Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Lurker who finally joined
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lurker who finally joined

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hello everyone! I've lurked here quite a bit recently and decided I should probably sign up. I'm a rookie when it comes to some of the crazy gaming and overclocking many of you do, but I'm learning. Very impressed with the knowledge and systems present here. I've always been into computers on some level, but I'm hoping to at least expand my knowledge and experience here with the help of everyone!
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 11
Welcome!

First things first, order one of these, and get that 2500K flying.

2nd of all, OC that 460.

hahaha just playin man!
My One and Only
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.1GHz MSI P55-CD53 EVGA GTX 570 SC 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Blue Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" LED LCD 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 1000W Modular CM HAF 922 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My One and Only
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.1GHz MSI P55-CD53 EVGA GTX 570 SC 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Blue Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" LED LCD 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 1000W Modular CM HAF 922 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7MS6 View Post
Hello everyone! I've lurked here quite a bit recently and decided I should probably sign up. I'm a rookie when it comes to some of the crazy gaming and overclocking many of you do, but I'm learning. Very impressed with the knowledge and systems present here. I've always been into computers on some level, but I'm hoping to at least expand my knowledge and experience here with the help of everyone!
Heya! Welcome to ocn! Its nice to see a new.. face? Avatar? I don't know what to say here.

Hope to see you in the audio forums where I lurk most.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBKreeme View Post
Welcome!

First things first, order one of these, and get that 2500K flying.

2nd of all, OC that 460.

hahaha just playin man!
Kris, thanks for the welcome!
I think I'm going to step up to a full system water cool here in the not-so-distant future actually. I've got my eye on the XSPC Rasa kits and I'm going to grab a block for that 460 while I'm at it. I think once I do that, I'll feel a lot better about experimenting with overclocking. I've never done it before, so I'm a little hesitant... but I figure once I get things under water, I'll have a little more confidence in heating them up a bit. I do have EVGA's Precision program for the GPU which seems to make overclocking it very simple. The processor, on the other hand is a total mystery to me when it comes to overclocking. Hence why I'm here I guess!
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolinman View Post
Heya! Welcome to ocn! Its nice to see a new.. face? Avatar? I don't know what to say here.

Hope to see you in the audio forums where I lurk most.
Ha thanks man! Avatar still TBD. I'll check out audio. Not much of an audiophile really, but I appreciate a good sound system. I probably wont post much around the forums, but I lurk a ton and absorb a lot of knowledge that you guys post up.
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7MS6 View Post
Kris, thanks for the welcome!
I think I'm going to step up to a full system water cool here in the not-so-distant future actually. I've got my eye on the XSPC Rasa kits and I'm going to grab a block for that 460 while I'm at it. I think once I do that, I'll feel a lot better about experimenting with overclocking. I've never done it before, so I'm a little hesitant... but I figure once I get things under water, I'll have a little more confidence in heating them up a bit. I do have EVGA's Precision program for the GPU which seems to make overclocking it very simple. The processor, on the other hand is a total mystery to me when it comes to overclocking. Hence why I'm here I guess!
Man you're kicking it off in grand style! hahaha my first OC was on a Zerotherm Butterfly heatsink. XSPC Rasa kits are amazing, especially for the price, and that everything comes included. I'd start with your CPU first, since I've heard many stories about people spilling on their GPU's
My One and Only
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.1GHz MSI P55-CD53 EVGA GTX 570 SC 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Blue Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" LED LCD 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 1000W Modular CM HAF 922 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My One and Only
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.1GHz MSI P55-CD53 EVGA GTX 570 SC 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 PC1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB WD Blue Lite-On DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" LED LCD 1920 x 1080 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 1000W Modular CM HAF 922 Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K7MS6 View Post
Ha thanks man! Avatar still TBD. I'll check out audio. Not much of an audiophile really, but I appreciate a good sound system. I probably wont post much around the forums, but I lurk a ton and absorb a lot of knowledge that you guys post up.
Thats what i started out thinking. You'll start posting more than you think you will, trust me. Especially when you have knowledge that can help others.

And audio... <3

I'd give you an hour in the audio forums before you decide you want to go out and blow a bunch of cash on some nice headphones.

EDIT: I keep on wanting to upgrade to the RASA kits like you, but first off, i dont have a case to mount rads on, and secondly, i keep on finding new headphones to blow money on.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBKreeme View Post
Man you're kicking it off in grand style! hahaha my first OC was on a Zerotherm Butterfly heatsink. XSPC Rasa kits are amazing, especially for the price, and that everything comes included. I'd start with your CPU first, since I've heard many stories about people spilling on their GPU's
I've heard nothing but good about the Rasa kits. That's what has drawn me to them. I might end up hooking just the CPU up first... but I'm going to order the GPU block soon as I'm not sure how much longer places are going to carry blocks for the 460... XSPC makes one that looks pretty nice that I'm probably going to grab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolinman View Post
Thats what i started out thinking. You'll start posting more than you think you will, trust me. Especially when you have knowledge that can help others.

And audio... <3

I'd give you an hour in the audio forums before you decide you want to go out and blow a bunch of cash on some nice headphones.

EDIT: I keep on wanting to upgrade to the RASA kits like you, but first off, i dont have a case to mount rads on, and secondly, i keep on finding new headphones to blow money on.
I probably will... haha but I don't really know how much knowledge I can offer here... now if you have a problem with your car or need an airplane flown, I may be able to offer some knowledge! But I'm a computer rookie as of now.

I don't really have a case to mount rads on either... but I'm going to make it work. And when it doesn't, it's an excuse to get a new case and get out of this old hunk-o-junk.
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
Plane Jane
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 EVGA GTX 460 Fermi Corsair Vengeance (8GB) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB SATA3 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 Pro Acer 21.5" Antec Neo HE500 
CaseMouse Pad
MGE Quantum A square squishy one 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Welcome to OCN!
   
Spare Rigs
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core 2 duo P8700@2.53GHz 2242CTO Intel X4500MHD 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
fujitsu 320gb dvd rom cd/rw Windows 7 Professional x64 15.4" 
PowerCaseMouse
Panasonic 6-cell + 65W AC adapter lenovo t500 Logitech MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 760 evga p55 sli MSI gtx460 Hawk corsair dominator 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
kingston ssdnow hyper 212+ windows 7 professional sam syncmaster 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Razer Blackwidow ocz 650W coolermaster elite 335 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Spare Rigs
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
core 2 duo P8700@2.53GHz 2242CTO Intel X4500MHD 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
fujitsu 320gb dvd rom cd/rw Windows 7 Professional x64 15.4" 
PowerCaseMouse
Panasonic 6-cell + 65W AC adapter lenovo t500 Logitech MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 760 evga p55 sli MSI gtx460 Hawk corsair dominator 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
kingston ssdnow hyper 212+ windows 7 professional sam syncmaster 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Razer Blackwidow ocz 650W coolermaster elite 335 
Mouse
Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 11
you should get another 460 and sli it. welcome to ocn and hang tight onto your wallet
Budget Rig V2
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3900 Asus AB350M Pro4 EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPx 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX EVGA CLC 280mm Windows 10 Pro Benq PD3200U 
PowerCase
Seasonic Platinum 660 Fractal Design Mini C 
  hide details  
Reply
Budget Rig V2
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3900 Asus AB350M Pro4 EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPx 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX EVGA CLC 280mm Windows 10 Pro Benq PD3200U 
PowerCase
Seasonic Platinum 660 Fractal Design Mini C 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Members
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › New Members › Lurker who finally joined