Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [HOCP] Euclideon & Unlimited Detail - Bruce Dell Interview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[HOCP] Euclideon & Unlimited Detail - Bruce Dell Interview - Page 4

post #31 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
A youtube video? The animation quality? The fact there's no decent textures? The frame rate? The voice in the video? The video quality? The model detail?

It seems to me like you're trying to argue about a technology to which you know nothing about.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Remind me again, what were you saying about anger? pmsl !
Douche, meet thine-self 5 minutes ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Why is that a problem?
Do you mean your problem is that do not know how to formulate and write your thoughts down, so instead you post a vague video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Anger?

What a strange person. Why would I be angry, i'm now bemused I must admit, but angry? No.
Me? Angry? I laugh.

Anger? Moi? Neva!

Anger..?! Hahaha!

Yes.. what a strange person, indeed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
You posted a video with no explanation as to why,
It's called Context, boy.

You know when you watch a Youtube video, and there are people in the comments saying, "Wow, awesome video", or "Damn, this video sucks"..

You know how you know what they're referring to?

CONTEXT!

They're replying TO the video with a COMMENT. That's context!


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
I only asked what was the point of your post, if you take that as an attack, then you really do have issues, but that's your problem, I really couldn't care less about you.
Yes, it's my problem.

Couldn't be your insulting me by saying: (Notice those pesky colon things again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Why is that a problem?
Do you mean your problem is that do not know how to formulate and write your thoughts down, so instead you post a vague video?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHOP240 View Post
Nice attempt to try and discredit his post, but his original statement still holds true. You simply said "My only problem with this is" and then posted a video without any context or explanation to what "your problem" really was. Were you trying to say that this technology already exists? That the video showed that someone else already beat them to the punch with voxel animation?

If that was what you were trying to say, then you should have just said it.
I was replying to the THREAD, not to him.

Here's how my day went:

I went over to [H], saw the video for 40 minutes, came to OCN, saw this thread..

And then, miraculously.. I decided to to add to the discussion my one gripe with the subject of the thread..

And so, I posted a video, stating that what it contained was my problem with the entire subjective matter at hand.

I was then insulted for my freedom of speech by Douch #1 and this is where we are now.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
A youtube video? The animation quality? The fact there's no decent textures? The frame rate? The voice in the video? The video quality? The model detail?

It seems to me like you're trying to argue about a technology to which you know nothing about.
So because there is more than one possibility, you conclude I know nothing?

Wow, it's like I've entered a NO-LOGIC zone.

I was (quite obviously to me) referring to the fact that the technology is already being used by someone else and is thus (wait for it) not as revolutionary as Bruce Dell claims.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
As hard as this will be for you to believe, Euclideon haven't been working for the past 2 years for the sake of developing a product.
And Bruce Dell didn't accept the interview for the sake of showcasing their ability to develop a product.

Euclideon are developing an industry-changing concept.

Their entire stake is that their idea is revolutionary, that they thought it first, that they are and have been first to think and patent it.

If someone else comes along and does the exact same thing these people have been given 2,000,000$ from the Australian government to do..

Well, that refutes their entire existence.

Now, if we believe these people and their claims that they really are the first, but not only that - the ONLY, and are persuaded to wait until they finish their product in high anticipation..

Well, then we'd be fools for doing so if someone else already has a concept at hand.

So yes, it is VERY MUCH our problem. Especially since I'd love the chance to invest in them (if they're legit - which is top reason for my concern).
If they do have an industry-changing concept, what's wrong with them wanting to keep it under wraps to patent it? If, as you seem to believe that it's nothing new, then they won't gain the patent. Showing youtube videos of your work in progress to the worlds nerds isn't going to decide a patents case in the courts. They may be using existing technology, but it's what you do with that technology that counts.

Do you think when Dunlop invented the tyre it wasn't worthy of public appraise because he didn't invent the wheel?

No ones asked you to wait in anticipation for anything, that's up to you. They also said they don't need any more investors, so really, you have no concerns, just let them play it through. Whether it's Euclideon or anyone else that develops an industry changing concept, I don't care, I just want to see some progression from the low detail polygons we have now.
Purpleannex
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Z68 Extreme4gen3 Gainward GTX 470 @ 740Mhz 8GB Mushkin Blackline LV (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M225 SSD 2 x 500gb 500GbB samsung 500GbB samsung Samsung SH-B083L 8x BD Combo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG W2486L LED 24" 1080p Antech True power new 750W FT-02 B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Purpleannex
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Z68 Extreme4gen3 Gainward GTX 470 @ 740Mhz 8GB Mushkin Blackline LV (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB Crucial M225 SSD 2 x 500gb 500GbB samsung 500GbB samsung Samsung SH-B083L 8x BD Combo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64-bit LG W2486L LED 24" 1080p Antech True power new 750W FT-02 B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
If they do have an industry-changing concept, what's wrong with them wanting to keep it under wraps to patent it? If, as you seem to believe that it's nothing new, then they won't gain the patent. Showing youtube videos of your work in progress to the worlds nerds isn't going to decide a patents case in the courts. They may be using existing technology, but it's what you do with that technology that counts.
Very true, but as an investor, I cannot stake my money on a revolutionary idea unless I'm sure it's first to the patent office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
Do you think when Dunlop invented the tyre it wasn't worthy of public appraise because he didn't invent the wheel?
What wheel?

