Originally Posted by Narzon
So you're taking on stand on something you dislike so that you can accomplish... what? I get it, you guys want to show EA that you don't like their service. However, I think we all know this little "boycott" isn't going to affect sales in any significant way whatsoever. I think we all know that 90% of the people here claiming they won't buy BF3 (a pretty small percentage considering the angry crowd is generally the loudest) will buy it anyways. All you're doing is denying yourself the fun of playing BF3, and denying money towards DICE, one of the few major developers standing up for the PC platform. Lose-Lose.
Again, Origin will make EA more money regardless of whether or not a couple dozen people refuse to use it, it's not going anywhere. So unless you can conjure a plan to make EA lose profit, you're not accomplishing anything whatsoever. It's not a civil rights case.. it's a business decision.
- We already know it is a business decision
- We already know that our lost sales does not mean anything to them
- We already know that we are missing out on what could be a great game
- We already know that most people are spineless loud mouths who will still buy the game (good for them)
- We have already decided that between the choices of not playing BF3 or choking down a forced distribution client, that we will rather not play. If you don't agree, well too bad for you. It is not your choice to make.
- We are not angry. BF3 and EA fans seem way angrier than us.
We already know and have said all that. Why are you still trying to argue with us for things we already know and have told you BF3 fans repeatedly that we know? If you truly understand our sentiments, then simply accept it to move on. Again, it is not like we are telling you not to buy and enjoy the game. We accept and respect your decision to buy the game through Origin, why can you not accept and respect our decision not to? If you feel that strongly about supporting Dice, then feel free to buy the game multiple times on our behalf.