Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [INQ]UK considers banning rioters from BBM, Twitter and Facebook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[INQ]UK considers banning rioters from BBM, Twitter and Facebook - Page 10  

post #91 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
So if it was so cut and dry, why did they report that he opened fire on them, when he didn't?
At any event like this why are there always differing accounts of what happened?

When a bank is robbed why are there multiple descriptions of assailants given to the police?

In high-pressure, high-pressure situations it is common to forget details, omit details, exaggerate details and even recollect events completely different from others in the exact same situations.

It's called the 'Rashomon Effect'.

“effect of the subjectivity of perception on recollection, by which observers of an event are able to produce substantially different but equally plausible accounts of it.â€

People can give completely honest recollections to an event and be wrong.

As I said earlier, after an enquiry and looking at the evidence a conclusion will be drawn as to the events of the shooting.
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
post #92 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
Nobody will know all the facts until the official enquiry has been conducted.
And you really think the proper facts are going to be revealed, when it's the POLICE doing the investigation.

They already reported that he shot first, yet, the evidence shows the contrary.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
post #93 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post
And you really think the proper facts are going to be revealed, when it's the POLICE doing the investigation.
It's not the Police who's doing the investigation it's IPCC.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
post #94 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post
I would really like to see YOU on that street facing a well known gang member with a gun in his hand.
That would surly change your point of view my friend.
I'm not a police officer, lets deal with the facts.

Quote:
You're willing to excuse a criminal and use every way to twist it around but you don't think that this Policeman is out there protecting YOU from things like that.
The fact of the matter is the police seem to have misrepresented the situation, so they are no longer credible in my book until some independent party determines so. I'm not excusing anything, he should have been jailed for having an illegal weapon. And the cop should be jailed if he killed someone unreasonably.

Quote:
Some people that live in quiet clean suburbs do not have a clue how life looks in the big cities in not so prestigious areas.
Oh please. I have spent time in major cities across the USA and abroad, London included. I've lived in buildings where people have been shot. I'd rather we talk about the article and issue instead of throwing around half baked assumptions.

Quote:
And don't twist my words please I am talking about this PARTICULAR situation nothing else , this Policeman did his job period.
I'm just asking you to accept the facts. The police lied about what happened, and you have absolutely no evidence to provide that he was "Just doing his job." It could very well be that the guy waived the gun, but if he did, why lie about him opening fire?

The burden lies on the cops here, the man is dead and they look to be caught lying.
Edited by _02 - 8/11/11 at 12:13pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
post #95 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
I'm not a police officer, lets deal with the facts.

I'm looking at the facts, both sides. Rationally. The fact of the matter is the police misrepresented the situation, so they are no longer credible in my book until some independent party determines so. I'm not excusing anything, he should have been jailed for having an illegal weapon.



Oh please. I have spent time in major cities across the USA and abroad, London included.



I'm just asking you to accept the facts. The police lied about what happened, and you have absolutely no evidence to provide that he was "Just doing his job." It could very well be that the guy waived the gun, but if he did, why lie about him opening fire?

The burden lies on the cops here, the man is dead and they look to be caught lying.
You're not a Policeman yet you have a very clear opinion what should be done in those situations.
Yes he should be jailed for having illegal weapon if he didn't carry it on the streets/draw it on the Police.
It's not clear where came the rumor about Dougan shooting so you can't say that Policeman was lying.
Spending time does not equal living here , you might have a different opinion if your community was directly affected by gangs , thugs and drug dealers.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
post #96 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
I'm not a police officer, lets deal with the facts.



The fact of the matter is the police seem to have misrepresented the situation, so they are no longer credible in my book until some independent party determines so. I'm not excusing anything, he should have been jailed for having an illegal weapon. And the cop should be jailed if he killed someone unreasonably.



Oh please. I have spent time in major cities across the USA and abroad, London included. I've lived in buildings where people have been shot. I'd rather we talk about the article and issue instead of throwing around half baked assumptions.