This is like if Dunlop hadn't invented the tire, but in fact some Youtube nerd.


Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleannex View Post
I
No ones asked you to wait in anticipation for anything, that's up to you. They also said they don't need any more investors, so really, you have no concerns, just let them play it through. Whether it's Euclideon or anyone else that develops an industry changing concept, I don't care, I just want to see some progression from the low detail polygons we have now.
I don't need to be asked for anything to be allowed the right to express my issues with something, anything.

That's called freedom of speech.

I DO care, because I want to invest (in my own right), and because I want this technology to come out sooner rather than later.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 76
You don't even scratch the surface of my tinfoil hat , Euclideon.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post
The video proves enough, doesn't it?
No. I'm still waiting to see:

1.) Animations
2.) Rotated objects, all of the instanced objects in the video have the same rotations.
3.) Destructible objects
4.) Physics implementation
5.) Scaled objects, all of the instanced objects are of the same scale in that video.
6.) Shadow casting implementation

If you would like to know more I go into detail in the link in my sig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
I think they done a good job of shutting all the haters and doubters up.

They're occulling the atoms on a per-pixel basis which is why they can do what they do.

Any atoms that are to small to be showed on screen don't get calculated and any atoms which are not dirrectly in view don't get calcualated. This saves an awful lot of memory and CPU resources.

Normal games use these occullsion methods but not as effective and efficient as these guys.
Current games can already do occlusion culling per-triangle, it's just that those methods aren't needed because GPUs are efficient enough that the GPU can more cheaply throw away those triangles. This leaves most games only needing more basic culling algorithms.

I'm a skeptic until I see some proof on how their methods work, which likely won't come until they've patented and released the engine (if that does indeed happen). Based on the video it's obvious they have a lot working right now, but there is still a lot ahead of them.
Edited by lordikon - 8/11/11 at 6:12am
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 76
Good to see he explained all of the differences between the tech.

I feel better about Unlimited Detail now.

Quote:
1.) Animations
2.) Rotated objects, all of the instanced objects in the video have the same rotations.
3.) Destructible objects
4.) Physics implementation
5.) Scaled objects, all of the instanced objects are of the same scale in that video.
6.) Shadow casting implementation
Watch the video. They explain most of those. As well as a fairly long discussion about Notch's post.

It's still years from being usable so just give them time.
Edited by Reflux - 8/11/11 at 6:50am
The Iron Giant
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X Mushkin Silverline 3x4GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 Samsung F3 Western Digital Raptor Crucial M4 128GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony DRU-87S Corsair H70 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X243HQBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Seasonic X650 Lian Li Lancool K62 Zowie AM MS 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Edirol MA-7A speakers. Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
The Iron Giant
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 950 X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD5870 Vapor-X Mushkin Silverline 3x4GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 Samsung F3 Western Digital Raptor Crucial M4 128GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony DRU-87S Corsair H70 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer X243HQBD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Seasonic X650 Lian Li Lancool K62 Zowie AM MS 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Edirol MA-7A speakers. Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
So because there is more than one possibility, you conclude I know nothing?

Wow, it's like I've entered a NO-LOGIC zone.

I was (quite obviously to me) referring to the fact that the technology is already being used by someone else and is thus (wait for it) not as revolutionary as Bruce Dell claims.
You not explaining leena you know nothing, if your knew what you were talking about you would if explained technically what was wrong with it.

But you didn't instead posting a video and keying people try and work it out.

If you knew what you were talking about then you would of explained instead if posting a video and using that as your argument.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
You not explaining leena you know nothing, if your knew what you were talking about you would if explained technically what was wrong with it.

But you didn't instead posting a video and keying people try and work it out.

If you knew what you were talking about then you would of explained instead if posting a video and using that as your argument.

And I would hardly call a single low detailed model the same as unlimited detail.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk


Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 2 x6 1075T 5.5Ghz ASUS Crosshair 4 EXtreme GTX 470 SLI OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600Mhz CL7 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Carvier Black 1.2Tb RAID 0 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1000w Modular Coolermaster Cosmos S 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [HOCP] Euclideon & Unlimited Detail - Bruce Dell Interview