Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [bf3blog]Origin required to play Battlefield 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[bf3blog]Origin required to play Battlefield 3 - Page 27

post #261 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post


Again, I won't be buying the game, HOPEFULLY to impact the "MILLIONS will be buying" it thing. While I'd love to play the game, I don't appreciate EA forcing Origin with the game.

This is how politicians try to pass their crap. Let's propose a bill that does X (a wonderful, needed thing) but then let's also put in Y (a not-needed, self-serving thing). Do you vote for it to get the good thing or not vote for it to oppose Y?

I'm not saying there is a right answer (though it's clear you think there is one) but I don't feel buying the game sends the message I want to send to EA. As silly as it may sound to you, I'm not going to justify buying this game just because millions of people are doing it and I may not change anything.
The difference, EA is a business, not a politician. This is capitalism. EA doesn't care what a small group of people think about them, they do whatever gets them money, as they should. We're not voting on their decisions, we just take them and react appropriately. Ignoring an outstanding product because you don't like a program that comes with it just doesn't make sense to me.
post #262 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post


Again, I won't be buying the game, HOPEFULLY to impact the "MILLIONS will be buying" it thing. While I'd love to play the game, I don't appreciate EA forcing Origin with the game.

This is how politicians try to pass their crap. Let's propose a bill that does X (a wonderful, needed thing) but then let's also put in Y (a not-needed, self-serving thing). Do you vote for it to get the good thing or not vote for it to oppose Y?

I'm not saying there is a right answer (though it's clear you think there is one) but I don't feel buying the game sends the message I want to send to EA. As silly as it may sound to you, I'm not going to justify buying this game just because millions of people are doing it and I may not change anything.
I dont understand the thin skinned nature of some of the people posting in this thread?

You post your opinion, someone discusses what they think about your opinion, and simply because they discussed in a way that you dont agree with, I'm apparently "raging" or "getting worked up"?

No. I simply read your opinion and expanded upon why I think what I think about it.

If you dont want anyone to actually tell you what they think about your opinion, dont post it......otherwise your just getting upset at other peoples opinion while complaining about people "getting upset" about yours. Simply because they attempted to actually discuss it with you.

Its quite silly and makes no sense in many ways.

Also, I never said anything about a wrong or right answer, I simply stated that what you want and thought EA should do in this situation is not based upon the realities of our world, but simply upon what you would like to have happen to suit your wants.

I personally WOULD like a program that I could have ALL my friends and ALL my games on, but when faced with reality I know it wont happen.

Furthermore, if people are so die hard against publishers pushing drm/download software because of its future implications, they should have started with the ORIGINATORS of that very idea.

Instead, you and many others have SUPPORTED those originators to the point where they are now so successful that other publishers are making a push to do the same.

The only problem, is that you didn't care bout the future implications until those implications became applicable to your side of the fence.

You could have started your protests at the root of the problem, but you've started it after the root grew into a tree with a strong trunk that wont be going anywhere any time soon.

You are quite literally tasting the poison you helped add to the cake and you're eating it wondering why it tastes so bad.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 8/12/11 at 12:29pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post
No one says stuff when valve and blizzard does the same thing, but jumping on the ea hate wagon is the cool thing to do.
So you're implying my opinion is invalid because I'm just trying to be cool and jump on a 'hate wagon'? Or even if my opinion is valid, I'm still just trying to be cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzon View Post
The difference, EA is a business, not a politician. This is capitalism. EA doesn't care what a small group of people think about them, they do whatever gets them money, as they should. We're not voting on their decisions, we just take them and react appropriately. Ignoring an outstanding product because you don't like a program that comes with it just doesn't make sense to me.
But you are 'voting' on their decisions. When you pay them for a game, you just voted for that game and any other change or test they had with it. In this case, when you buy BF3 you are supporting DICE, EA, Origin, and any other changes they've added in the game. Obviously not every change is worth not buying the game but for the ones that are, people should vote with their money. And to criticize other people for their choices of what is important or not the them is just silly.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
I dont understand the thin skinned nature of some of the people posting in this thread?

You post your opinion, someone discusses what they think about your opinion, and simply because they discussed in a way that you dont agree with, I'm apparently "raging" or "getting worked up"?

No. I simply read your opinion and expanded upon why I think what I think about it.

If you dont want anyone to actually tell you what they think about your opinion, dont post it......otherwise your just getting upset at other peoples opinion while complaining about people "getting upset" about yours.

Its quite silly and makes no sense in many ways.

Also, I never said anything about a wrong or right answer, I simply stated that what you want and thought EA should do in this situation is not based upon the realities of our world.
Why are you quoting me for saying "raging" and "getting worked up"? There's a difference between discussion a topic or opinion and blindly professing other people's choices to be silly and makes no sense. If you really think I'm getting upset and doing it because someone is disagreeing with my opinion on a web forum I frequent then I'm sorry. You can feel free to tell me what you think of my opinion but when your replies are like the one above, you really don't add anything to the conversation.
Edited by IEATFISH - 8/12/11 at 12:24pm
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #264 of 349
Frankly, I'm excited that a lot of the people who complain a lot will be absent from BF3 due to this. Should make for a better playing experience.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
So you're implying my opinion is invalid because I'm just trying to be cool and jump on a 'hate wagon'? Or even if my opinion is valid, I'm still just trying to be cool?