I'm just asking you to accept the facts. The police lied about what happened, and you have absolutely no evidence to provide that he was "Just doing his job." It could very well be that the guy waived the gun, but if he did, why lie about him opening fire?

The burden lies on the cops here, the man is dead and they look to be caught lying.
Last edited by _02 : 5 Minutes Ago at 02:13 PM

I see you edited your post huh ?
This surly makes this story more believable.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
post #97 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post
You're not a Policeman yet you have a very clear opinion what should be done in those situations.
Asking for justice in a murder is hardly having an opinion on what should be done in said situation. The only thing I've said is that he should only have been killed as a last resort.

Quote:
It's not clear where came the rumor about Dougan shooting so you can't say that Policeman was lying.
Fair enough, but you insist that they were just doing their job. I can meet you in the middle and admit that neither of us know the truth. I'm overly skeptical of the police, and I assume you are overly skeptical of a drug dealer.

All I know is that human life of any kind is not to be trivialized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post
Last edited by _02 : 5 Minutes Ago at 02:13 PM

I see you edited your post huh ?
This surly makes this story more believable.
I didn't change anything to suit my argument, I always edit wording in my posts. Neurotically.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and ask whatever it is you doubt. I'm fully prepared to bat for my opinions and admit when/if I'm wrong. I don't need to backpedal or cushion anything.

I promise =)
Edited by _02 - 8/11/11 at 12:36pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5 (1.39v) Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P ASUS 5850 @ 880/1180 (1.118v) 4gb 1333mhz G.Skill DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64gb Crucial M4 SSD 3x 250gb WD2500JD - RAID0 1tb WD1001FALS 1tb WD10EARS 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pioneer DLDVD/CDRW Arctic Freezer Pro 64 Win 7 64bit Ultimate E2305 LG 23" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch II Ninja Tenkeyless Fortron BlueStorm II 500w CM 690II Advanced Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
generic Echo Miamidi PCI M-Audio BX5a Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
post #98 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666 View Post
Last edited by _02 : 5 Minutes Ago at 02:13 PM

I see you edited your post huh ?
This surly makes this story more believable.
You mean kinda like the Police's story doesn't add up either. But you're ok with that though.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
post #99 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post
You mean kinda like the Police's story doesn't add up either. But you're ok with that though.
If you aren't going to post anything constructive, don't just flame when there is an argument - it just makes you look like a total idiot.

They have both stated (multiple times) that a proper conclusion can only really be made after the IPCC have conducted their investigation.

It is perfectly logical to take the word of a police officer over the actions of an armed drug dealer - only time will tell what actually happened.
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
Toaster
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K ASUS Maximum VII Impact Z97 OcUK GeForce GTX 970 "NVIDIA 970 Cooler Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) Low-profile Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 850 EVO Corsair H100i Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600W SFX Silverstone Strider NCASE M1 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
post #100 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
Asking for justice in a murder is hardly having an opinion on what should be done in said situation. The only thing I've said is that he should only have been killed as a last resort.



Fair enough, but you insist that they were just doing there job. I can meet you in the middle and admit that neither of us know the truth. I'm overly skeptical of the police, and I assume you are overly skeptical of a drug dealer.

All I know is that human life of any kind is not to be trivialized.



I didn't change anything to suit my argument, I always edit wording in my posts. Neurotically.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and ask. I'm fully prepared to bat for my opinions.
I never said that shooting Dougan was a 'justice' I'm only saying that Policeman had a little choice in this situation.
Lets not forget that Dougan was a well known criminal and a gang leader who was under surveillance by a special Police unit.
Trigger happy Police is as bad if not worse than gangsters so once again I'm not condoning shooting to all gangsters/dealers out there not I'm trying to excuse the Police.
What I'm saying is in this particular situation Police was right to do what they did , as far as we know that is.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [INQ]UK considers banning rioters from BBM, Twitter and Facebook