Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Elderscrolls IV Oblivion Rendering Mod
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Elderscrolls IV Oblivion Rendering Mod - Page 2

post #11 of 19
Might I suggest Better Cities mod? It makes the cities in the game look WAY better to be honest. Also the Animated Window Lighting System looks really really good at night.

Have you tried using OBGE? I'm working on a 200+ mod install at the moment and I've noticed that OBGE takes a fair chunk of performance but makes the game look more realistic in colors and rendering. If you end up downloading it, give the Depth of Field, MLAA, Volumetric_SSAO, and any one of the Color Mood shaders a try. And get the Parallax Occlusion Mapping addon as well, it makes the textures look 3D. Again, a performance hit but a definite graphic improvement.

If you want more immersion, Ambient Dungeons mod makes dungeons and general night play alot more darker instead of having ambient lighting in places where there shouldn't be. Make sure to bring a torch.

And 20% on your processor sounds right. Oblivion only uses 1 core and seems to be up to ~30% on a second core for other stuff. Do you have a dedicated sound card?

Give this log a read if you want to get serious into modding out the game haha

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/379657-my-big-fat-complicated-modded-steam-oblivion-reinstall-adventure/
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by modinn View Post
Might I suggest Better Cities mod? It makes the cities in the game look WAY better to be honest. Also the Animated Window Lighting System looks really really good at night.

Have you tried using OBGE? I'm working on a 200+ mod install at the moment and I've noticed that OBGE takes a fair chunk of performance but makes the game look more realistic in colors and rendering. If you end up downloading it, give the Depth of Field, MLAA, Volumetric_SSAO, and any one of the Color Mood shaders a try. And get the Parallax Occlusion Mapping addon as well, it makes the textures look 3D. Again, a performance hit but a definite graphic improvement.

If you want more immersion, Ambient Dungeons mod makes dungeons and general night play alot more darker instead of having ambient lighting in places where there shouldn't be. Make sure to bring a torch.

And 20% on your processor sounds right. Oblivion only uses 1 core and seems to be up to ~30% on a second core for other stuff. Do you have a dedicated sound card?

Give this log a read if you want to get serious into modding out the game haha

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index....all-adventure/
I will try that out. Is OBG have some stuff I already have?
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
Edit: It won't let my screenshots upload...I just tried image shack too and it said file too big? never had this happen before, I typically do a print screen, but I used fraps... I will continue to tinker and if I can get it up I will add them.
Post it as an attachment here.


I'll try to dl all those and install later, but I don't see a mod manager on your list. Try BOSS, I like it because it is easy... or OBMM [esp. if using OMOD versions] or Wrye Bash.
Mobile Gamer IV
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMOptical Drive
i7 4710HQ Nvidia GTX 980m 8GB 16GB [2x8GB] 1600MHz Blu-ray Burner 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 x64 Steel Series Full-Color Programmable 230w Power Brick MSI GT72 DOMINATOR 
  hide details  
Reply
Mobile Gamer IV
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMOptical Drive
i7 4710HQ Nvidia GTX 980m 8GB 16GB [2x8GB] 1600MHz Blu-ray Burner 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 8.1 x64 Steel Series Full-Color Programmable 230w Power Brick MSI GT72 DOMINATOR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsquare View Post
Post it as an attachment here.


I'll try to dl all those and install later, but I don't see a mod manager on your list. Try BOSS, I like it because it is easy... or OBMM [esp. if using OMOD versions] or Wrye Bash.
Wrye Bash is the way to go if you are doing a lot of texture replacements. Simply because you need the ability to control texture and mesh overwrites when you are installing 20+ mods. BOSS will sort out your load order automatically. You can PyFFI the meshes to make them less stressful on your CPU. Using OBMM to create an uncompressed version of the Textures.bsa file helps out stuttering.

There is a lot of more experienced things you can do to make the game look better and feel better. Read the guide I posted above, it's about as in-depth and up-to-date guide as I can find. There is also this guide if you are wanting no gameplay changing mods but the absolute BEST graphical and demanding experience.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18247684

Follow the steps in order or else your performance will suffer by the end of the guide. And I recommend using an SSD to put your final Oblivion file in to make loading textures and meshes on the fly faster. You won't get any more stuttering in the country-side with an SSD.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
I will try that out. Is OBG have some stuff I already have?
OBGE is totally different mod. It is supported by OBSE if that is what you are thinking of. OBGE doesn't do any texture or mesh replacements like the mods in your list. OBGE is a Pre-Processing and Post-Processing mod that alters the way the game looks before and after it is rendered.

I will post a picture of what mine looks like when I get it done in the next day or two. The Color Effects make it look way more realistic and not-so cartoonish.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
I forgot to say I am using obmm for the textures. Otherwise I just have back up files and replace after unzipping (manual install).
post #17 of 19
OBMM is fine. Here's the only bad thing about OBMM once you get hardcore into modding. Say you are about half-way through unit testing your install order making sure mods aren't crashing your game. Then all of a sudden, you install one texture pack and it crashes the game. How do you uninstall the textures without knowing which ones were replaced in your folder?

That's where Wrye Bash steps in, it looks at your Bash Installation archives and replaces files based on the order they are in the list. If you were to delete or uninstall that archive, it would search for the next highest texture in the list of your load order and replace it with that.

But what you're doing is fine if you think you can manage it all in one go with no crashes. Wrye Bash is moreso when you start modifying animations and scripts.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by modinn View Post
OBMM is fine. Here's the only bad thing about OBMM once you get hardcore into modding. Say you are about half-way through unit testing your install order making sure mods aren't crashing your game. Then all of a sudden, you install one texture pack and it crashes the game. How do you uninstall the textures without knowing which ones were replaced in your folder?

That's where Wrye Bash steps in, it looks at your Bash Installation archives and replaces files based on the order they are in the list. If you were to delete or uninstall that archive, it would search for the next highest texture in the list of your load order and replace it with that.

But what you're doing is fine if you think you can manage it all in one go with no crashes. Wrye Bash is moreso when you start modifying animations and scripts.
Alright, yeah I just wanted a little bit of visual fluff. You know. Hopefully this is enough to hold me off until skyrim. Boy is that going to be good. Thanks modinn +1 when I get home, haven't figured out how to rep off of tapatalk yet. :/
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
I have that, is there a way to make sure I have it installed right? I see a bunch of trees in the distance, but some infront of those I see aren't there...
dont modify the tree count in the ini file, also some of these trees might be uniquelandscapes or other mods lod tree meshes

run tes4lodgen and install lod meshes for unique landscapes
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2630qm@2.0ghz 560m GTX 1.5gb dedicated 8GB 1333hz 500 7200RPM 
Optical DriveMonitor
128 SSD 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 2630qm@2.0ghz 560m GTX 1.5gb dedicated 8GB 1333hz 500 7200RPM 
Optical DriveMonitor
128 SSD 15.6" 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Elderscrolls IV Oblivion Rendering Mod