But you are 'voting' on their decisions. When you pay them for a game, you just voted for that game and any other change or test they had with it. In this case, when you buy BF3 you are supporting DICE, EA, Origin, and any other changes they've added in the game. Obviously not every change is worth not buying the game but for the ones that are, people should vote with their money. And to criticize other people for their choices of what is important or not the them is just silly.
I am simply addressing what you said, that you are tired of games trying to force DD client down our throats, steam is required for many games physical or otherwise; why doesnt everyone just boycott steam then? The people who want a steam copy will buy it on steam but why must valve games have to need steam if someone bought a physical, same with games that are not even from valve but require steam nonetheless. Why does only EA get your hate? because they did it after blizzard and valve?

Also ya people are voting on THE GAME not the launcher

They are supporting the game itself not origins, I would say the people who buy the game on origins are supporting it, but what about those who will get a retail copy? If I bought shogun 2 total war at a retail store (a steam required game?) am I doing it because I am supporting steam or because I like total war games.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post
No one says stuff when valve and blizzard does the same thing, but jumping on the ea hate wagon is the cool thing to do.
Neither Valve nor Blizzard has a consistent history of ruining franchises, milking franchises, and putting out games before they are ready.

Valve is considered the poster boy of game developers and publishers because:

- They help develop Indy ideas into franchises (see CS, Portal, and L4D)
- They continue to develop the franchise with well polished games instead of milking them (L4D2, Portal 2, TF2)
- They emphasize quality over profit; they are completely content to push back a game as long as necessary to make sure it is polished as a game
- They do not charge for DLC
- They are willing to listen to their fan base and usually honest when addressing concerns

Blizzard is a long time veteran that has always been in high standings with gamers, though recent business decisions have also caused a dent in their previously almost flawless reputation:

- They have always released quality games and valued gameplay feedback (Warcraft RTS franchise, WoW, Diablo franchise, Starcraft)
- They have shown consistent willingness to take as long as they need to make sure the game they release is well polished
- Their games have immense re-playability
- Until recently their pricing strategies have always been fair (Starcraft 2 being broken up into three releases like some cheap boy band), but I will give them the benefit of the doubt here and continue to watch closely
- They host great events!
- They always take user testing very seriously

EA on the other hand...

- Have bought then ruined several good franchises (C&C, NFS, SimCity, ect) by either driving away developers or milking them without increasing quality
- Very willing to milk franchises
- A history of high handed DRM methods
- Not a very strong relationship with gamers (best described as formerly ice cold to optimistically cautious)

Now granted, if Origin does continue to develop in a positive way, EA continues to behave nicely, and enough games are released on the Origin platform (5-6), I may finally jump on board as the investment will outweigh my dislike for another distribution client and the publisher. I don't anticipate that happening however within the next couple of years.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
So you're implying my opinion is invalid because I'm just trying to be cool and jump on a 'hate wagon'? Or even if my opinion is valid, I'm still just trying to be cool?



But you are 'voting' on their decisions. When you pay them for a game, you just voted for that game and any other change or test they had with it. In this case, when you buy BF3 you are supporting DICE, EA, Origin, and any other changes they've added in the game. Obviously not every change is worth not buying the game but for the ones that are, people should vote with their money. And to criticize other people for their choices of what is important or not the them is just silly.

edit:


1.Why are you quoting me for saying "raging" and "getting worked up"? 2.There's a difference between discussion a topic or opinion and blindly professing other people's choices to be silly and makes no sense. 3.If you really think I'm getting upset and doing it because someone is disagreeing with my opinion on a web forum I frequent then I'm sorry. You can feel free to tell me what you think of my opinion but when your replies are like the one above, you really don't add anything to the conversation.
1.

You quoted literally a line of you saying someone would get worked up about you stating your opinion after quoting my reply to said opinion. Then used an smiley as the first line of your text as if to imply that my reply to your opinion was one of getting worked up.


2.

I never said what you said was silly or made no sense.

I literally only said that you believe that EA should have done certain things because it will benefit you and your wants, instead of what EA wants to do (make money and expose Origin to the most amount of people possible) and that your wants were unrealistic.

3.

Dont know what you mean by this. What do you mean when you say "doing it"? Refusing to buy the game? If so, I never said that you not buying the game has anything to do with literally anything to do with this forum....you may need to read my post again.

4.

I didn't use abusive words against you.

I didn't show any signs of anger or aggression.

I literally just stated that you only said a certain thing should have been done a certain way by EA because you want it that way.

However, when you take into a account what EA wants as well, what you think is the thing that should be done, would not align with the companies goals for their service and the future.

