
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
$140-$160 Shipped for the 920. Depending on how fast you want it gone. They go for ~$130 on Ebay regardless of the stepping revision.

As Princess Garnet has already mentioned, it's an old socket and there is no reason for it to cost near the price of a 2500k that will clock higher and run faster.
For $130 is not even worth selling. 2600K is like 10-15% faster at best clock/clock. Thats $300 right there. Not sure about 2500K but even if it can OC to 5Ghz it still does not have HT which 920 will beat in multitasking applications.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
For $130 is not even worth selling. 2600K is like 10-15% faster at best clock/clock. Thats $300 right there. Not sure about 2500K but even if it can OC to 5Ghz it still does not have HT which 920 will beat in multitasking applications.
With your 920 clocking at those voltages, you should DEFINITELY be able to get atleast $160. If I were you, I would just keep that 920.
Edited by revamper - 8/10/11 at 9:24pm
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
x79
(13 items)
 
x58
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5-1650 v2 | 4.5 GHz ASUS X79 DELUXE EVGA GTX 1080 ACX G.Skill 16GB | DDR3 2133 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
840 EVO [2x250GB RAID 0] | WD10EZEX Phanteks PH-TC14PE W10 x64 ASUS VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX Red EVGA 750 G2 Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 PRO RGB 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5670 | 3.7 GHz Foxconn BloodRage GIGABYTE GTX 670 2 GB SLI G.Skill 6GB | DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
M4 128GB | 2xWD640AAKS [RAID0] Scythe Mugen 2 W7 x64 Microsoft SideWinder x4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 750TX Corsair 500R White Corsair Raptor M45 ASUS Xonar DX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G4560 ASRock H110-STX Intel HD Graphics 610 G.SKILL 8GB | DDR4 2400 CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 WD Black 750GB SATA Noctua NH-L9i W10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Silent 120W/19V Power Adapter ASRock DeskMini 
MouseAudio
Corsair Raptor M45 Realtek ALC283 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 18
sad prices on this "old" stuff, I wouldn't let the mobo go for less then 225$ still sought after by benchmarkers because of the 24 phase power, I'd say about 170$ max for the processor. Ram 40$ max.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS Maximus 4 Gene Z Sapphire 7950 OC G. Skill Ripjaws Z  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Chronos Enhanced Deluxe Hitachi  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Storm Quickfire Pro MX brown switches OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li PC-V600F CM Storm 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Silverstone black glass Roccat Kave  140mm blue LED Areocool Sharks 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASUS Maximus 4 Gene Z Sapphire 7950 OC G. Skill Ripjaws Z  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Chronos Enhanced Deluxe Hitachi  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Storm Quickfire Pro MX brown switches OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li PC-V600F CM Storm 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Silverstone black glass Roccat Kave  140mm blue LED Areocool Sharks 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Appraisals
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Appraisals › X58A-UD7, i7-920, OCZ Platnium 6GB