Therefore, you wants are not based upon the reality of the situation.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 8/12/11 at 12:46pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #268 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
Neither Valve nor Blizzard has a consistent history of ruining franchises, milking franchises, and putting out games before they are ready.

Valve is considered the poster boy of game developers and publishers because:

- They help develop Indy ideas into franchises (see CS, Portal, and L4D)
- They continue to develop the franchise with well polished games instead of milking them (L4D2, Portal 2, TF2)
- They emphasize quality over profit; they are completely content to push back a game as long as necessary to make sure it is polished as a game
- They do not charge for DLC
- They are willing to listen to their fan base and usually honest when addressing concerns

Blizzard is a long time veteran that has always been in high standings with gamers, though recent business decisions have also caused a dent in their previously almost flawless reputation:

- They have always released quality games and valued gameplay feedback (Warcraft RTS franchise, WoW, Diablo franchise, Starcraft)
- They have shown consistent willingness to take as long as they need to make sure the game they release is well polished
- Their games have immense re-playability
- Until recently their pricing strategies have always been fair (Starcraft 2 being broken up into three releases like some cheap boy band), but I will give them the benefit of the doubt here and continue to watch closely
- They host great events!
- They always take user testing very seriously

EA on the other hand...

- Have bought then ruined several good franchises (C&C, NFS, SimCity, ect) by either driving away developers or milking them without increasing quality
- Very willing to milk franchises
- A history of high handed DRM methods
- Not a very strong relationship with gamers (best described as formerly ice cold to optimistically cautious)

Now granted, if Origin does continue to develop in a positive way, EA continues to behave nicely, and enough games are released on the Origin platform (5-6), I may finally jump on board as the investment will outweigh my dislike for another distribution client and the publisher. I don't anticipate that happening however within the next couple of years.
If you never liked EA and try not to support them in the first place then chances are you never cared for the previous battlefield games anyways, so why are you bothering to claim it was origins that influenced your decision for bf3.

I for one never cared for Blizzard or Valve here's why

l4d2 could have been dlc for l4d1, adding nothing that couldnt have been done without an update but insisted on selling it as a new game.

Using the same game engine for the past 8 years or so, when certain companies /cough activision, get hate for using the same engine

Tf2 more like the money milk hat store

portal 2 being sold for 50$ despite not adding much more than what portal 1 a game that shipped with another 4 games for 30$

steam actually has god awful deals most of the time, summer and winter deals are the only good ones, if you want good deals take a look at d2d. However people always want to pay extra for getting it on steam to pad their list (which is why I suspect people are boycotting bf3)

I never really cared for blizzard games in the first place but they have been charging 60$ for games since the beginning.

Cata ezmode and imbalances proves blizzard just cares about profit and not gameplay.

Diablo 3 stripped features and DRM speak for itself


Also FYI those series EA ruined well its because the original developers are no longer working on them but EA themselves are. Battlefield 3 is being developed by DICE, EA is just the publisher; DICE have a history of making excellent games.

I on the other hand do not have allegiances to companies but the actual game itself, I am a Battlefield fan thus I am going to get BF3. I am also a company of heroes fan, witcher fan and a total war fan, elder scrolls etc. IF those games get sequels I am buying them as well
Edited by sausageson - 8/12/11 at 1:02pm
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #269 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post
...
I can completely respect your opinion and thoughts. I even agree on some of those points. I played BF and some BC2. Is it one of my top favorite franchises? Probably not. Did I still initially have it on my buy list? Most definitely. Either way, I still wish for your complete enjoyment for the game. Gamers should always enjoy their purchases.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post
If you never liked EA and try not to support them in the first place then chances are you never cared for the previous battlefield games anyways, so why are you bothering to claim it was origins that influenced your decision for bf3.
Its as I stated earlier.

People are showing themselves up by only picking up the pitchforks when it suits them best to do so.

He has openly said that he doesn't mind buying the game and letting EA get his money, just as long as he gets to do what he wants.

That means that he actually doesn't have a problem with supporting EA at all. He'll accept and support what he calls bad practices and untrustworthyness as long as he gets what he wants.

Using simply logic, it just means he wants what he wants and he's not supporting EA this time because he's not getting what he wants. Once you break it down to its core like that, its easy to see.

He'll show you scrolls of what EA does badly and how they literally cant be trusted, yet the only time he'll act on that information and not support EA in anyway, is if he has to use Origin.

They're a bad company and your dont trust them, but you'll support them as long as you get your bit to keep you happy?

Thats just half hearted.

That is the problem with most the people here. They'll ignore when its suits them to ignore, but get the strop when the cow pat hits the fan.

Many many people are defending to the teeth, the program that popularised the very notion of having publishers require background software to run games in Steam.

If they didn't want publishers requiring background software to run games, they should have nipped it in the bud with steam, instead of doing the exact opposite and making it so successful that other companies want to emulate their tactics.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 8/12/11 at 1:07pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [bf3blog]Origin required to play Battlefield 3